Career Officer
1. I was wondering why there are no different layouts that accompany each unique bridge (lockbox bridges aside). Like the Origin/Odyssey bridge having the interior layout from the U.S.S. Kirk in "City on the Edge of Never" episode. Or a similar shiny interior to match the Aquarius Bridge.

2. What is the reason why BOff's can't use Off-Duty Uniforms, I heard they were able to WAY before in the past?

3. Why can't males (other than Bajoran) use earrings?

I hope its not cause they are soley focused on making $.

Last edited by stolts; 09-26-2014 at 06:37 AM.
Captain
# 2
09-23-2014, 07:01 AM
1. Actually, there are a couple - the "Constitution" and "Belfast" bridges each come with their own 'TOS Constitution' and 'DS9 Defiant' special interiors. Otherwise, I remember reading something about having the same three (large, medium and small) options for interiors as Cryptic's idea of 'helping' Foundry authors by having all ship interiors pretty much the same. Foolish reason if you ask me.

As to the other two, I don't have answers for you on those...
----
Oh, my Sarr Theln... What have they done to you?
Career Officer
# 3
09-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
1. Actually, there are a couple - the "Constitution" and "Belfast" bridges each come with their own 'TOS Constitution' and 'DS9 Defiant' special interiors. Otherwise, I remember reading something about having the same three (large, medium and small) options for interiors as Cryptic's idea of 'helping' Foundry authors by having all ship interiors pretty much the same. Foolish reason if you ask me.

As to the other two, I don't have answers for you on those...
Oh I have those two, lol. But if you want to fly any other ship you have to settle for deja vu.

And agreed, foolish "reason". I'm not a person who utilizes the foundry but isn't the point to make something unique, hence variety, not copy/paste?

Hope you guys get more stuff to use with the expansion.

Last edited by stolts; 09-23-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Captain
# 4
09-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Well, they've already said that the DR expansion is going to add two new interiors based on "Voyager" (one with a Mess Hall and kitchen, the other with a mess hall and replicators) - whether those will be tied to the more Voyager-accurate bridge they're releasing at the same time (Ala TOS Connie and Belfast bridges/interiors) or if they'll be usable with other bridges... That they haven't said.
----
Oh, my Sarr Theln... What have they done to you?
Career Officer
# 5
09-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Well, they've already said that the DR expansion is going to add two new interiors based on "Voyager" (one with a Mess Hall and kitchen, the other with a mess hall and replicators) - whether those will be tied to the more Voyager-accurate bridge they're releasing at the same time (Ala TOS Connie and Belfast bridges/interiors) or if they'll be usable with other bridges... That they haven't said.
Awesome! Gotta get to creating a level 50 science officer then to prep for the Voyager theme
Career Officer
# 6
09-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolts View Post
1. I was wondering why there are no different layouts that accompany each unique bridge (lockbox bridges aside). Like the Origin/Odyssey bridge having the interior layout from the U.S.S. Kirk in "City on the Edge of Never" episode. Or a similar shiny interior to match the Aquarius Bridge.

2. What is the reason why BOff's can't use Off-Duty Uniforms, I heard they were able to WAY before in the past?

3. Why can't males (other than Bajoran) use earrings?

Its not cause they are lazy, cutting corners, and just focused on making $... is it?
1. In short:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Building custom bridges takes longer than a couple of days. Something like the Suliban/Andorian/Tholian Bridges, were each 5 days of Environment work from me. Then it needs design time to hook up any interactables, doors, etc.

Doing a full interior is significantly longer (i.e. 3 weeks to a month)
Basically, it takes a very long time, and they need a very good reason to justify spending that much time on a ship interior which most players are rarely going to use.

2. Boffs could never wear off-duty uniforms, though I think there were a couple of tailor exploits that may have made it possible. And some pieces from the Mercenary outfit were available in the main uniform options at one point.

3. No clue - it never occurred to me to look into it before.
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Career Officer
# 7
09-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
1. In short:
Basically, it takes a very long time, and they need a very good reason to justify spending that much time on a ship interior which most players are rarely going to use.
Thank you for the insight. For one thing... If they didn't add that console in the captain's office to access all the DOff assignments from one spot (lockbox ships aside). That would have not cut off the ship interior from being used.

But also consider that a new pc/console game takes 2-3 years to make and is worth close to but alittle more than a bundle ship pack ($50) I would think those few months of extra work for unique bridge/interior layouts for that bundle ship wouldn't be out of the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
2. Boffs could never wear off-duty uniforms, though I think there were a couple of tailor exploits that may have made it possible. And some pieces from the Mercenary outfit were available in the main uniform options at one point.
Ah ok that must have been it, tailor exploits. Some of the mercenary outfit are options for uniform still. But what is the reason, if any, for BOffs not having access to off-duty uniforms? Seems odd that the captain is the only one to go off-duty. Captain lounging in the beaches of Risa or throwing snowballs at other captains while the crew toil on the ship I suppose.

Last edited by stolts; 09-24-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
09-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Quote:
If they didn't add that console in the captain's office to access all the DOff assignments from one spot (lockbox ships aside). That would have not cut off the ship interior from being used.
Personally, I agree with you. But I can assure you that before they added the Ready Room console, there was endless complaining from players about being "forced" to run around their ships for no reason, and why couldn't we just use the internal comm system to talk to our doffs, etc. No matter what you do, someone's going to be unhappy.

Quote:
But also consider that a new pc/console game takes 2-3 years to make and is worth close to but alittle more than a bundle ship pack ($50) I would think those few months of extra work for unique bridge/interior layouts for that bundle ship wouldn't be out of the question.
The bigger issue is that every "few months" they spend working on ship interiors is a "few months" they're not working on social zones, or mission maps, or something else that would either make more money or be used more often by the overall player base.

Quote:
Ah ok that must have been it, tailor exploits. Some of the mercenary outfit are options for uniform still. But what is the reason, if any, for BOffs not having access to off-duty uniforms? Seems odd that the captain is the only one to go off-duty. Captain lounging in the beaches of Risa or throwing snowballs at other captains while the crew toil on the ship I suppose.
I've never heard an official explanation for why boffs can't wear off-duty uniforms. I agree it would be nice to have.
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Commander
# 9
09-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Its not cause they are lazy, cutting corners, and just focused on making $... is it?
Starting with a snide comment is never a good look, Stolts - or a way to get answers. Give them a chance. But yes, I'd like Off-Duty uniforms available for BOffs, too.
Career Officer
# 10
09-26-2014, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat140 View Post
Starting with a snide comment is never a good look, Stolts - or a way to get answers. Give them a chance. But yes, I'd like Off-Duty uniforms available for BOffs, too.
Agreed. It shall be reworded to, "I hope its not cause they are soley focused on making $."