Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Klingons are cool...
08-14-2014, 04:08 AM
So, I've got a lvl 50 Fed and Rom (Both Tac), got most of the ships, in a good fleet but never really had an urge to try a Klingon toon, until now.

I thought while I'm waiting for DR to be released, I'd go Klingon, more specifically a Eng KDF.

It's GREAT! I'm really enjoying it, only invested about 90 mins, so I'm only on lvl 7 but so far:

I've killed my annoying Captain
Punched a screaming Ferengi (That was hilarious!)
Got a pet dog (Targ)

And the women seem hotter....but that could just be me being weird...

Klingons are cool, it's official!

Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-14-2014, 04:13 AM
Indeed they are, I have a lot of fun playing my Klingons as well. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself on the red side.

Just for the record - the pet you got is a combat Jackal Mastiff, while you can get a non-combat pet Targ by purchasing it from the C-Store or from the exchange.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?

Join the Klingon Empire. Glory awaits!
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-14-2014, 06:21 AM
Basically what a small group of us have been saying for years.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 4
08-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Those that don't play at least one KDF character are really missing out. The Fek'Ihri story arc is one of the best in the whole game.
It's not "J.J. Trek". It's "Star Trek". Get it right, fanbois.

The so-called "Abramsverse" is part of Star Trek lore now, like it or not.

I Support Playable Jupiter and Typhoon Class Starships!
Career Officer
# 5
08-14-2014, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldravenman3025 View Post
Those that don't play at least one KDF character are really missing out. The Fek'Ihri story arc is one of the best in the whole game.
Well, you don't get to storm hell and kill Satan in the Fed and Rom storylines, that's for sure. Extra cool points if you have a Tac and use a melee kit to punch and kick him to death without using a fancy energy weapons.
Join Unrepentant!
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-14-2014, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rearll View Post
So, I've got a lvl 50 Fed and Rom (Both Tac), got most of the ships, in a good fleet but never really had an urge to try a Klingon toon, until now.

I thought while I'm waiting for DR to be released, I'd go Klingon, more specifically a Eng KDF.

It's GREAT! I'm really enjoying it, only invested about 90 mins, so I'm only on lvl 7 but so far:

Got a pet dog (Targ)

Yeah...it was.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Captain
# 7
08-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rearll View Post

Got a pet dog (Targ)

Hey, your probably a closet machoist. Not here to judge bud.

Klingons are the black people of STO, I do not want to get into that. Wow...everything I was going to type sounds racist but is true...moving on
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Rihannsu
# 8
08-14-2014, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldravenman3025 View Post
The Roms have some good stories too, but i really wish my kdf aligned Roms could have run the Fek'Ihri arc, it is a truly awesome story.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
Captain
# 9
08-14-2014, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I like the KDF faction a lot. Got a Tactical (flies BoPs) and an Engineer (flies cruisers).

Too bad this faction simply ignored by the vast majority of the STO community. I recommend you actually play the KDF faction instead of simply being one of the many Klingon Farmers out there who's only interest is farming for dilithium.

The KDF stands for Klingon Defense Force.

KDF does not mean Klingon Dilithium Farmer.
Empire Veteran
# 10
08-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
Well, you don't get to storm hell and kill Satan in the Fed and Rom storylines, that's for sure. Extra cool points if you have a Tac and use a melee kit to punch and kick him to death without using a fancy energy weapons.
Now that you're talking about the Fekh'lri it just comes to my mind that they could very well be the new fleet that is attacking the Delta Quadrant. We have no idea where they went to after the last Fekh'lri mission. It's obvious they're related to the Iconians somehow.