Lt. Commander
# 1 BO's Gender's
02-16-2010, 05:11 PM
hello all

my 1st post here hehe i got a question hope a DEV can answer or the lead test person on B.O.'s

um gender options? so far every officer ive gotten via the level in my ranking or via the exchange. ive cant find any thing on a gender? and every officer ive claimed are all male? um what gives?

is there a way to change there gender?
where can i get there gender changed at?
and if there is no way of changing there gender. will there be an option comming down the roan in the update patches?

well thank you for your time

@1gypsy
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 05:29 PM
No, this isn't the Sims, dude.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 08:01 PM
The ability to choose your BOs gender as well as species has been a common request ever since the first week of closed beta testing. We are still waiting to see it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 01:17 PM
To me that is kind of a big Problem. I tried to "clone" my Crew to Klingon ships. (And since i do not want to give up any BOs I prefer get "Rare" BOs)

So I just need a female alien Science and Engineer rare officer in the Klingon Fraction.

I already did spend about 100.000 energy credits trying to get those, but i just got f*** male officers (about 25). There is no gender in the exchange so I had to guess by the name... and actually names like "Sienna" are male too, they can not mean that serious.

This is REALLY ****ing me of.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 01:40 PM
I was trying to buy a female BO off the exchange but didn't see a gender listed. Am I missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narn
I was trying to buy a female BO off the exchange but didn't see a gender listed. Am I missing something?
Its just not there so you are not missing anything. You also have no options to just have a look at the Items.... a feature wich is quiete natural in ANY other MMO i know.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Its just not there so you are not missing anything. You also have no options to just have a look at the Items.... a feature wich is quiete natural in ANY other MMO i know.
LOL, yup. I think the exchange interface is the most basic unhelpful GUI I've seen in a mmo yet. Hopefully they update it with usable search functions.

On a side note...I think Starfleet has sexist hiring/assignment policies in place. They only give me male cadets. I know I'm Ferengi that believes women in the workplace is a bad thing, but I smell a discrimination lawsuit.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narn
LOL, yup. I think the exchange interface is the most basic unhelpful GUI I've seen in a mmo yet. Hopefully they update it with usable search functions.

On a side note...I think Starfleet has sexist hiring/assignment policies in place. They only give me male cadets. I know I'm Ferengi that believes women in the workplace is a bad thing, but I smell a discrimination lawsuit.
Yeah the search functions are a joke... you can not even search for officers of the KDF or Federation... or for any items "better then Common" or something like that...

Who ever programmed that i guess is not even qualified to clean my toilett properly...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Yeah the search functions are a joke... you can not even search for officers of the KDF or Federation... or for any items "better then Common" or something like that...

Who ever programmed that i guess is not even qualified to clean my toilett properly...
It's ok, no need for the hate. I'm sure they will make it better, but it might take a while.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah, as Vobe posted, we were asking for this option in Closed Beta. Also, the only time I've seen where you can actually pick the gender of your officer is through the Officer Requisition vendor (I like to refer to them as the 'slave traders' lol). Not sure about the Klingon side, but there are officer vendors at Sol and Starbase 39.