Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-17-2010, 02:13 AM
First Choice: Option 1 (but as follows)

Captain Yvex: "Alright, Sho'nid, full impulse. Get us in persuit of the Hirogen, I want to know what they did to this creature. Full power to aft shield and keep the weapons hot. If the creature starts to attack us I want you to fire a full spread of quantum torpedoes, Lieutenant"

Lieutenant (Tactical Officer): "Full power to aft shield, Captain, weapons primed"

Lieutenant Sho'Nid (Engineering Officer): "Course laid in Ma'am, full impulse ready on your mark"

Captain Yvex: "Engage"

[Pumping full power to engines, you pull off some fancy evasive maneuvers. The energy dampening field around the creature starts to fluctuate your power, but you throw some auxiliary power to engines. Several blasts of high radiation erupt from the creature, going strait threw your shields and bringing the radiation levels in your ship to dangerous levels]

Lieutenant (Science): "Radiation levels are rising throughout the ship, Captain, it seems like the creature is attacking us"

Captain Yvex: "Such a beautiful creature..." *dramatic pause* "...fire torpedoes"

[Taking no chances, you open up with a full torpedo spread. The kinetic energy of the projectiles seem to effect the beast much more then phaser fire would. After the initial salvo, only a few more burst of phasers, and the creature turns over, and becomes still. Sensors show not radiation, it is dead. A necessary action, your ship and crew take priority]

The silence on the bridge is thick and could be cut with a knife until Captain Yvex interrupts.

Captain Yvex: "Lay in a course in persuit of the Hirogen, Maximum warp, Engage"

You come about, and warp.

...

Second Choice: Option 2

Captain Yvex: "Hail the Hirogen lead vessel"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Next section will go around noon GMT -8
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-17-2010, 09:26 AM
I would do options 1 and 3. Capture the Hirogen captain but send the Engineer over too to have a lookie at the logs and data on the Hirogen vessel.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-17-2010, 09:32 AM
#6

Your ship quakes at the last barrage of quantum torpedo hits. The engineer screams over the com "Captain, she can't take much more of this!" Your options are limited. The bridge is a literal disaster area with plumes of smoke rising from the destroyed consoles. Your con officer is down, the pilot is barely conscious. You yell "PERHAPS TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!" You sit down on your chair bracing for impact. "PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losbullitt View Post
#6

Your ship quakes at the last barrage of quantum torpedo hits. The engineer screams over the com "Captain, she can't take much more of this!" Your options are limited. The bridge is a literal disaster area with plumes of smoke rising from the destroyed consoles. Your con officer is down, the pilot is barely conscious. You yell "PERHAPS TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!" You sit down on your chair bracing for impact. "PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED!"
Hmm, it might be hard to make a scenario that both fed and klingon could equally have a stake in. Maybe Ep. 2 will be Klingon perspective and I can alternate?

(btw, writing up next part now)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Choice 1: Give yourself 10 points for successfully gaining information. Be cautious with it however.
Choice 2: Give yourself 5 points for gaining information, but diplomacy after you already blew the crap out of someones ship?
Choice 3: Give yourself 10 points for gaining the information, but don't be surprised if you can't use it!

Choice 1: You beam your security chief and an away team down to the Hirogen ship. A long battle ensues, with multiple injuries. If you had thought to send a science officer, most of the away team survives, but with injuries. Capturing and interrogating the Hirogen captain, you find that it was just simply a hunt, and nothing more. Those large creatures were seen as a new prey, and they simply wanted to test themselves. After a very, intense, back and forth of insults and profanity, the Hirogens agree to leave Federation territory alone, even if their prey ventures over the boarder. You leave the Hirogen ship to drift while they conduct repairs.

Choice 2: The Hirogen are none too happy. While they aren't in a position to refuse, they obviously have no intention of talking. Your diplomatic skills however finally draw some reason and understanding out, and the Hirogen reluctantly divulge the information. According to the Hirogen, it was just simply a hunt, and nothing more. Those large creatures were seen as a new prey, and they simply wanted to test themselves. The Hirogens agree to leave Federation territory alone, even if their prey ventures over the boarder. However, because you used diplomacy, and got to talk to the Hirogen without force or threat, you did noticed he seemed...uneasy. He may have been hiding something.

