Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2010, 02:31 PM
In closed beta it was stated that they were not going to allow a choice of male or femal bridge officers due to teh fact that someone would be walking around with an all female crew of bunnies.

Now, as it really makes no sense as to whether your BOFF is male or female (perhaps a RP perspective, but even then, sorta a longshot), I do support this action. I myself tend to think i got lucky tho, i got a good mix of male/female in both closed and open beta. Now that the game has gone live, i havent gotten a single male officer to save my life. And since my capt is female, lol. my crew just looks sorta... wow

all your females are belong to me!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narn
It's ok, no need for the hate. I'm sure they will make it better, but it might take a while.
Thats not hate, more sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Yeah, as Vobe posted, we were asking for this option in Closed Beta. Also, the only time I've seen where you can actually pick the gender of your officer is through the Officer Requisition vendor (I like to refer to them as the 'slave traders' lol). Not sure about the Klingon side, but there are officer vendors at Sol and Starbase 39.
Jeah but you can just pick "Common" officer at the slave trader.

In closed beta it was stated that they were not going to allow a choice of male or femal bridge officers due to teh fact that someone would be walking around with an all female crew of bunnies.[/quote]

If you want you can do this anyway. I do not want that but i have special crew in Mind; I managed to get it on Fderation side but it seems Impossible for the Klingons because of the... menioned issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeex View Post
Now, as it really makes no sense as to whether your BOFF is male or female (perhaps a RP perspective, but even then, sorta a longshot),
Scince this is a ROLEPLAYING GAME even the RP perspective might be kind of important.
At last it is to me.

And there is no need to give a complete free choice at this but it should be available in somehow.... if you had ANY option to see what you buy at the fracking exchange it would be enough for me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Well then, from your highly capitalized "roleplaying" perspective. You should know that no captain should ever get the chance to chose whether the crewman he is selecting is male or female. If anything, they get a list of accomplishments that the officer has achieved. There is never any type of sex listed.

so, i think it sounds pretty good to me. you pick which "acheivements" that the BOFF in front of you has gotten in their "role played career" and you jsut happened to have selected a male candidate.

perfection has been achieved, by your highly capitalized "rolplaying" standards.

X

All your female are belong to me
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-18-2010, 03:09 PM
You are wrong, a Captain can choose his Command Crew, have a look at "Mission Farpoint"
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Riker was hand picked. Riker, one person.

oh, and to throw in another, Paris was hand picked by janeway.

one person

not the entire crew.

Soooo, if youd like me to point out how you are working to even further prove your point. you got to chose your initial three officers. They have male/female listed on them. So, you got your "one person" even there.

All your female are still belong to me
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-18-2010, 03:56 PM
I guess you should look at it again. And you should learn to read since i was talking abaout the Command crew not the entire crew.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
doubt they will ever allow freedom to choose gender and they definitely won't allow species change, as this would impact on the racial traits, which for some races wouldn't make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeex View Post
Riker was hand picked. Riker, one person.

oh, and to throw in another, Paris was hand picked by janeway.

one person

not the entire crew.

Soooo, if youd like me to point out how you are working to even further prove your point. you got to chose your initial three officers. They have male/female listed on them. So, you got your "one person" even there.

All your female are still belong to me
What about the NX Enterprise crew, I believe Archer hand picked more than one person.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2010, 08:41 AM
the only enterprise episode i ever actually watched was "Regeneration" and that was just because someone mentioned it having the borg in it, here on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-19-2010, 09:24 AM
I want this option only for RP reasons, as I want to get the crew of my ship close to some of my own ideas. Since these are BRIDGE officers, chances are you would hand pick them, not like the redshirts and generic crew men who are more selected at the department level and such.

I'm not saying I want bridge bunnies, but knowing what you are getting can make some differences to some players, where as others will just take what they get and run with it. Options, you know?