Republic Veteran
... and please allow for the Nanoenergy Cell the "component-style" crafting of mutliple items.
Ensign
# 2
08-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Maybe Melee ist the [Redacted] (mentioned in STOWiki) Crafting tree?
Rihannsu
# 3
08-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Well, I for one am eagerly waiting to see what sort of special forms of stabby death get added later.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 4
08-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Please add Melee Weapons to Ground R&D
Agreed; another nerf to crafting that has been largely overlooked. I would very much like the chance to craft any or all of the faction-specific melee weaps, especially the Jem'hadar pole arms...

Some of us still have schematics for melee weaps, maybe the dev's could start there?
Independent Operators' Consortium:
Alpha - Fed Engineer
Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist
Alphal'Fa - Klingon Engineer
Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer
Rihannsu
# 5
08-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Truthfully, I never actually crafted melee weapons in the old system. the results were best described as crud unless you got the top of the line, which was expensive.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 6
08-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Quote:
...in the old system. the results were best described as crud unless you got the top of the line...
Nevertheless, Cryptic might as well make a clean sweep of the cash grab, and give players at least the opportunity to spend the extra on customized melee weapons. I see no reason why they could not have some of the same variations as other ground weaps. For instance, I have a nanopulse Bat'leth from the winter event, which is a mere "uncommon"; it would be sweet to work up a rare or VR version that was actually competitive...
Independent Operators' Consortium:
Alpha - Fed Engineer
Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist
Alphal'Fa - Klingon Engineer
Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer
Republic Veteran
# 7
08-20-2014, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaurianalpha View Post
Nevertheless, Cryptic might as well make a clean sweep of the cash grab, and give players at least the opportunity to spend the extra on customized melee weapons. I see no reason why they could not have some of the same variations as other ground weaps. For instance, I have a nanopulse Bat'leth from the winter event, which is a mere "uncommon"; it would be sweet to work up a rare or VR version that was actually competitive...
With the new system perfectly possible, they just have to add a special R&D DOFF + schematic for the nanopulse weapons to the winter event.
Captain
# 8
08-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Some other things that are missing:

1. Kits and kit modules
2. Romulan specialty ground weapons
Republic Veteran
# 9
08-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
Some other things that are missing:

1. Kits and kit modules
2. Romulan specialty ground weapons
They already said kits/Modules will get it's own tree...
And /agree on Rom Weapons, Solution: add a Romulan Armory Officer at the End of the Reputation and the schematic for the Repeater, Piercing Rifle, Flamethrower etc. for Romulan Reputation Marks.
Another thing are Lockbox Weapons: change the drops from the Boxes to Catalyst like items (+10, +25, +50, or make them "deconstructeable" into such kind of item), that will allow the new weapon procs from crafting for them and makes them future-proof (upgradeable).
Republic Veteran
# 10
08-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaurianalpha View Post
Agreed; another nerf to crafting that has been largely overlooked. I would very much like the chance to craft any or all of the faction-specific melee weaps, especially the Jem'hadar pole arms...

Some of us still have schematics for melee weaps, maybe the dev's could start there?
Hmmm...
or Breen Stun Baton
Mek'leht
Katar'kin
Romulan Sword of Honor.