Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2010, 09:54 PM
I did hours of PvP as a Fed by lvl 9. I really got lost in it. I was not just losing to Klingons but gaining from how they beat me..I'd hate to see FvF. If anything that should be clearly an optional OOC PvP. Before anything else I'd love to see Klingon PvE content.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2010, 11:16 PM
I personally don't think that the Feds being n00bs is a problem because that can be solved with experience.

The problem however is queue times. Having been queued for PvP for a week now I have only gotten in 3 matches, yes 3. There are like 10 or so Klingon Generals queuing at the same time as me and 100+ other Fed Admirals. The problem is not a lack of PvP experience it is a problem of NOT HAVING ENOUGH ENEMY COMBATANTS TO EVEN GET INTO A MATCH.

I haven't even been able to get into a single match that qualifies for the PvP Daily mission.

Sorry about Caps, but jeez it should have been obvious to the devs that this would be a problem.

Give us FvF Cryptic, or I'm leaving. That simple.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenPryde View Post
I personally don't think that the Feds being n00bs is a problem because that can be solved with experience.

The problem however is queue times. Having been queued for PvP for a week now I have only gotten in 3 matches, yes 3. There are like 10 or so Klingon Generals queuing at the same time as me and 100+ other Fed Admirals. The problem is not a lack of PvP experience it is a problem of NOT HAVING ENOUGH ENEMY COMBATANTS TO EVEN GET INTO A MATCH.

I haven't even been able to get into a single match that qualifies for the PvP Daily mission.

Sorry about Caps, but jeez it should have been obvious to the devs that this would be a problem.

Give us FvF Cryptic, or I'm leaving. That simple.
you dont learn enything by throwing walking zombies against each others.

fact.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Ground combat is fail. No fun in it at all.

Lt. Commander
# 25
02-16-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Ground combat is fail. No fun in it at all.

ive not played Ground since OB, the 40 kills is just stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-16-2010, 11:45 PM
(edited because posted out of anger)
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent
I'm not even mentioning space PvP.

RA5 level:

1 game every 30 minutes.

Once every 2-3 games, there are no klingons in the deathmatch, we end up beaming out and re entering the queue (queue bug).

For example, last night. Played 6 games. Lost all of them HORRIBLY. The scores:

40-13
40-1 (i'm not joking)
40-8

etc.

In some of the games the Feds even outnumbered the Klingons.

Now i'm not claming that I know how to pvp, that's the problem. You give the Klinks KvK and no pve content. They end up pvp'ing all their leveling experience. They are pvp veterans, know what to do, when to do, where to do, how to do.

Feds are just leveling up. People reach admiral and want to try pvp. They know NOTHING! We literally get our rears handed into our hands.

This is NOT fun, period. Same thing goes for the space pvp..

Please try to fix this as soon as possible.. coz people will try pvp, see that is MESSED UP.. no chance of winning, heavily bugged queuing system, INCREDIBLE skill difference between the two sides..

btw don't forget that I'm talking about admiral level.
You wanna know what would speed this up , if a lot more ppl actually rolled klingon and stuck with em for a while to help get our voiced heared about the xp nerfs and such.

a few patches ago devs cut the low level xp gain in half kling side pvp..... this is not the way to get new players to join our faction make the lower levels a really huge grind....
Make Klingon PVP worth something and not just a grind to last rank... give us zones to fight over forts to take and storm on ground etc....
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Yea but Klingon exp nerf in PvP is even more bad for Feds, in the long run.

Think about it. Atm we have incredible skill difference in fed and klingon PvP T5. Like there is T5 Feds that have played 0 to 10 PvP games ever in STO.

Now when we get exp nerf on PvP as Klingons, it means all our new players will play 30% more PvP games until they reach T5. This means they will be even more skilled, even more teamed, even more polished for T5 when they get there.

Thus meaning its aft spanking time for feds on later tiers and there is nothing Feds can do to differ from us, long ques, low amount of practice vs Klingons etc.

It seems to me Cryptic is making way too many bad decisions all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-17-2010, 03:23 AM
FvF IS NEEDED for the DAILY PvP mission, 5 days now and only 2/3 because I will only wait 45 mins then give up and go back to the endless grind of klingon.

At lower levels the queue was not so bad + had things to do while waiting but at RA5 I log on enter queue, go do the daily explore then after that I only have the patience to sit about to 20mins - half hour before I give up, if we had FvF I could do the daily then go play my klingon happy. As it is just frustrated all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
Yea but Klingon exp nerf in PvP is even more bad for Feds, in the long run.

Think about it. Atm we have incredible skill difference in fed and klingon PvP T5. Like there is T5 Feds that have played 0 to 10 PvP games ever in STO.

Now when we get exp nerf on PvP as Klingons, it means all our new players will play 30% more PvP games until they reach T5. This means they will be even more skilled, even more teamed, even more polished for T5 when they get there.

Thus meaning its aft spanking time for feds on later tiers and there is nothing Feds can do to differ from us, long ques, low amount of practice vs Klingons etc.

It seems to me Cryptic is making way too many bad decisions all the time.
yeah main problem is there isent enugh klingons sticking around cause we got no purpose othe then be fodder for feds in pvp so we can level up. Glorified monster play...... as a klingon there is no purpose to eaven bother fighting now all u do is enter fight put on autofire go shoot someone and die rinse repeat get exp fast done.....

This is usually cause the reward for winning isent worth the effeort cause loosers get allmost as much.....