Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Ensign
Does diverting your power from Attack or Defense to Speed make a difference when you're travelling at warp between worlds and systems?

Last edited by dan13sr2; 08-17-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Captain
# 2
08-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Your shields shouldn't even be up at warp. That was patched in some time ago for some reason...

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 3
08-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan13sr2 View Post
Does diverting your power from Attack or Defense to Speed make a difference when you're travelling at warp between worlds and systems?
No. Warp speed is affected by your warp core/singularity core's listed maximum warp factor and your Driver Coils skill.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Ensign
# 4
08-17-2014, 02:14 PM
I'm actually referring to this part circled in red (dont know how to post images directly in here so here's a link): click here to view
Captain
# 5
08-17-2014, 02:21 PM
Quote:
I'm actually referring to this part circled in red (dont know how to post images directly in here so here's a link): click here to view
So was I. That has no effect on your sector space travel speed.

And BTW, the [IMG] tag just plain doesn't work outside the art forum.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Yes, but I don't think that stuff affects sector space. I think I tried that myslef ages ago, but there was no difference. And if you pay attention to your power levels, you'll notice that in sector space you don't even have the bonus power enhanced by skills, Boffs or gear.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
08-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Only the Driver Coil skill, with certain Engines* effects your speed at Warp.

Power Levels have no effect on Warp Speed.

And I think Engines should only effect sub-warp speeds and that the Warp Core should effect above Warp Speeds.

*As far as I know only the Borg and MACO/Adapted KHG allow you to exceed Warp 9.97.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 8
08-18-2014, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
*As far as I know only the Borg and MACO/Adapted KHG allow you to exceed Warp 9.97.
Elite Fleet Engines do too. They have a lesser version of the MACO bubble effect.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored
Republic Veteran
# 9
08-18-2014, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Elite Fleet Engines do too. They have a lesser version of the MACO bubble effect.
As do the engines on the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer and Battlecruiser (same engine on both) as they are a variation on the MACO engine ...
Please ... Make it so ...!
Empire Veteran
# 10
08-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Your shields shouldn't even be up at warp. That was patched in some time ago for some reason...
Why?

Plenty of ships managed it on the TV show like the Enterprise D when the Borg were using a weapon to drain their shields while they were high tailing it away from them at warp in Q who?
toDuj 'oS rol.