Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-16-2010, 07:27 PM
OK my last game experience:

1 Klingon vs 4 feds

The guy goes invis we can't even catch him let alone kill him.. We're looking around for him, he ambushes and kills some guy and doesn't give up, waits for his friends to join. We urge him to give up so that we can actually get a fricking win..

One fed player switches sides to the Klingons (i don't even know if that is intended or if he is exploiting a bug)

5 minutes later like 5 other klinks join. And we lose in 2 more mins.

Oh and HOW is it possible that the guy can use his invisibilty ability WHILE HE IS BURNING WITH PLASMA?

gg
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent
OK my last game experience:

1 Klingon vs 4 feds

The guy goes invis we can't even catch him let alone kill him.. We're looking around for him, he ambushes and kills some guy and doesn't give up, waits for his friends to join. We urge him to give up so that we can actually get a fricking win..

One fed player switches sides to the Klingons (i don't even know if that is intended or if he is exploiting a bug)

5 minutes later like 5 other klinks join. And we lose in 2 more mins.

Oh and HOW is it possible that the guy can use his invisibilty ability WHILE HE IS BURNING WITH PLASMA?

gg
let met get this straight:

you are complaining that the klingon in question didnt simply suicide on you people and did what had to do, cloaked and waited for the right time.

you are complaining he acted EXACTLY like were supposed to in this game

you are complaining he picked off people running around by themselves instead of staying together in the group

*edit* its idiots like the guy i quoted that are going to ruin pvp in this game, the type that complain whenever they lose or about something they cant have (cloak)
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Tractor beam him.

Also the "changing sides" bug is if you disconnect in the middle of a game, often you'll find that you can't attack the enemy, but they can still attack you. In ground pvp this actually makes it so you properly switch sides and start ganking your own team and when the game finishes you get points for being on both the losing and winning sides. Hooray!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-16-2010, 07:33 PM
For story, they could call FvF "Holodeck Training Simulations" or some such.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-16-2010, 07:37 PM
doesnt matter what they call it, implementing FvF will be rougly equivalent to shooting the klingon faction in the knees when were already beaten to a bloody pulp
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvilman View Post
let met get this straight:

you are complaining that the klingon in question didnt simply suicide on you people and did what had to do, cloaked and waited for the right time.

you are complaining he acted EXACTLY like were supposed to in this game

you are complaining he picked off people running around by themselves instead of staying together in the group

*edit* its idiots like the guy i quoted that are going to ruin pvp in this game, the type that complain whenever they lose or about something they cant have (cloak)
OK, I don't know how old you are but you have to mind your manners.

I'm not complaining about the things you said. If I was him, I would've done the same thing. Maybe if you had read my previous postings, you would have understood what I meant.

I'm complaining about the current drastic difference between Klingon and Fed pvp players' skill which is completely Cryptic's fault in the first place.

I'm not complaining because I don't have certain skills or certain gear that the people I lose to has. I don't care about that, I can grind and get it.

The problem is that Fed has a lot of noobs since it has good content and more playability, an average MMO player will go for Fed. From level 1 thru 45, pvp'ing or not, he's going to find himself having the same experience as I'm having in all of the PuG's.

Now the obvious answer would be "GO GET SOME FRIENDS AND DO PREMADES". Well, apart from the fact that I already have and still haven't won a single game yet, the customers of this game should NOT have to do this in order to enjoy the PvP aspect of this game.

Again, the difference between the Klingon and Fed skill is so drastic that even Fed premades are having difficulty beating Klingon pugs.

Please next time read and think before you go namecalling people. And mind your manners.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-16-2010, 08:33 PM
And god said "let there be FvF, so that the infadels may suffer more"!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Its not the dev's fault Fed players who wait to T5 to PvP suck...its the player's fault. But its fixable, with time and personal effort. There is nothing to fix on the dev's side...its about the Fed players investing in PvP to improve just like the KDF and other Fed PvPers did.

You cant have PvP and then handi-cap it so people who havent paid their dues(by taking their lumps and learning from them) can just waltz in and have wins given to them. We cant go around giving away wins in alternating order to Feds then KDF.

PvP requires only one thing...effort. Make it and good things start to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-16-2010, 10:21 PM
I honestly believe that FvF will seriosly hurt the game. My reasons are same as everyone elses' so I will not go into detail. I really hope the devs change their collective minds on this one. I am saying this as a Fed player btw.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalacious View Post
I honestly believe that FvF will seriosly hurt the game. My reasons are same as everyone elses' so I will not go into detail. I really hope the devs change their collective minds on this one. I am saying this as a Fed player btw.
I agree with this it will just force klingons to play KvK as the feds will all FvF and then there will be no interaction between the two factions leading to complete boredom for all Klingon players.