Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-16-2010, 12:45 PM
There will be lens flares coming off reflections on Picard's bald spot
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Yes, but Kirk and the gand meet later on, not as soon as they did with the new movie. Plus you have Spock not intune with his Vulcan side, and showing more emotions.

With the events of the time shift, and with the events of Nero in Klingon space. I am sure the Romulan high command will take advantage of this, and move against the Klingons like it was said. The Federation might move to help the Klingons, but with them losing a few ships of their own, they might just secure the boarder between the two.

But that's in Kirk's time, in the TNG we might see the end game with between the Klingons and Romulans. Maybe the Cardassins help the Klingons, and form a new alliance.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-16-2010, 12:51 PM
No way of know since we don't know if there will be an Enterprise-A and so on. If I understood how large this Enterprise is corectly, a Galaxy-Class could be 2x-3x the size as the TNG-era Galaxies.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-16-2010, 12:51 PM
wouldnt care to see it didnt like what JJ did whit the time line like a lil kid whit a toy did what he wonted whit no regards to past star trek
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
wouldnt care to see it didnt like what JJ did whit the time line like a lil kid whit a toy did what he wonted whit no regards to past star trek
Ummm...that was the whole point of the reboot.

Don't forget CBS had to okay what he did, so there is blame enough to go around for those that didn't like it.

Personally I loved the new movie and am looking forward to 2012, and I have been a TrekkIE (not one of those whippersnapper TrekkERs) since the I first saw the TOS when I was but a wee little 'duck.

Lt. Commander
# 16
02-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
Ummm...that was the whole point of the reboot.

Don't forget CBS had to okay what he did, so there is blame enough to go around for those that didn't like it.

Personally I loved the new movie and am looking forward to 2012, and I have been a TrekkIE (not one of those whippersnapper TrekkERs) since the I first saw the TOS when I was but a wee little 'duck.

if JJ doin it i wait for the DVD to see it only thing that was good about the movie was the look of it story was not to my likeing and i know there alot feel the same way
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Since the uniforms in TOS were slightly less colorful than they were in the time of TNG, and since the 2009 movie was a little greyer than the 1969 series, it should be safe to assume that the sets and costumes would be way more colorful than we remember.

The women would run about in much rosier makeup, the men would perhaps be striped in iridescants and pastels.

The NewTrek was more in-your-face sexual than the original, and so too should be TNG. Expect Picard to wear a skirt and have some really impressive curves. You'd still hear the same voice and see the same bald head, though. Just with longer lashes, a flouncing walk, and a saccharine smile. There'd probably be a running joke about Riker and Crusher competing to find out just what Picard has under there. Both would protest too much.

When confronted directly about it, Picard would probably practically spit, "I beg your pardon?" before tugging the top of the uniform taught, leaving little to the imagination as to what is going on in the chest. Shirt straightened, there would be a change to a softer, more diplomatic tone, and a suggestion of, "Perhaps we should first come to an agreement on what should be down there."

Beyond wardrobe and cosmetic challenges, more effort would be put into the musical score. Given some combination of the above, there should be Klingons doing piruettes and curtsies, yowling in Klingonese in perfect time and dissonant pitch with a grinding industrial soundtrack. To make sure things are grittier and more real, they'd be smoking cigarettes while trilling in soprano underneath discoballs and pulsing lights.

Then starfleet would show up. Jeanne-Luce Picard and the rest of the cast from The Fast and The Furious, alternatively making out with the Klingons and then telling them that they don't have the drive to drive, dawg.

And then things would oh snap, targs would reverberate from the bellies of peace, Accord Ryan would replace his bagpipes with polka dots and there would stream into the noses of ink factory workers the new ideals of jet-propelled mulchmonsters. Things would explode everywhere while everyone is tralalaing and punching and dancing and climaxing together and being transformed into beings of pure light. The Q continuum would roll off the skin like an ooze that you don't want to identify, and all the corrupt admirals of Starfleet would start trying to cave in their skulls with the one thing that can be said to frame the whole of human experience:

Cheese.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
if JJ doin it i wait for the DVD to see it only thing that was good about the movie was the look of it story was not to my likeing and i know there alot feel the same way
There are a lot of people that feel both ways about it. That is a given.

But it made enough to have a sequel made, so I guess they did something right.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpfisher
Since the uniforms in TOS were slightly less colorful than they were in the time of TNG, and since the 2009 movie was a little greyer than the 1969 series, it should be safe to assume that the sets and costumes would be way more colorful than we remember.

The women would run about in much rosier makeup, the men would perhaps be striped in iridescants and pastels.

The NewTrek was more in-your-face sexual than the original, and so too should be TNG. Expect Picard to wear a skirt and have some really impressive curves. You'd still hear the same voice and see the same bald head, though. Just with longer lashes, a flouncing walk, and a saccharine smile. There'd probably be a running joke about Riker and Crusher competing to find out just what Picard has under there. Both would protest too much.

When confronted directly about it, Picard would probably practically spit, "I beg your pardon?" before tugging the top of the uniform taught, leaving little to the imagination as to what is going on in the chest. Shirt straightened, there would be a change to a softer, more diplomatic tone, and a suggestion of, "Perhaps we should first come to an agreement on what should be down there."

Beyond wardrobe and cosmetic challenges, more effort would be put into the musical score. Given some combination of the above, there should be Klingons doing piruettes and curtsies, yowling in Klingonese in perfect time and dissonant pitch with a grinding industrial soundtrack. To make sure things are grittier and more real, they'd be smoking cigarettes while trilling in soprano underneath discoballs and pulsing lights.

Then starfleet would show up. Jeanne-Luce Picard and the rest of the cast from The Fast and The Furious, alternatively making out with the Klingons and then telling them that they don't have the drive to drive, dawg.

And then things would oh snap, targs would reverberate from the bellies of peace, Accord Ryan would replace his bagpipes with polka dots and there would stream into the noses of ink factory workers the new ideals of jet-propelled mulchmonsters. Things would explode everywhere while everyone is tralalaing and punching and dancing and climaxing together and being transformed into beings of pure light. The Q continuum would roll off the skin like an ooze that you don't want to identify, and all the corrupt admirals of Starfleet would start trying to cave in their skulls with the one thing that can be said to frame the whole of human experience:

Cheese.
Wow, you need to pass some of that around man.

Lt. Commander
# 20
02-16-2010, 01:52 PM
1.The destruction of 47 Klingon warships would doing noting to Klingon Empire who has Thousands of ships.

2.A Klingon-Romulan war noting new.

3.Less Advanced technology in some area and less Advanced teleport technology.