Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgery
Not enough exp....? I don't know but leveling on STO, in my opinion, is way too fast and easy. Got my Klingon to Brigadier General (Admiral) in a week and a half.

I guess my viewpoint is skewed though, because I'm used to playing hardcore Korean MMOs thar aren't geared for the casual American audience.
Seriously Surgery, you got yours to BG before they nerfed the **** out of xp. Now it's pathetic. My Klingon(s) in CB and OB leveled far faster than mine in release. I made the mistake of playing my Feds to start with because I've been helping my family and friends that started playing. Now they're doing fine and don't need my help (and my 'main' fed is Adm.) I'm trying to level my Klingon and it's moving not quite as fast as pond water.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCivicCRX View Post
My fed got to RA5 in 5 days /played and he was started from headstart.

....Making games for "casual" gamers RUINS them, Modern Warfail 2 was toned down for "casual" gamers took away dedi servers for the most useless p2p system, took away ability to mod etc.

My point is making games for the lowest intelligence makes them crappy for everyone with an ounce of brains and knowhow.
Were playing video games here, not doing calculus. What you are describing here is just regular learning, mastering something after dozens of hours of repetition. Being able to play a game better than someone else does not make you more intelligent than them.

I study and research to pass tests and finish papers. I refuse to study and research to be able to play a video game. Everything I need to know about how to play a video game should be right there in the game.

And none of this has anything to do with how really annoyingly hard it is to get anywhere with your klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, with current system you can't let yourself take advantage of cloak and always wait for balance and expect to level fast. What i do is look for groups every chance I get. I call out targets, and try for winning quick and hard, more exp for wins and high take downs. But, in the event you are out numbered, our gunned, out played: well, get over yourself. Take the loss, look for a better group, don't halt the game because of pride. Fight the good fight when you can, give it your all but don't expect cloak to be your ability to hold out as a tactic that is going to level you up or make the game enjoyable for all. Also, keeping that sort of mentality as a staple will also cause the nerf bat to come down on cloaking, which will ruin a already desperate faction.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-17-2010, 06:49 PM
My last match I earned 195 skill points on my contribution 150k damage and 100k healed... you all are doing something wrong
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
Well, with current system you can't let yourself take advantage of cloak and always wait for balance and expect to level fast. What i do is look for groups every chance I get. I call out targets, and try for winning quick and hard, more exp for wins and high take downs. But, in the event you are out numbered, our gunned, out played: well, get over yourself. Take the loss, look for a better group, don't halt the game because of pride. Fight the good fight when you can, give it your all but don't expect cloak to be your ability to hold out as a tactic that is going to level you up or make the game enjoyable for all. Also, keeping that sort of mentality as a staple will also cause the nerf bat to come down on cloaking, which will ruin a already desperate faction.
Yeah, all of that sounds like a great deal for the feds, I dont see that klingons get anything out of it. Im not going to run myself into a full group fifteen times, thats not even a loss, thats just retarded. Hanging around cloaked waiting for your team to fill out is not halting the game, without a full team there is no game to halt.
Lt. Commander
# 36 lvling
02-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgery
Not enough exp....? I don't know but leveling on STO, in my opinion, is way too fast and easy. Got my Klingon to Brigadier General (Admiral) in a week and a half.

I guess my viewpoint is skewed though, because I'm used to playing hardcore Korean MMOs thar aren't geared for the casual American audience.
i agree. I've been playing since the game came out. the level pace is pretty good in my opinion. I leveled to the top after about 2-3 weeks. pvp is easiest if your doing the salvage operation because 7/10 chances you'll end up in one thats almost done. and they take 7 minutes tops(unless both sides are really aggressive which can then take longer.) XD for those complaining...i dont think you have played very many mmo's or atleast not when they released. For example lvling on wow from 1-60 before the patch buffed lvl xp and what not took forever! If your coming from wrath of the lich king... welcome back to a slower pace. its just how it is and it is just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-27-2010, 10:10 AM
I have a T5 kling and a t3 kling which I made after the so called xp nerf, leveling has been smooth... Unfortunately it requires a lot of cracked and solar matches.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-27-2010, 10:41 AM
This whole thread is amusing.
Amusing cause I levelled my Klingon in the recent week(s). I have had the longest time bweten level to be at 2 hours and 20 minutes. Thats goin for cracked planetoid all the time.

I do not feel it is such a hardship except for the last level before promotion, they always seems to last forever but its worth it when you finally get the promotion.

Do as I did, start making statistics on how long it takes for you to level. Challenge yourself to do it faster. PvP a lot and do your best to top dps cause skill pts are vary varying from bottom 135 to top 180.

It is fine now as it is and if ppl feel its taking to long...or to short...then its up to them, for myself thats tried several mmo's, I am satisfied with the effort it takes to get to BG and then sit back and enjoy the last few levels...and dailies...

So...challenge yourself, have you done fast enough today? The fastest I done a level is 1 hour and 10 minutes and I count myself slow...can you do better...?