Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 316
# 11
08-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seannewboy View Post
The Roms have some good stories too, but i really wish my kdf aligned Roms could have run the Fek'Ihri arc, it is a truly awesome story.
I'm actually torn between my Romulan and Klingon characters right now. Just can't decide which one I like more. I love the Mogh battlecruiser. But I also love my Fleet T'varo and D'Deridex...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,587
# 12
08-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I'd like to make a note as well of the various species you can play on the KDF side being rather fun on the ground.

Klingons are of course just classic by themselves. Orions can use Seduce (a Confuse ability). Letheans have Rapture built in (an Exploit psionic attack that can sometimes give an unresistable stun) and can use Telekinesis if you want. Gorn have their powerful Bite attack. If you spend Zen, you can also get a Ferasan.

They might not be the most 'optimal' way of playing on the ground, but it is fun.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 142
# 13
08-14-2014, 12:14 PM
I had started a few KDF alts over my time in the game but never could get into them. I finally committed to creating an alt I would like. So I now have a Lethean scientist, with a mostly Naussican senior staff, who will be soon flying a Gorn ship. I think that is all kinds of absurd there, but it is great.

My only disappointment is the Klingon specific story is so short. Overall it is very well done, but I think there are a few stinkers there. The big bummer is having to repeat content you've already done a few times too many before.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,184
# 14
08-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Congratulations! Welcome to the world of awesomeness, I have a gorn, ferasan and alien ( which I made into a Deferi ) & I love the kdf side.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,714
# 15
08-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I'd like to make a note as well of the various species you can play on the KDF side being rather fun on the ground.

Klingons are of course just classic by themselves. Orions can use Seduce (a Confuse ability). Letheans have Rapture built in (an Exploit psionic attack that can sometimes give an unresistable stun) and can use Telekinesis if you want. Gorn have their powerful Bite attack. If you spend Zen, you can also get a Ferasan.

They might not be the most 'optimal' way of playing on the ground, but it is fun.
You forgot the Nausicaans. They also get a nice melee & damage bonus on ground and are the only KDF species with a space trait.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 656
# 16
08-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
You forgot the Nausicaans. They also get a nice melee & damage bonus on ground and are the only KDF species with a space trait.
Letheans have one, too
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,714
# 17
08-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
Letheans have one, too
Oh yeah, the 'efficient'. My bad.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 46
# 18
08-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
You forgot the Nausicaans. They also get a nice melee & damage bonus on ground and are the only KDF species with a space trait.
What he meant was the only *useful* KDF space trait available ... after all, who needs "Efficient" when you have the Plasmonic Leech?



just sayin'

Last edited by valastsarran; 08-14-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 134
# 19
08-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trygvar13 View Post
Now that you're talking about the Fekh'lri it just comes to my mind that they could very well be the new fleet that is attacking the Delta Quadrant. We have no idea where they went to after the last Fekh'lri mission. It's obvious they're related to the Iconians somehow.
Would be intresting, although they may be the Hergh also from Klingon lore. I dour either though.
I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,300
# 20
08-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seannewboy View Post
The Roms have some good stories too, but i really wish my kdf aligned Roms could have run the Fek'Ihri arc, it is a truly awesome story.
They can. You won't get the Bat'leth but you can ask a KDF to launch the mission and you join it. They leave and you can continue it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 PM.