Lieutenant
# 1 Neelix is irritating
09-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Neelix is the "Jar Jar Binks" of Star Trek.

Neelix is irritating. You say, "Neelix is back!" I shudder. You actually wasted money on creating a talaxian outfit? Why would I pay money to look like Neelix? You are making talaxians? Why would anyone want to see or play a talaxian other than to just troll other players? Do you want to be enablers for trolling in your own game?

This is Neelix's best scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVdH1GomPTk
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-25-2014, 11:37 AM
That's actually the thing about Neelix, or Jar Jar, or any other 'Scrappy' you can think of

Not everyone thinks of them as such, or dislikes them - and besides, he was part of the main cast of VOY, whether you like it or not; not including him would piss off those who did like him. Just as putting him in pissed off those who didn't like him

But putting him is still a step above not putting him in at all - and he's here to stay for DR
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.

Last edited by trek21; 09-25-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Captain
# 3
09-25-2014, 11:39 AM
The only thing good about Neelix was kes.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 4
09-25-2014, 07:42 PM
I actually liked Neelix - he was intelligent and cunning in his own way, but smart enough not to act like it around the Maquis and 'Fleeters and left the overbearing attitudes to the Doctor (who, ironically enough, was my favorite "Voy" character). He wasn't some freedom fighter/rebel or officer of the Federation - he was just a guy paying his way from one side of the quadrant to the other by working as Chef, Morale Officer, Advisor/Diplomat, etc. To me, that made him a more personable and 'connectable' character. Of course, I'm also one of those who think that Seven of Nine was just a weak excuse to try to attract viewers with Jeri Ryan in a metallic catsuit, and there are some people who think that she was the series' best character.

Different people have different tastes and so like different characters.
----
Yeager-Type; add it as a Federation 'Raider' and watch KDF players go crazy...

Queued Events alone do not player participation bring...
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-25-2014, 07:56 PM
neelix was horrible, I wanted him to die in a fire.
Captain
# 6
09-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Could always try and find a copy of Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force, set up a "Multiplayer" match with bots, and make the opposing Team all be Neelix. Then... you can shoot him all you want.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Career Officer
# 7
09-25-2014, 09:30 PM
Neelix is arguably the best character on Voyager.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Career Officer
# 8
09-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
Neelix is arguably the best character on Voyager.
Oh, hell, don't give the Dev's new script idea's for the Winter Event annoying loud ramblings!!!
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.

I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble =3
Captain
# 9
09-25-2014, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshino1 View Post
Neelix is the "Jar Jar Binks" of Star Trek.

Neelix is irritating. You say, "Neelix is back!" I shudder. You actually wasted money on creating a talaxian outfit? Why would I pay money to look like Neelix? You are making talaxians? Why would anyone want to see or play a talaxian other than to just troll other players? Do you want to be enablers for trolling in your own game?

This is Neelix's best scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVdH1GomPTk
+5 internets to you. Agreed! Neelix was irritating from day one of Voyager. In the laster seasons he became much less so but just about the ONLY episode of Voyager I watched in which he wasn't irritating was 7-23 Homestead, one of the last episodes of the series and the last where he played more than a cameo role.

In that one episode, he was kind of awesome. Other than that, I could have done without his character and I could have done without the character of Kess completely. I'm sure Jennifer Lien is a fine actress, but the character of Kess seemed to me to be put in the show just to cause tension between Neelix and the rest of the male cast, specifically, Tom Paris.
U.S.S. Pyxis NX-92673 - ( Fleet Defiant ), U.S.S. Rukantha - ( Delta Class )
I.K.S. Faru Sadin - ( Fleet B'rel )
R.R.W. Rhadamanthys - ( Fleet T'Varo )

"Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." - Me
Career Officer
# 10
09-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Um, this topic is in the Art forum because?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.