Lt. Commander
# 1 Why am I always grinding
02-16-2010, 10:07 AM
I can deal with most of the complaints people have for this game. It is what it is but when I paid good money and all that keep happening is that I move really slowly there is a serious problem. I'm playing weekday mornings so please don't tell me too many people are on. I'm getting tired of trying to play the game and not getting anywhere. What should takes fifteen minutes takes a two hours because I'm moving so sluggish. What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1977
I can deal with most of the complaints people have for this game. It is what it is but when I paid good money and all that keep happening is that I move really slowly there is a serious problem. I'm playing weekday mornings so please don't tell me too many people are on. I'm getting tired of trying to play the game and not getting anywhere. What should takes fifteen minutes takes a two hours because I'm moving so sluggish. What gives?
wait do you mean you're ship is moving slowly, I'm sorry I'm lost.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 10:15 AM
You need to wait for Pakled's to be playable characters. They go very fast. Problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 10:17 AM
The game's not sluggish when I play in the mornings so I'm not sure what your problem might be. This seems like an issue with your rig or ISP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 10:17 AM
he said that he is moving sluggish, this mite sound like a stupid question, but do you have you're impulse engines online ( attached to the ship ) ?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1977
Sluggish? No idea what your talking about.. If you're talking about game performance, may want to check your computer to see if you meet the specs or check your bandwidth with your ISP. If you're logging onto a neighbors un-secure wireless router with your laptop to play that could be the problem.. lol. But I play during peak times normally and dont have much of a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
he said that he is moving sluggish, this mite sound like a stupid question, but do you have you're impulse engines online ( attached to the ship ) ?
Wow! I'd hope it's as simple as simply not understanding how to use the throttle and full impulse tab.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Wow! I'd hope it's as simple as simply not understanding how to use the throttle and full impulse tab.
I had this same problem in zone chat, someone was complaining that he couldn't move fact. described kind of what he is posting. no one was answering him, so I PMed him, and help him out. it turned out that his impulse drive was not installed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2010, 10:28 AM
if the frame rate is ok (not stuttering or rubber-banding) and seems to run smooth enough, then its very likely its not connection, or your rig.

check two things in game.

check your ship, make sure you have an engine in your impulse engine slot.

then check your powers, there's one in there called "full impulse" that drains all the power from other systems (weapons, shields and aux) and basically triples or more the speed you'll get from going full throttle. you can also use that ability by clicking the double arrows at the top of the throttle in the UI

if you're already doing all of that.. then something's seriously up. drop a post into the technical forums and give them information on your system as well, could be a setting or something else odd happening which people with more technical know-how could spot and help with.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2010, 10:40 AM
My guess is he has no engines equipped and he is floating from objective to objective. Either that or he is rolling with a 14.4 modem on a Packard Bell PC.