Lt. Commander
On many of the skills you can train BOs if you buy all 9 levels of a skill but why can your main character not use it?

If I learn all 9 levels of Martial Arts for example so I unlock Sweep Kick 3 and get the ability to train my BOs, why can I not use the ability for myself? The only way I can have Sweep Kick 3 is by using a Kit, which does not rely on any skill points devoted to Martial Arts.

The abilities we unlock should be usable without a Kit.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 01:56 AM
Thats the point, you get the skils via your various kits, but since your boffs cant use kits, the teach feature was put in. When in combat, you cant expect to do everything yourself. you and your officers work as a team, otherwise you shoudl beable to fly your ship on your own, without any officers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashar
Thats the point, you get the skils via your various kits, but since your boffs cant use kits, the teach feature was put in. When in combat, you cant expect to do everything yourself. you and your officers work as a team, otherwise you shoudl beable to fly your ship on your own, without any officers.
So you are saying that even though I have put 2700 points into learning a skill and have become proficient enough to teach others to do it, I can not kick an enemy myself unless I put a special suit on....

Problem is they are treating all skill usage the same. You are correct about Space, it is teamwork. Ground though is more independent.

Space skills should be limited by usage of a common device or BO. For example, Jam Sensors and Charged Particle Burst can not be used until one or the other cools down due to them both going through Sensor Arrays. A BO should only be able to do one thing at a time. Your main character though is the senior BO and the skills that it knows (unlocked skills) should be available to use like all the other BO skills.

Ground skills should just be limited to the cool down of the skill. The whole fact that wearing a suit enables skills is pretty stupid in the first place, a suit should enhance skills (like armor enhances protection or strength) .

Trainning wise, trainning a BO in a Space skill that your main character knows will allow a BO to use that skill if your main character is busy doing another skill and the device the skill requires is available. Trainning a BO in a Ground skill does the same as now.

Skills you know ( have unlocked) should be available to use at any time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 03:10 PM
I would have to agree with the op on this one. It makes no sense to me either. If you spent money to go to college to learn how to teach something you would expect to be able to do it well yourself. So if you spend skill points to learn a skill you should be able to do it yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Maybe it's like a sports coach, just because a coach can train a team to win a world cup in whatever sport doesn't mean they can do it themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor12345 View Post
Maybe it's like a sports coach, just because a coach can train a team to win a world cup in whatever sport doesn't mean they can do it themselves.
What about Mr Miyagi...?

hiiiYA..!!!

*chop*