Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-17-2010, 07:38 AM
PS can you confirm if this information is still accurate? A fleet mate on vent last night swore that destroying fragments with weapons fire was healing the CE. Do you know if this info has been changed by a resent patch?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sresk View Post
PS can you confirm if this information is still accurate? A fleet mate on vent last night swore that destroying fragments with weapons fire was healing the CE. Do you know if this info has been changed by a resent patch?
Sresk, I dont think anyone can confirm anything except thru observational evidence only, at least until the devs chime in on it.

In my experience shooting any frags has no effect. Mines or other object based damage may cause them to spawn smalls which will return to home and heal it. What often happens in a fight is someone will see someone else shoot a large or they will shoot a large and then see the CE get healed and infer that is what caused it. The truth is, imo, somewhere else in the fight someone was impacted by one or mine hit one and it spawned smalls and no one saw them return to the CE. Happens a lot. People never seem to attack the smalls when they spawn.

Wish the smalls were slower. That would help some.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Its accurate.
I fired a tons of shards yesterday.
Only the small returning shards healed the entity.

I guess your friend hasnīt seen the small ones

/edit: i hate the small frags, they are hard to target
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aracos View Post
Its accurate.
/edit: i hate the small frags, they are hard to target
I agree. They should be slower and a different color so they stick out better.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2010, 08:22 AM
I just spent about an hour trying to take this thing down...wut? Seriously. Wut?

The problem with the small shards was, at some point, there was always a torrent running for the CE for some reason. Even if you were positioned just right (in weapons range), had the ability to fire (because your weapons weren't recycling for once), you only had the opportunity to kill one. Maybe. The other 2+++ did reach the CE...

And even if we'd managed to bring it down (which we didn't), I would've felt little different to what I feel now: An hour wasted, and I can't get it back. Frustrated. Annoyed. They all come to mind.

And by all means, I should be feeling relaxed after playing STO, no? I definitely don't feel relaxed. I feel like punching someone. Which I won't do, by the way, but the temptation is there.

The problem is not staying alive. It's getting enough guns to fire on the small shards AND switching them back on the entity that's giving me a headache.

That said, we should be able to define a target priority list once we enter any instance. That would solve half the problem.
The other half, MAKE THEM SLOWER. Repeat, make them slower. Hell, either that, or reduce the amount they heal the CE.

The way it is now, I can't see myself doing that mission even as an admiral. Why would I? To get it out of my mission log?

Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice? (that I can ignore, to quote an infamous expression in the German military)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2010, 08:36 AM
antagonist99, I like your ideas. How about being able to set an autotarget and autofire list per weapon. Id LOVE to be able to set my forward and primary rear phasers on the CE while my secondary phaser and torpedo launchers can auto target any frags running around and shoot until dead. and each weapon can fire independently. If we could do this it could help out some, I think.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Right now, the fragments are packed so thick, you can't even see the small ones...and if you see them, you can't really be sure you're locked on the right one because you don't have enough time to look around on your screen. You just spray and pray, essentially.

And if you've hit the wrong target, it's game over.

Personally, I wouldn't want to play the fleet action if it's substantially longer than 30-60 minutes. I've seen 3 hours thrown around for the suggested time an experienced fleet should need. 3 hours is the amount of time I may or may not be able to play on an evening. Once I'm with the military again. So no, I don't want to have to slog through 3 hours of unfun there.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Antagonist99, Ive done this one, no joke, SIX HOURS one night. At about 130 in the morning I decided to just give up.

Either way the rewards need to reflect the appx time invested. Some fleet actions should take a couple hours just for the challenge and the endurance, for those who want it. Im not sure if this one should at only leve LC6 though. Clearly we need more fleet actions though
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanid
Antagonist99, Ive done this one, no joke, SIX HOURS one night. At about 130 in the morning I decided to just give up.

Either way the rewards need to reflect the appx time invested. Some fleet actions should take a couple hours just for the challenge and the endurance, for those who want it. Im not sure if this one should at only leve LC6 though. Clearly we need more fleet actions though
...six...(6)...hours......?

Dear lord, I need a drink to settle my nerves.

No game should make you work for anything. That's what your job's there for.

That break did me a world of good, BTW. Now I even have the urge to get back into the game. But I'm gonna stay the hell away from the CE...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Ill try it again at commander level maybe when I reach it, but agree staying clear of it until its adjusted.