Lt. Commander
# 31
02-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
wow, I didn't even think about that.. they're such godamn moneygrubbers it's unbelieveable
Yes, imagine that, a Corporation wants to make a profit. Amazing revelation!
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-16-2010, 10:11 AM
To be clear also, it's been 17 days since Head Start Day 1, assuming you were in from the first minute.

Now, we had about 33% downtime (give or take) that headstart weekend from Jan 28-31. So let's call it 16 days the game has been out.

144 / 16 = 9 hours a day of playtime.

That's not even vaguely normal nor is it the median that ANY developer should cater to. You're the far end of the uber leet spectrum (the polite way to say something).
Lt. Commander
# 33
the 50-80 hours content are really not enough, no question about that. there is also a huge issue with the balancing of klingons and feds.... you are leveling A LOT slower as a klingon... so there is not much pvp going on in the high lvls either... i am fine with the klingon pace, the fed xp rate is too high though.
if you cant offer enough content, stretch it....

that said, first raid content is coming out next thursday.
Lt. Commander
# 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilag
144 hours? That's about how long it took me to do all the non-Raid content in Wrath of the Lich King when it came out in WoW.

144 hours / $60 = good deal, IMHO.

Especially as it's a fact more and more content will always come.
Dude, you did WoTK in 144 hours. WoTK is an expansion pack.

Hmm.. There you go then..

Cryptic has released an expansion pack before they released the game itself :p
Lt. Commander
# 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Q
I wish i had other things to keep me going in my spare time but meh I got bored of wow and to that other guy 200 hours in 18 days to get to Ra5? O_o you played more then me
Um try socializing? Fleet chat, group chat and enjoying the missions has me at lvl 12 with 2 of my characters, and on that is a 15. If I hadn't made the other lvl 12 character my main would likely be around 22 or so. Smell the roses, dance on the alien planets, socialize on a bridge or in Quark's. More to life than hitting Cap.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
Now you know how the missions play out etc. I bet you could speedrun the game pretty well.
hehe you know your right, when i was the lvl for the mission of the city of the edge of never blew through that with a freind in 10 mins flat because we were tired and i had allready done it and have helped so many fleet mates through it lol

and that was the whole mission
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-16-2010, 10:15 AM
You need to travel to Earth, find the creator and join with him. Good look V'ger.

(sorry).
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Um try socializing? Fleet chat, group chat and enjoying the missions has me at lvl 12 with 2 of my characters, and on that is a 15. If I hadn't made the other lvl 12 character my main would likely be around 22 or so. Smell the roses, dance on the alien planets, socialize on a bridge or in Quark's. More to life than hitting Cap.
I'm not being funny but the lack of social activity in this game is exactly one of the reasons that, in recent days, I spend a couple of hours a day on the forums and 0 minutes a day on the game itself.

I've been all over and found absolutely no social interaction in the game world. Granted, I am not a member of a fleet, but sitting in space spamming guild chat is no different from sitting in space spamming zone chat.

Let's face it, zone chat is the only "massively multiplayer" or social aspect of this game.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
I'm not being funny but the lack of social activity in this game is exactly one of the reasons that, in recent days, I spend a couple of hours a day on the forums and 0 minutes a day on the game itself.

I've been all over and found absolutely no social interaction in the game world. Granted, I am not a member of a fleet, but sitting in space spamming guild chat is no different from sitting in space spamming zone chat.

Let's face it, zone chat is the only "massively multiplayer" or social aspect of this game.
you know hes right zone chat is just endless spam and enless you have a good group of long term freinds to chat with in game or over vent it feels solo to me, heck even when doing the patrol missions and you get others to join you on random. they dunt talk to each other its just bam lets do this and be done. and then they just leave and dunt say a word in team chat and that kinda blows but hey there are a few that talk in team chat but very very few.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Q
you know hes right zone chat is just endless spam and enless you have a good group of long term freinds to chat with in game or over vent it feels solo to me, heck even when doing the patrol missions and you get others to join you on random. they dunt talk to each other its just bam lets do this and be done. and then they just leave and dunt say a word in team chat and that kinda blows but hey there are a few that talk in team chat but very very few.
That's just it. The auto-group missions in this game feel like cross-server dungeons in WoW, you get lumped with people you don't know and they're not interested in talking to anybody while they get their emblems, loot or whatever.

I'd group up with some friends and go do some missions together, but guess what, every time I try to talk to someone in this game they act like their ship or character is being controlled by some kind of a bot. I hang around in the so called social hubs but if I do see another player they have already rushed through the area to get to their mission NPC, like a fly to a turd, and are gone before I can say anything. So the only thing that remains is to enjoy the Barre-, I mean zone chat.