Lt. Commander
So, as of lately I have noticed quite a few things in ground based PvP. First off, one of the only 4 traits I picked was the Telekenetic Knock back ability. This WAS very handy in combat to allow me to get away some times. It bought me just enough time to get around a corner, or knock them down or away from a door so they couldn't escape. Now it barely knocks them down on half of the attemps and as little effect. So this trait is in effectively USELESS. I have seen people charging at me get hit with my stun gun, and a knock back and STILL keep coming, unfazed at all moving at the same pace. This is a bit confusing and upsetting.

Ok fine, nerf knockback so I wasted on of my four valueable traits. This brings me to Stealth! I have all the skill points you can put into stealth, and a decent Captain's grade kit. Granted I would assume if you are within 10m maybe there is a skill roll check. Okay fine. But from what I remember of character creation I think all you get is like 20% Stealthsight and perhaps there is some gear as well. But I would imagine if I had MAX Stealth Skill I would at least have a CHANCE of not getting spotted EVERY time I am in range. It feels almost USELESS now. I can't sneak up, I can't use it to get away. Ok fine, I have to pick a NEW kit to play as stealth isn't useful at all. But I spent all these points in Stealth so I am FORCED to use it. With no RESPEC option you have in essence BROKE the game for me. Most of my skills are around tactical skills, but mostly for assault stealth work. Hooray I get to use the minor tactical debuff as my ONLY special "attack" now, hooray...

How can you go and start nerfing the game without offering a RESPEC option. My primary tactic was Stealth flank attacks, and now they rarely work as I almost always get spotted. I can understand if someone is close, but usually by the other teams movements I can assume they saw me coming from 100m away sometimes. I think it isn't so much that Stealth is broke as that the Line of Sight is still broken. It seems the skillcheck to see you goes into place due to a radius instead of actually seeing you. So right now it is more that Stealth sight is overpowered.

And lastly, ok fine you nerf me. But at least TELL me you nerfed me. I can't think of a game that hasn't had a patch notes list to at least inform you of the game changes. So, I don't even know how much I am going to suck until I log in and get my arse handed to me. But now also since you nerfed something, here comes the BIG ball of nerfs. You nerf something, the 2nd most powerful thing is now the single most powerful thing. Now you need to nerf that so that the 3rd most powerful thing is now the first most powerful. But then you need to nerf that too because it is too powerful. You see where I am going with this. You opened a can of worms here Cryptic. I saw what happened to Star Wars Galaxies when they started to playing with the nerf stick. You have now started down this path. Good luck with all that..
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I use stealth all the time and I can litereally be in the middle of the enemy group stealthed and as long as Im not doing an aggressive move (like target optics) they won't touch me.

using any sort of skill during stealth will greatly reduce your stealth score and this enemies will see you.

Stealth really is fine as it is.

As for the knock back, not sure about that I have no experience with the knockback you are referring to, just the knockback on melee and snipe shots which isn't 100% due to lag but is enough for it to be useful, even with the knockback protection time after each one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 12:55 PM
I am not sure about this. I am saying it USE to be more effective. One of the previous patches change it. Either that or EVERY Klingon has Stealth Sight. I don't use any skills while hidden. And use to I was able to Stealth while taking fire and be able to get away. Now, EVERYTIME I get hit with AoE Root seconds aftering being far away and well into the invisible phase. It is like the NEW thing they are all doing. It has now made root that much more useful when you can hit someone you shouldn't be able to target. Like this happens AROUND corners even.

And knockback did some some changes. People can now move when it happens. Before you would at least get a couple seconds to get ready for an attack. Now it barely seems to do anything but make them fall down a foot or two while they still are shooting at you.

I am just saying I have primarily done ground pvp since launch and it appears that something has changed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 01:03 PM
I think part of the problem with stealth is that you are affected by AoE and conical attacks etc.

I think things like split beam attack should not hit you, as the weapon makes a calculation to fire at you, not just straight lines.

Basically PBAoE and fire and forget type attacks should affect stealth.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerphate View Post
I am not sure about this. I am saying it USE to be more effective. One of the previous patches change it. Either that or EVERY Klingon has Stealth Sight. I don't use any skills while hidden. And use to I was able to Stealth while taking fire and be able to get away. Now, EVERYTIME I get hit with AoE Root seconds aftering being far away and well into the invisible phase. It is like the NEW thing they are all doing. It has now made root that much more useful when you can hit someone you shouldn't be able to target. Like this happens AROUND corners even.

