Lt. Commander
# 1 Not US customer !
02-14-2010, 03:33 AM
Cryptic won't give a XXXX to non Us citizen.

220-260 ms latency from Europe ,thank you very much.(I guess there is money to be made there,UE servers must be expensive).And why crash only a region while you can crash the world.

Downtime when it's conveniant for Us time; thank you very much.I'll start living on the Pst clock.

English Spoken in game,sooo, no Spanish ,french ,german.(not to mention Asia),no localized servers at all.
You just need to make it as best as you can.You need something,too bad.

Well,i need a UE server.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 03:37 AM
ue=ultimate europe? well ive seen alot of german and french being spoken on the server, im playing from sweden and i cant say that i find the latency that noticable , ofc the server downtime will affect some timezones and not the US primetime since the servers are US based.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 03:38 AM
I live in the eastern US and I would be thrilled if my latency was 220-260 ms on a west coast server.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 03:38 AM
1) I don't have any latency as high as you, and I'm in Ireland.

2) Well it's a US company where they work, and I'd hardly call getting your staff in at 0300-0500 convenient. Hell it's only for 2 hours. Go out for a walk. Ring your folks and tell them you love them.

3) Well let's see. Game made by a company that predominantly speaks English, hosted in an English speaking company in an English speaking country. See where I am going.

You can want an EU server till the cows some home. But what language, there is more then Spanish French and German in Europe (fun fact, Poland and Russia have larger gaming populations these days so companies are looking to make games in those languages too).

If you want to have a hissy fit go ahead, just get your facts straight.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 03:44 AM
So stop playing/paying.

I did.. im happy.
This isnt an mmo anyways.
(okay other people fly around in it but its more like a co-op singleplayer at best)

Its got ****** very badly uninspired quests save for literally a handful of quests.
PvP is fun but after 30minutes you've pretty much seen it all.

Little customization.. and what you can customize doesnt even matter or is of no real significance.

I think the only reason this game has so many "fanboys" is cause they all waited so terribly long for an ST mmo. (i was one of them for a while there)

Which only surprises me more that there are actually people defending this extremely poorly excecuted mmo called startrek online.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkiver View Post
1) I don't have any latency as high as you, and I'm in Ireland.

2) Well it's a US company where they work, and I'd hardly call getting your staff in at 0300-0500 convenient. Hell it's only for 2 hours. Go out for a walk. Ring your folks and tell them you love them.

3) Well let's see. Game made by a company that predominantly speaks English, hosted in an English speaking company in an English speaking country. See where I am going.

You can want an EU server till the cows some home. But what language, there is more then Spanish French and German in Europe (fun fact, Poland and Russia have larger gaming populations these days so companies are looking to make games in those languages too).

If you want to have a hissy fit go ahead, just get your facts straight.
Well said.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodzero View Post
Cryptic won't give a XXXX to non Us citizen.
I'm a US citizen, but I live and work in Europe. So are you saying I get treated better than the other EU-based customers because of my passport?

Sweet!

I love this game even more now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 03:54 AM
My point exactly Jerry,Cryptic smells like a Greedy company.There for the money.(wait and see how the respec system will work).

They did The minimum that could be done with sto.
ANd ,I speak for myself now,I believe the star trek license would have been in better hands with an other MMo develloper,i'm not after the devs,i'm after the board.

To Rkiver,if you do not speak english,you are missing a big lot of a community,and star trek is a big and various community.Some people just don't speak english.( i barely do).
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodzero View Post

220-260 ms latency from Europe
That's good! In Sydney Australia here and I get 300 - 600 on ALL my games. (Excepting any games that actually let players have their own servers - like most FPS's.)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkiver View Post

That is hitting it right in the head if I ever saw it.