Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevok View Post
I get my math from... math.

If your /played time is 6 days, the game is telling you you've played for 144 total hours. 6 x 24 = 144. If you played for 3 hours every real life day, you would reach 144 hours played in 48 days. The game has not been out for 48 days, therefore, you played more than 3 hours per real life day.
A very logical summation.

edited: typo
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleunit View Post
I must just be slow. I would say he did rush and this game shipped with 150 hours, since it will take me 200 to reach RA with my first alt.
The game didn't ship with 150 hours content, the devs have said themselves in interviews that the game has 80 hours of content and that's a directly quoted figure. Granted, you should only be finished by now if you play 8+ hours a day like the OP, but he's actually been much slower than the devs expected.

You'd expect the game to last more than half the first free month even for people who play 8 hours per day.

I'll be nowhere near finished any time soon myself, but that's because I don't even feel like playing lately.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
I came into this thread for the end game whine, but I left with a math lesson.
best post of the day award!

hehe
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevok View Post

I miss being able to play MMOs for 8+ hours a day.

I wish i had other things to keep me going in my spare time but meh I got bored of wow and to that other guy 200 hours in 18 days to get to Ra5? O_o you played more then me
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Q
I wish i had other things to keep me going in my spare time
I have job, and a wife.

Heh. Of course, I had both of those things "back then" when I played MMOs more heavily - but she played alongside me then.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
PVE? ive done it all all i can do is the patrol the sector, or the explore missions or the ONLY daily sigh

So my current played time is

6 days 40 mins

144 hours? That's about how long it took me to do all the non-Raid content in Wrath of the Lich King when it came out in WoW.

144 hours / $60 = good deal, IMHO.

Especially as it's a fact more and more content will always come.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
The game didn't ship with 150 hours content, the devs have said themselves in interviews that the game has 80 hours of content and that's a directly quoted figure. Granted, you should only be finished by now if you play 8+ hours a day like the OP, but he's actually been much slower than the devs expected.

You'd expect the game to last more than half the first free month even for people who play 8 hours per day.

I'll be nowhere near finished any time soon myself, but that's because I don't even feel like playing lately.
Well i guess the real concern is if i can max out all 3 toon slkots b4 the free month ends
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Now you get to wait until the upcoming content patch, which is conveniently going live after the next billing period.

wow, I didn't even think about that.. they're such godamn moneygrubbers it's unbelieveable
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:
The game didn't ship with 150 hours content, the devs have said themselves in interviews that the game has 80 hours of content and that's a directly quoted figure. Granted, you should only be finished by now if you play 8+ hours a day like the OP, but you'd expect the game to last even people like that more than half the first free month.

The bluntest truth. Scaling a MMO content for casual play is like hiding sexual content on a mainstream game that can be enabled by a mod called Hot Coffee. You simply don't, it's a bad decision.

Calling the average MMO player "casual", especially for a IP like Star Trek is.... is..... God, i don't even have a word for it..
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Well i guess the real concern is if i can max out all 3 toon slkots b4 the free month ends
Now you know how the missions play out etc. I bet you could speedrun the game pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
The bluntest truth. Scaling a MMO content for casual play is like hiding sexual content on a mainstream game that can be enabled by a mod called Hot Coffee. You simply don't, it's a bad decision.

Calling the average MMO player "casual", especially for a IP like Star Trek is.... is..... God, i don't even have a word for it..
Personally I don't know why even casual players would want to finish an MMO in 80 hours. lol.