Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lieutenant
What is up with the waiting for Doff assignments and R&D to finish? Like 5 to 15 seconds per assignment or research project.

This is getting way tedious and I know it's not required because it didn't used to do this. I used to log in and any assignments that would be done are already done, but now, if I bother doing anything Doffy, I have to spend the first 2 to 4 minutes of my play, after logging in, just waiting for everything to finish...

This 'Finishing' is total BS and an unnecessary waste of time in a game that is already enough of a time sink I reguarly have thoughts of quitting.

PLEASE, undo this change and let me log in to find my stuff already done and waiting, otherwise the time to complete on the assignments should all read "Not till after the next time you log in" because they sure as hell aren't finishing when they are supposed to. I don't want to sit there and just wait for my stuff to finish when Doff assignments, R&D and rep projects are always the first three things I want to do.

If it's the only way to get the point across as to how annoying it is and how it feels from where I'm sitting... It's like you all have added a waiting queue minutes long before you will let me into the game.
Career Officer
# 2
08-18-2014, 12:27 AM
I agree that it the waiting sucks, but it's not deal breaking for me. I usually have other things to do while waiting for the DOFF missions to complete.

But I second the idea of letting them complete offline again. It sure would be nice to be able to do Doff stuff quicker when first logging in as opposed to having to wait...
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
Captain
# 3
08-18-2014, 12:44 AM
I've wanted to post about sending a bill to Cryptic for the increased amount of smoking that I've been doing because of this change. 21 assignments, 4 R&D research...on 9 toons...@5s each, that's ~19 minutes that I spend of each game session just waiting for things to finish.

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Endless, Hazari Destroyer
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I've wanted to post about sending a bill to Cryptic for the increased amount of smoking that I've been doing because of this change. 21 assignments, 4 R&D research...on 9 toons...@5s each, that's ~19 minutes that I spend of each game session just waiting for things to finish.
Had to smirk at this one The cooldown timers in this game aren't helping my lungs out any either. Four minutes wait on a queue, five minutes wait for next DOff slot to clear... might as well light up. There've been plenty of times I've mumbled to myself about how STO is hazardous to my health
Career Officer
# 5
08-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Amen to this thread. Its tedious in the extreme. Are you guys purposely making everything a time sink/time gate? I do seriously wonder about some of the design decisions being made lately
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *
Ensign
# 6 It's not a bug?
08-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Until I read this I thought this issue was a bug. I should read the notes more carefully.
Captain
# 7
08-18-2014, 09:34 AM
...why in the bloody hell would they deliberately change it? This is so clunky and inefficient...

I...what's the the gain/point?
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Career Officer
# 8
08-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
...why in the bloody hell would they deliberately change it? This is so clunky and inefficient...

Clunky and inefficient, wasn't that the design intent of the redesigned Doff UI anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
. . . QA runs through it a bunch, and if there is a major problem, only the files necessary to fix that issue are allowed in.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post

I think they throttled the system to help with an assignment (KDF - Respond to subordinate challenge) that would not complete in a timely manner and prevent all the following assignments from also completing. I gather from other threads that this wasn't very effective - so now players still get stuck assignments and with the fun, fun two minute wait for any assignments to complete after logging on.
Commander
# 10
08-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Quote:
they throttled the system to help with an assignment (KDF - Respond to subordinate challenge) that would not complete in a timely manner
Still a lame excuse for borking everyone's DOff completions! At best, this would be a temporary work-around, but instead they are content to break other things instead of fixing the actual problem. This does not bode well for Delta, BTW...
Expendables Fleet: Alpha - Federation Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist
Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Klingon Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer