Lt. Commander
# 91
02-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
You're no doubt going to be flamed for "rushing" and "powergaming" by people who didn't read your whole post, so to balance it out I'll just say it: Yes, that's it. Most MMOs launch with 200+ hours of content, this one launched with 80.

Now you get to wait until the upcoming content patch, which is conveniently going live after the next billing period.
And here we have yet another Cryptic tactic. Dangle the carrot and keep it JUST out of reach, until the donkeys pay for it. Then they realize that it's rotten. Ah well, they'll forget soon enough and Cryptic will simply rinse and repeat for next billing period...
Lt. Commander
# 92
02-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey45
And here we have yet another Cryptic tactic. Dangle the carrot and keep it JUST out of reach, until the donkeys pay for it. Then they realize that it's rotten. Ah well, they'll forget soon enough and Cryptic will simply rinse and repeat for next billing period...
That plan didnt work out for them to well with CO..............
Lt. Commander
# 93
02-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanNYGUARD View Post
WOW... dude no offense but thats your fault. I have about 51 hrs into the game (Most time I ever put into a game in 2 weeks). While playing I do a little of all. Main Missions, then go to starbase work on exchange, sorting through inventory, skill updates, Back out to do PvP, Then patrol missions, maybe exploration missions... that fills up my day and Im only a Lt. Cmdr 8 ... so the way I figure I will ALWAYS have content to play.
Id really like to know what you do all the time ingame. I played 53 hrs and i am Captain 9, im nearly through. Granted i dont do any pvp but aside from that i just did the normal missions...

i think that most players except the super casuals and hardcore reroller will get to admiral in their free month.
Lt. Commander
# 94
02-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yriel
Id really like to know what you do all the time ingame. I played 53 hrs and i am Captain 9, im nearly through. Granted i dont do any pvp but aside from that i just did the normal missions...

i think that most players except the super casuals and hardcore reroller will get to admiral in their free month.
Bout the same thing I did. I have that many hours to be a Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 95
02-16-2010, 03:47 PM
I thought it pretty odd that the first extra content that they did release was for level 47+. Sure, you'll have those power games that will find the quickest route to cap, and you need something to keep them amuzed, sure, but if you had more content along the way, maybe lowered the XP payout a tad so that you needed to do more to level, then you wouldn't have this problem.

If they're releasing new content it should be for A) the Klingons or B) for mid level ranges. Don't give us more to do at our desitnation, just make the journey longer (and more enjoyable).

And while doing so, please limit our reliance on patrol missions. :p
Lt. Commander
# 96
02-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
That just means you've been playing for 1/3rd or 33% of those 18 days, which works out at 8 hours per day.

Yeah, conveniently just after the next billing period. If I had finished already I'd be damned if I would pay another month up front just to wait for more content, the game already launched with much less content than average.
I wonder if that would pay for enough. I mean. I am just trying to be realistic here, but there's no way that would work out for a good business model to approach things that way.

15.99 times however many users! YES! No wait, so many of them already bought the lifetime. Plus, if you get content included with your 15.99 a month fee, then why are you complaining? You want it for free with the box?

I think some people are just **** poor babies who are used to being waited on hand and foot, or suffer from the same retardation of the modern housewife who can't find product in a super market because the sign for it is a different color than the last time.
Lt. Commander
# 97
02-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
15.99 times however many users! YES! No wait, so many of them already bought the lifetime. Plus, if you get content included with your 15.99 a month fee, then why are you complaining? You want it for free with the box?
I don't know where you bought your box, but mine was not Free. ..It cost as must as most non-online games. Dragon Age had a Metric Ton of content and with the replayability of the game, it would take you longer the 18 days to see all the content. And it all came "for free with the box" and I then paided $7 buck (not $15.99) for additional content.

Obstinate Fanboi is obstinate

Xid
Lt. Commander
# 98
02-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
You're no doubt going to be flamed for "rushing" and "powergaming" by people who didn't read your whole post, so to balance it out I'll just say it: Yes, that's it. Most MMOs launch with 200+ hours of content, this one launched with 80.

Now you get to wait until the upcoming content patch, which is conveniently going live after the next billing period.
I hadn't even considered that the content patch was coming rather far into the next billing cycle... yikes.
Lt. Commander
# 99
02-16-2010, 05:01 PM
There is a reason many folks are saying....what, is that it ?
along with a die hard group saying...this is normal (it isn't) , just wait..more is comming
I PROMISE.

The what, is this it group are...MMO gamers
The more comming group are trekies

a lot of trekies have zero clue how much content a MMO should have at launch,
they only know that this is star trek and needs to be defended at all costs.

so expect trekies to attack any posting critical of the game, basically...how dare
you attack my private fantasy?
Lt. Commander
# 100
02-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seupsut View Post
I thought it pretty odd that the first extra content that they did release was for level 47+. Sure, you'll have those power games that will find the quickest route to cap, and you need something to keep them amuzed, sure, but if you had more content along the way, maybe lowered the XP payout a tad so that you needed to do more to level, then you wouldn't have this problem.

If they're releasing new content it should be for A) the Klingons or B) for mid level ranges. Don't give us more to do at our desitnation, just make the journey longer (and more enjoyable).

And while doing so, please limit our reliance on patrol missions. :p
Content is being worked on by teams, who have different levels of problems facing them. Like most games that roll out agile, it comes out when it comes out because that was when it passed basic testing and QA,