And knockback did some some changes. People can now move when it happens. Before you would at least get a couple seconds to get ready for an attack. Now it barely seems to do anything but make them fall down a foot or two while they still are shooting at you.

I am just saying I have primarily done ground pvp since launch and it appears that something has changed.
can't say that ever happens to me, I stealth out of combat regularly. Only times it fails is when someone is using AOE attacks or hitting me with multiple hits such as from assault weapons and a couple impact after steatlh. I can still walk right up and moon the mobs and can still stealth out the middle of a group fighting me as long as I time it between attacks.

Knockback in general I have experienced a lot (what with being a melee user and all the mobs forever spamming rifle butt) most of the time it works normally, knocks down and gives a few seconds, sometimes the game lags out and you can slide around while falling down, but the same can be said for all the control type moves, I once slid along a corridor and around the corner while rooted and circled a mob while held...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 01:41 PM
You guys bring up some good points there with the AoE attacks. But for them to actually work, don't you need a target? In the cases where I get hit, I am the only person on my team and I am trying to do a hit and run and stealth out the back. But like I mentioned, if I make it around a corner, hit Stealth and Run and stay out of line of sight, I still get hit with an AoE attack. I can only assume the reason they can target me to do said attack is they can "see" me. And granted like I said, I have done this quite a few times and it just seems LATELY it has changed.

Also, this may just be a side note, but worth mentioning in my exact encounters. But I would say up until about 3 days ago, there were BARELY any Cap'n Klingons for ground pvp. Now, when I look theres 3 sets of 5 Klingon teams ready to go versus the Fed side saying 0. Meaning if I want to do ground PvP I am going to get tossed into a mix of 5 Klingon. Normally I could just run and stealth, but they seem to see me all the way across the map or at least far enough away I would assume the Stealth would have effect. But I assume the batches of Klingons I have been encountering are tight nit groups that have preset their skills long ago. Such as, you be the science guy with Stealhg sight, and have the Engie get that too. You stick with a tactical guy at all times to spot the stealthers.

And again, since we have NO patch notes, we all have to speculate. But I have heard from others that Knockback and Stealth had some major nerfing. But no way to verify other than to post our experiences I suppose. All I know is either the new batch of Klingon live in the same house and eat/bath/shower together, or my skills don't seem to be as effective as they were just days before.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 02:10 PM
if were talking pvp, you will show up on map until you cloak and of course people will still know where about you were and with the few aoe abilities that can be spammed anywhere and any perception buffing it doesn't tend to be hard to knock the cloaker out, specially at the higher levels (ground stealth score doesn't increase with level but players base perception does I believe)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 03:05 PM
That clears a few things up. I wasn't sure if there were abilities that were AoE like that that did not require target. So likely that is part of it, although i wouldn't imagine you could do that around corners. But I did some more test runs tonight and I was able to run around for 10 minutes evading them, but certain members could spot and hold me. So maybe the group I encountered earlier likely had a various mix of spotters and AoE tossers. Maybe it was just a really rash mix against a stealther perhaps. As I was able to evade most of the rest of their team for a while just running about and stunning when my cover was blown. Actually only died when I tried to take out a guy that was "breeding tribbles" according to the after conversation. Almost got him but a friend showed up and I couldnt stealth out around the corner that time. But it still seems a bit less effective. But perhaps more players are getting spotting abilities and just tossing AoEs when the button comes up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerphate View Post
That clears a few things up. I wasn't sure if there were abilities that were AoE like that that did not require target. So likely that is part of it, although i wouldn't imagine you could do that around corners. But I did some more test runs tonight and I was able to run around for 10 minutes evading them, but certain members could spot and hold me. So maybe the group I encountered earlier likely had a various mix of spotters and AoE tossers. Maybe it was just a really rash mix against a stealther perhaps. As I was able to evade most of the rest of their team for a while just running about and stunning when my cover was blown. Actually only died when I tried to take out a guy that was "breeding tribbles" according to the after conversation. Almost got him but a friend showed up and I couldnt stealth out around the corner that time. But it still seems a bit less effective. But perhaps more players are getting spotting abilities and just tossing AoEs when the button comes up.
OMG. I think I recognize your avatar. And yes, every time I fought you, I was glad I had a Stealth Sight power. ^_^