Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Considering the little note posted during some loading screens...

The one that says in the year XXXX, Starfleet changed their regulations to allow much greater diversity in their uniforms...

Does it really matter what color anyone is wearing? If anything, dress them in colors that will remind -you- what they do.

For all it matters, change then into single color jumpsuits, take away their weapons so they fight bare handed, and call them the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_Gideon

The one that says in the year XXXX, Starfleet changed their regulations to allow much greater diversity in their uniforms...

Does it really matter what color anyone is wearing? If anything, dress them in colors that will remind -you- what they do.

For all it matters, change then into single color jumpsuits, take away their weapons so they fight bare handed, and call them the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
This is a Star Trek game. Star Trek (and militaries/navies in general) is real big on uniforms, traditions, et al.

Besides, it's -fun- to deck out all your officers, especially when the right ones pop up in mission dialogues (-why- is my CMO telling me about the Romulans decloaking off the port bow? )
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Don't get me wrong, I get the idea.

I changed all my BOs to the same uniform I wear. Black, with trim in their color.

Red for Tac BOs, Blue for Sci, Yellow for Eng.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
But even the little no-name peons that worked for Worf wore gold.

And just what EXACTLY was Worf's job title prior to being promoted to Chief of Security?
From Memory Alpha:
"In 2364, Lieutenant junior grade Worf was assigned as a command division bridge officer on the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) ... Worf spent most of his first year on the Enterprise-D as a relief officer for the conn and other bridge stations."

So, his first assignment was as a flight controller, which is a command division position and thus he wore red at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
1. So if security in STO is tactical division, should their uniform color be changed to gold or has there been any in-game mention of security now wearing red instead of gold?

2. Do you feel that the skills a tactical officer learns best reflect a security officer, or do you feel that the skills an engineering officer learns are more in-tune with security?
On my ship, I have a tactical officer as chief of security, and an engineer with turrets and mortars who is her assistant. They both wear shades of yellow/orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_Gideon

On my ship it does matter; I'm a stickler for dress code and all my new officers quickly learn to follow my rather traditional uniform tastes.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Data?
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Just found this thread but I'm bothered by the same issues.

So if you wanted an "Ops" character who did what Data did, you should probably choose a science officer and dress him in yellow.

The real problem is that regardless of how you dress them, STO puts them in the wrong stations on the bridge. On my TOS constitution, my red-shirted engineers sit at the Helm/Nav stations while my yellow-shirted Tactica officers sit at the engineering and comm posts.