Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Commander
# 11
08-19-2014, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaurianalpha View Post
This does not bode well for Delta, BTW...
I've come to dread new seasons in STO. Hey look! Great new features! Unfortunately they don't work quite right and for the next few weeks you are going to have to put up with extended downtimes while we partially fix things that will mostly likely never get fixed in their entirety and break other things in the process.

If this game wasn't Star Trek...
Super Moderator
# 12
08-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Might surprise you guys, but...

I find it annoying, too. I don't mind them completing as I log in, but if I'm just logging in to alts just long enough to DOFF the wait is... annoying was the right word.

My assumption is that they either added steps to process the assignments and it's just taking longer, or they throttled it for performance reasons.

Either way, I can live with it for now and I don't need a quick fix. But I sure would like to see less delay per assignment.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post

I find it annoying, too. I don't mind them completing as I log in, but if I'm just logging in to alts just long enough to DOFF the wait is... annoying was the right word.

My assumption is that they either added steps to process the assignments and it's just taking longer, or they throttled it for performance reasons.

Either way, I can live with it for now and I don't need a quick fix. But I sure would like to see less delay per assignment.
Throttled for perfomance??? one of my kdf toons they must have put in park ten of his assignments and his r&d projects will not finish. I thought last week's patch fixed this ??
Commander
# 14
08-19-2014, 06:36 PM
The "fix" broke more than it "fixed". The delay is bad enough but some of us haven't been able to doff for over 5 days now.

>_>
Career Officer
# 15
08-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Quote:

The slow doffing is one thing.

Very irritating, an introduced bug, but one I can work around.

The frozen doff missions is another kettle of fish.

Two of my toons now have not been able to progress any R+D at all for nearly a week.

One of those toons does have ten doff slots still open, but the other only one.

That problem is one i feel a tad impatient about.
Captain
# 16
08-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
The "fix" broke more than it "fixed". The delay is bad enough but some of us haven't been able to doff for over 5 days now.

>_>
That is how most fixes go with this game.
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Lieutenant
# 17 Not Fixed Yet?
08-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Alright... This is a game breaker for me.. I have gritted my teeth and put up with lots of crap but intentionally putting in minutes worth of wasting time just to get started when I log in is unacceptable.

As far as I am concerned, this is the last straw and I am gone till Doff missions complete when they are supposed to complete instead of not till the next time I log in.

If there is one mission that is bugging out, disable it, but don't break everything for a mission that isn't fixed anyway.

And this time?... Not threatenning up front to not play... No... I already haven't been playing since this change because my mood to play gets ruined the moment I have to wait for Doff assignments to finish.
Commander
# 18
08-27-2014, 05:19 AM
I am also tired of this.

Logging in only to wait 1-3 minutes per char to wait for assignments to "finish" one by one, nicely spamming the view screen and preventing you from assigning R&D tasks etc.?

Seriously, this supposed fix for the problems of a few is lacking, it's screwing up everyone else.

I am pretty sure Cryptic wants to attract new players to STO with the expansion and not to drive most of them away with such annoying issues right after they get to DOFFing.
Captain
# 19
08-27-2014, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I've wanted to post about sending a bill to Cryptic for the increased amount of smoking that I've been doing because of this change. 21 assignments, 4 R&D research...on 9 toons...@5s each, that's ~19 minutes that I spend of each game session just waiting for things to finish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fftt View Post
Had to smirk at this one The cooldown timers in this game aren't helping my lungs out any either. Four minutes wait on a queue, five minutes wait for next DOff slot to clear... might as well light up. There've been plenty of times I've mumbled to myself about how STO is hazardous to my health
Smoking!

Hell what about the radiation poisoning I am getting, from sitting and waiting in front of my computer (wireless), for them to complete?

Oh, and yes, smoking in between waiting too!
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Captain
# 20
08-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Quote:

I knew you were one of us all along.

With the old system layout it took no time to Doff, add to that the lack of organization and it's made something enjoyable very frustrating.

I find myself trying to fill slots up with whatever asap and hop.