Lt. Commander
# 41
02-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Q
you know hes right zone chat is just endless spam and enless you have a good group of long term freinds to chat with in game or over vent it feels solo to me, heck even when doing the patrol missions and you get others to join you on random. they dunt talk to each other its just bam lets do this and be done. and then they just leave and dunt say a word in team chat and that kinda blows but hey there are a few that talk in team chat but very very few.
I did originally always say Hello to people in open teaming and try to start a bit of chat. However, I gave up when no one ever replied, I understand everyone wants to get the mission done, but some kind of acknowledgement you are actually in a team would be nice. Perhaps, to discuss tactics even. I don't want to discuss the latest in depth analysis of the economy, but some friendly chat whilst teaming surely isn't too much to ask. This is an MMO afterall.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
That's just it. The auto-group missions in this game feel like cross-server dungeons in WoW, you get lumped with people you don't know and they're not interested in talking to anybody while they get their emblems, loot or whatever.

I'd group up with some friends and go do some missions together, but guess what, every time I try to talk to someone in this game they act like their ship or character is being controlled by some kind of a bot. I hang around in the so called social hubs but if I do see another player they have already rushed through the area to get to their mission NPC, like a fly to a turd, and are gone before I can say anything.
vent ftw, we only use the ingame chat for rping and the delay we all get sometimes in the chat is god awful
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordy38
I did originally always say Hello to people in open teaming and try to start a bit of chat. However, I gave up when no one ever replied,
Same. I miss EQ1 days, when people were actually friendly in groups.

I'm still friends, offline, with about a dozen folks from back then.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordy38
I did originally always say Hello to people in open teaming and try to start a bit of chat. However, I gave up when no one ever replied, I understand everyone wants to get the mission done, but some kind of acknowledgement you are actually in a team would be nice. Perhaps, to discuss tactics even. I don't want to discuss the latest in depth analysis of the economy, but some friendly chat whilst teaming surely isn't too much to ask. This is an MMO afterall.
Yeah I always say "hey guys" in team if I get auto-grouped with people, but 90% of the time I get silence.

I guess somebody is jamming all radio and subspace communications in the Star Trek Online galaxy.

Quote:
vent ftw, we only use the ingame chat for rping and the delay we all get sometimes in the chat is god awful
I might get on vent at some point, always have a laugh on there in other games.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
Yeah I always say "hey guys" in team if I get auto-grouped with people, but 90% of the time I get silence.

I guess somebody is jamming all radio and subspace communications in the Star Trek Online galaxy.

I might get on vent at some point, always have a laugh on there in other games.
You seem like a good person, if you ever need a good fleet to call home hit me up in game

but for now all the problems or lack of content etc just have to deal with it. This is the 1st andonly mmo for star trek and no matter how bad it gets i dunt think i can move my slef to leave it >.<
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
you know hes right zone chat is just endless spam and enless you have a good group of long term freinds to chat with in game or over vent it feels solo to me, heck even when doing the patrol missions and you get others to join you on random. they dunt talk to each other its just bam lets do this and be done. and then they just leave and dunt say a word in team chat and that kinda blows but hey there are a few that talk in team chat but very very few.
Turn off zone chat and use only local.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleunit View Post
Turn off zone chat and use only local.
no one uses local , even in sector space around sol in local i go

"hi guys whats up?"

Its like they dont understand english or dunt no how to respond or just dunt care
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
dont understand english
Quote:
dunt no how to respond or just dunt care
I'm just sayin'...
Lt. Commander
# 49
Quote:
So i just hit RA 5 and got my 1st epic anti poloran beam array just now >.<
Went through ALL current pvp/PVe missions, read all the mission lines, The one with Q brilliant. and we found out the real reason that the rom's home world got destoryed. but...

Now what?

Ive done everything im sick of the pvp, Its just to reaptive and gets to be a bore real fast sigh
PVE? ive done it all all i can do is the patrol the sector, or the explore missions or the ONLY daily sigh

So my current played time is

6 days 40 mins

The game with headstart came out jan 29th

Thats 3 hours a day O_o in less then 3 weeks im max and out of things to do? lol,

Shame I love this game to danm much to quit and my fleet mates are awsome to boot so yeah ill just have to wait now for more things to do and lvl an alt, and breed tribbles and play with the ship customization till more content comes out
]

But really? 18 days and im max lvl and ive done everything lol
ummm... as of today, that would equal a little over 8 hours a day for the past 18 days....

6 x 24 = 144, Jan 29 was 18 days ago = 8hrs a day (not counting the 40 min)... Got a job?? lol
Lt. Commander
# 50
If you play for 8 hours a day I have no sympathy for you. As has been said many times before there will never be enough content to satisfy people who play this much.