Lt. Commander
Hi !

So..Cryptic...

I play since open beta and dont wanna reply all the mistakes you do on the ships or the game again...

Im not a real Star Trek Fan like other people...but i miss so many things in the game...more diplomacity less violence...and...one of the important things: Accurate Ship Models !

so...Cryptic...take a look at this and then you must answer yourself: What you've done the last years for this game...?

http://www.stexcalibur.com/index.php...tpage&Itemid=1

Why the ships in STO dont look like this ?? Answer this question plz. Or whatever work with them together..maybe. We maybe get better ships then...

Thanks... Arkaan
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 04:39 PM
There's a reason that each ship type has 3 classes at each tier. One is a classic Trek design, and I assume you don't have a problem with those. The next is an "updated" version of a classic hull design, and the final is Cryptic's own design. It was a dev post somewhere on the forums but don't remember exactly where.

Also, last I heard Mike Okuda was working with the STO art, and it really doesn't get any more Trek than Mike Okuda.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx2504 View Post
Why the ships in STO dont look like this ?? Answer this question plz. Or whatever work with them together..maybe. We maybe get better ships then...
Maybe because those ships look like ass? Seriously, they are not even close to as good looking as the ones in game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi !

Im not exactly mean the design...i mean the details. Some 3d ground models, like the sovereign, look worse than some 3d models of bridge commander. isnt it impossible to add more detail to the ships ? or they maybe afraid of less frames per minute ? cant understand that

Arkaan
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagizero View Post
Maybe because those ships look like ass? Seriously, they are not even close to as good looking as the ones in game.
lol I wouldn't have put it that bluntly but I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 04:56 PM
It's impossible for them to please everyone. They've struck a remarkably good design balance I think.

-HD
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx2504 View Post
Hi !

Im not exactly mean the design...i mean the details. Some 3d ground models, like the sovereign, look worse than some 3d models of bridge commander. isnt it impossible to add more detail to the ships ? or they maybe afraid of less frames per minute ? cant understand that

Arkaan
YES! There's a way you can get amazing graphical details for you starships. In your video settings tab, make sure that your "Use Half Resolution" setting is turned to "Off." Beneath that, there is a slider that you can adjust. Make sure it is all the way to the right for "Maximum." Default setting for this slider is at "Recommended," so it cuts out some pretty nice graphics.

Here are some screenshots I've taken with the graphics settings I mentioned above:

U.S.S. Tchaikovsky

U.S.S. Beethoven

Telaura
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sresk View Post
lol I wouldn't have put it that bluntly but I agree.
I probably should have said it nicer, but bad day didn't help. Sorry about that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi !

Sorry...what a joke...nice try...

Have you ever compared the Sovereign ingame to the real Sovereign in the ST films ?... I think not and thats not the only example...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
And when they give you the level of detail you want, and your brand new Core i7 Extreme with 12GB RAM, 4 1GB video cards, RAID10 15krpm hard drives and 30" ultra high resolution monitor moves at 3fps, then you will understand why the level of detail is the way it is.

Remember also that the average 19" monitor is still much higher resolution than the best 1080p TV, much less old fashioned CRTs.