Lt. Commander
# 51
02-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Q
no one uses local , even in sector space around sol in local i go

"hi guys whats up?"

Its like they dont understand english or dunt no how to respond or just dunt care
Because you are not setting up RP. It is sort of like going into a MUD and trying chat in the road between two cities, everyone is going from one place to the next on their business. The good RP fleets all set time / place for their chats.

However, I get into 6 or 8 conversations a session, and have no problem with it.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Q
You seem like a good person, if you ever need a good fleet to call home hit me up in game

but for now all the problems or lack of content etc just have to deal with it. This is the 1st andonly mmo for star trek and no matter how bad it gets i dunt think i can move my slef to leave it >.<
Thanks for the offer friend. I was considering joining a fleet as guilds always make MMOs more interesting, I just didn't want to commit to one knowing I might well not be here next month.

Add me to your friends list or something though and I'll get in touch next time I'm in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan121 View Post
If you play for 8 hours a day I have no sympathy for you. As has been said many times before there will never be enough content to satisfy people who play this much.
Yeah, the OP did 80 hours of content (devs' words) in 144 hours. He should be ashamed.

Even if he does have a lot of free time to play, which he has acknowledged, he's still done it more slowly than Cryptic devs have expected people to do it so there's no excuse for being fresh out in 18 days.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-16-2010, 09:38 AM
I switched off Zone chat ages ago too, tons of spam. Group chat is hit and miss, I have however met a few very pleasant people in pugs. Fleet of course is social at times as well. I guess it some luck mixed with good old fashion hospitality with a dash of persistence. Just don't give up, plenty of us social types out there that value an enjoyable gaming experience in the company of others over the amount of content.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-16-2010, 09:39 AM
While you spent a fair bit more than three hours a day playing this game, I do understand your concern with the game and it is a valid one. Don't blame Cryptic entirely though, they only had 2 years, if that, to make the game.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
If you play for 8 hours a day I have no sympathy for you. As has been said many times before there will never be enough content to satisfy people who play this much.
Woah harsh much? i work 6 hours a day play this from anywhere to 6-8 hours a day and sleep the rest. thats how i chose to spend my free time.

Please next time before you get harsh please read the other posts >.<
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
This much?

8 hours a day isn't a lot. Even if you work full time it can be squeezed in, but a lot of people only work part time nowadays or perhaps had a trust fund setup or got lucky in some other way and have the finances to do it, or perhaps he's a teen.

In any case, a lot in terms of video game playtime is 12+ hours a day. Not 8. That's the commonly accepted marker for competitive gamers anyhow, perhaps for you it's less if you have a full ltime job and other responsibilities too (though I don't see why anyone would want them).
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleunit View Post
Because you are not setting up RP. It is sort of like going into a MUD and trying chat in the road between two cities, everyone is going from one place to the next on their business. The good RP fleets all set time / place for their chats.

However, I get into 6 or 8 conversations a session, and have no problem with it.
Not everyone rps so i go with the genric "hi guys" and if they respond in a rp style ill rp back to them if they dunt ill talk normaly to them. its win/win If they responded at all
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-16-2010, 09:50 AM
oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, yet another thread.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackerz View Post
oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, yet another thread.
oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, yet another "oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, yet another thread" dude.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, yet another "oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, yet another thread" dude.
I loled O_o