Choice 3: Link successful, downloading Hirogen database. As expected, there are a lot of holes in the logs, but you piece together the information. You find that it was just simply a hunt, and nothing more. Those large creatures were seen as a new prey, and they simply wanted to test themselves. As you come about to leave the ship to drift, gaining the information, something suddenly strikes you as you review the logs. The Hirogen normally hunt because they want to prove themselves, however a few places seem to reference a higher power. You pick up works like "Commission", "payment....serv....rend", and something about disease. Maybe there is more here then you thought.

For choices 2 and 3, there does seem to be more. What were the Hirogens hiding? What about these missing pieces of information. Choice 1, you mission is over. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done, collect your full reward (minus 5% if you kill the creature) and continue on to the next mission. If you picked choice 2 or 3, you might have more do to, read on:

There certainly seems to be a lot more you need to discover. You confer with your top officers, and agree the next course of action is to return to the second planet, and search for clues. ENGAGE!

If you sped past the creature entirely, it is no longer there. Scans show that a craft of some sort has past by, but no indications of weapons fire, or residual radiation of the creature. You have reached a dead end in your investigation. Notify Starfleet about the Hirogens. Your mission is over. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done, collect your full reward (minus 5% if you kill the creature) and continue on to the next mission.

If you killed or disabled the creature, it is still there, either as a corpse or still crippled. And its not alone, another ship is there with it. It very quickly goes to warp just as you enter in scan range.

Engineering officer: "The ship is gone captain. Its signature seems to be masked, I can't find its ion trail..if it even left one. These readings are different from any typical warp traffic I have seen sir."

Tactical officer: "We need to find out what is going on, we should make every effort to track them down sir."

Science officer: "Captain, that ships seemed to be fairly close to the space creature. It perhaps could be, that they are also interested in it for some reason. If it will be hard to track them down, perhaps it would be more prudent to scan the creature for clues on their identity."

Choice 1: Use every effort to follow the unknown ship.

Choice 2: Let the ship go, and study the space entity for information.

Choose now, or forever hold your peace.


Option 1 reflects harsh investigative styles. Choosing this action may uncover more of the mystery, but you may lose out of clues.

Option 2 reflects detailed investigation. Choosing this action will recover clues, but you may miss out on finding the culprit.

(btw, do how do you guys like the set up, with the choices, and what the choices mean in respect to RPing. And did you like the mission itself? Almost over!)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
First off I like the format you've given but seeing the choices it can get either very generic (so you have three choices no matter the previous choice you made) or way too much work for anyone (three times three times three equals twenty seven possible outcomes)

With my character being a Doctor I think she'd be more interested in: Option 2

Captain Yvex: "Alright Lieutenant Drex (Science), ready a probe and investigate the creature, Sho'nid (Eng) bring her about"

Lieutenant Drex: "Aye Captain"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-17-2010, 01:55 PM
We study the strange space critter some more, taking pictures to place on the walls of the trophy room.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten_Emu View Post
First off I like the format you've given but seeing the choices it can get either very generic (so you have three choices no matter the previous choice you made) or way too much work for anyone (three times three times three equals twenty seven possible outcomes)

With my character being a Doctor I think she'd be more interested in: Option 2

Captain Yvex: "Alright Lieutenant Drex (Science), ready a probe and investigate the creature, Sho'nid (Eng) bring her about"

Lieutenant Drex: "Aye Captain"
I like and I don't like the 3 choices. If you've also noticed, a lot of them are 1 suggestion from each officer (Science, Engineering, Tactical). When you first heard of those 3 classes being in the game, a lot of people instantly tried to generalize Star Trek captains. "Oh, Picard was a science officer, and Kirk was tactical" etc. So I felt I should probably keep the choices within the roles, but they are somewhat generic. However, not giving ENOUGH choices isn't going to help now is it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-18-2010, 09:12 AM
* delayed due to obnoxiously hard Scheme homework. *
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:38 AM.