Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
This has been seen by many people.

Essentially it goes like this:

Get a BO reward mission. Accept the BO. Check its traits and powers before commissioning. Then commission them. Check the powers after. The traits and powers have changed. I've seen this. Others have. If you have, please post.

Edit:

Also, if possible, please take screen shots of the bridge officer before you claimed it, once you claimed it and also once you commissioned it, this will allow a proper comparison to be made and also assist in looking for patterns.

Please also detail what mission this happens on.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 12:13 PM
I can confirm this happens on anything green or above. I've lost Tyken's Rift III because of this, and my science officers weep.
It happens when you get a BO as a reward for any mission, of any color above white.

It's very sad.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I saw this happen on a few of mine. I tried to accept a green one from one of the random quests, it wouldn't let me because I had too many, so i got rid of one, went to go accept it again and the skills were different from the first one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I have seen this before since going Live. I thought perhaps that I misread the powers. But now that I think of it, I had not. They changed.

-Keppoch
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Yes if you "session" go leave and area or logout etc etc etc. What you get won't be whats listed from the bo person. But if you accept it before you leave the area after you level up and get your new missions its the right stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 12:42 PM
While we're at it, there's oddness about training officers. Do you have to be on the ground or something?
... and is it intended that you can't train, say HYTIII, to a BO, then trade it to someone?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
This happens to me all the time but i only started to notice it on the purple rarity ones, i have lost out on my science officers having tykens rift 3 and another rank 3 space move 4 or 5 times now because of this crappy bug.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Can confirm this too, was given a Engie Boff that had the Efficiency Space trait, after accepting the quts reward it switched to the "standard" ground trait package you see on white Boff's.

Same with skills, nearly all BOff's I received as a reward switched their skillset to the 3-4 variations you find in the personnel section at Starbase01.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Confirmed as well on the blue tactical officer I accepted yesterday. The skill set changed entirely after I accepted him into my inventory and even before I commissioned him to my crew. It's like the minute you accept the quest reward the system does some sort of random skill generation for them. I feel like I'm spinning the wheel of fortune now every time I accept a new officer.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Has anyone tested buying officers through the exchange? Do they change between purchase and commission?