Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCaptain View Post
Imagine!

Updated Bridge commander for space combat, imagine a cross between Mass Effect 2 and Elite Force for ground missions.

Imagine a seemless world, with pvp free for all neutral zones between all the major races where treaties don't apply.

Imagine contested zones near the netrual zones where real time pvp could of shifted the balance and moved your factions borders, glory, reputation and rewards awaiting the victor!

Imagine having interactive ICONIC locations, like Starfleet Academy, HQ or an actual real exploreable Deep Space 9 station and imagine they wasn't made for 18ft giants!

Imagine Team mate npcs that can work a door, manouver coridors and not get stuck running into things.

Imagine beaming onto a romulan base that was made by romulans and does not look like the previous 50 bases with random computers in a series of rooms, with coridors that seemingly put in for fun rather than function.

Imagine real starships, not tiny, tiny tiny model's, where bringing 3 Galaxy class startships to a battle is damm impressive site. Imagine having a deep cusomisable options, improvind hull alloys, warp cores, balancing power, can have 2 shield arrays but only 8 phaser strips would be operational instead of the full 12/14 standard on a Galaxy class.

Imagine taking your ship to Utopia shipyards and being able to walk around it, externally or at least view it in all its glory.

Imagine meeting up with people on a starbase, hooking up with a fleet, going to a holodeck and pew pew to your hearts content things like wolf 359 encounter (raid content)..this both trekkies and pew pew crord get there cake and eat it.

Imagine, content, actual content, voice acting, immersion, quality and care!

Just imagine becuase you ain't going to find it here!

all I see here is another person...blah blah compare this to that..blah..blah...It could have been better...blah blah...Join the end of the line....stop wasting our time and go play some checkers...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
OP reported for trolling, sig reported for trolling. This thread is full of win.
Though there must be some kind of priority on how the report thing goes, cause TheStreaker's been trolling since he got here, he's triolling in his sig too, AND cross posting etc, an they have yet to either close one of HIS threads OR ban him lol
Actually.... the OP's sig as it currently stands is an acurate reflection on the more common posts in threads representing the game in a negative light OR offering constructive crticisms of it. Whilst he/she may be trolling and the sig might be a half hearted bash at inciting people... it's unfortunatley acurate and fails at it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
First, reported for trolling. Second, you honestly think cryptic didnt want to do that? They were given less than 2 years to make this game, so they had to use their prebuilt engine. if they had the original 6 year development schedule, this game would have been amazing. As it stands now, it's decent, but far from perfect.
Will it become better given time? Who can say. We'll just have to wait and find out.
First apparently Cryptic is using a new engine for the game, which in itself is a bit depressing if this is the best they can do.

Second, I have seen no evidence that Cryptic wanted to create a different game, I would be interested in seeing anything from them outlining their vision for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaneshi
24 months is a lot more than 18 when it comes to QA and development. In fact, if this game had cooked for the full 24 I'm willing to bet a lot of the annoyances players complain about would of been sorted out.

However my point still stands unchallenged, it came out in 18 because of nobody or company other than Cryptic.

It's 6 months more, to be exact. And in six months, you expected them to do the code and artwork for a seamless, non-instanced, open pvp game with system control changing hands, fully interactive and explorable places from the shows, military grade artificial intelligence, unique artwork per base for random and story line missions, complete customizability for starships to the players content(including components), all artwork and coding for Utopia shipyards, functional holodecks, and full voice acting.

In 6 months.

I am calling troll.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-16-2010, 09:55 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanna
The fanboi rage in this thread brings joy to my heart.
Reported for trolling.
Lt. Commander
# 27
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Imagine!

Imagine taking your ship to Utopia shipyards and being able to walk around it, externally or at least view it in all its glory.
Utopia Planitia

sorry, trekkie in me had to correct that.
Lt. Commander
# 29 The road to happiness...
02-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Imagine!
Imagine enjoying something for what it is and what it can become rather than complaining for what it is not... Oh wait, no, that would actually lead to happiness and we can't possibly have THAT, can we now?
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-16-2010, 09:59 AM