Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Long ago in a game far far from this one, players cried to nerf skill X. Then skill Y was to OP so it got nerfed. Soon most of the content was epic because nothing was powerful anymore. While easier to "cry nerf" the moral of the story is "cry buff" instead.

If we as a players asked to BUFF weaker skills to bring things into balance then the game still has the fun and leet left in it. Crying for a nerf, unless it is painfully obvious that the 1 skill is broken, is sad.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortius View Post
Long ago in a game far far from this one, players cried to nerf skill X. Then skill Y was to OP so it got nerfed. Soon most of the content was epic because nothing was powerful anymore. While easier to "cry nerf" the moral of the story is "cry buff" instead.

If we as a players asked to BUFF weaker skills to bring things into balance then the game still has the fun and leet left in it. Crying for a nerf, unless it is painfully obvious that the 1 skill is broken, is sad.
It's called POWER CREEP, and buffing skills is EXACTLY how it happens. rather than nerf X, Y, and Z skills to appropriate levels they instead buff J,K, and L skills to the broken levels that XYZ were at further hurting the balance and making somethign else the new JKL skills (underpowered) and in the process follow that all over again. The result is the same messed up imbalance, only it becomes far more dependant on the skills that the player brings, not the skills that the player has. (two different forms of skills, player ability and skill skill).

scream "buff this" all you like, power creep is worse than nerfing stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2010, 02:56 AM
I wonder why so many Sci Captains posting in this thread....
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-17-2010, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramagar-ROK
Precisely. Those that don't see these powers for what they are are simply trying to defend there "so-called" tactics and lack of skill at the game because they don't know how to win any other way. Totally logical if a tad narrow minded.
God the "nerfers" arguments are all flawed. I wish you were all in Law, you'd make the rest of us look good.

... So, what exactly, are so-called tactics? Players firing VM at the enemy? Isn't that what its supposed to be used for? You "nerfers" need to look bigger scope than just YOUR class and YOUR ship types. I've used VM a lot and its 50/50 that it even sticks because of the awareness of players now. Don't you think that, perhaps, it was so effective before because the game is so new and no one really knows what skills do?

..... I saw a great thread with a list of counters. Why don't the "nerfers" spend their time making their faction's players more aware of how to counter. I'll ask you also, what are you going to do for the Science Officers that don't have the dps you guys do? ...oh wait, you don't win..."we lose"