Lt. Commander
I everyone,

I'm Rear Amiral 3, I got 2 Officers whit every skill at 9 and i'm not able to promote them to captain.
Requierd Rank : Amiral
Requierd Skillpoints Spend : 8000/2400
Requierd Starfleet Merits : 21909/1200

nothing appear in red, except the mention "Cannot promote this officer."
So now I feel like I'm stuck whit Photonic Shockwave III, unable to use it :S
wtf...

When I got to Train my officer whit the skill I had unlock, like Photonic Shockwave III, I is clairly specify that its a CAPTAIN SKILL, so i CANT train it to any of my officer cuz they all Commander.

If someone can give me a good answer, I'll be glade to hear it, because my skill is useless right now.

If you dont know what your talking about please not reply.

-UPDATE-

I'm now Rear Admiral 5. It seam to be the max lvl because I'm not getting anymore skillpoint.
Every skillpoint I should get is convert into Bridge Officer point.
My only admiral skill at 9 is Photonic Theory and still not able to train the skill it unlock to any of my officer...

This is the window to "Train" a Officer whit your own skill.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 07:56 PM
How exactly would your ship function with 10 Captains and 1 Admiral...?

Think about it and you'll understand why they can't be promoted to Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Umm, you do understand that bridge officers max out at Commander, right? They only have four ranks:

Ensign
Lieutenant
Lt Commander
Commander
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Oddly though, it does state that they can be promoted to captain on the promotion screen, theres jsut no need, or way too. Yet another be of misinformation courtesy of cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Maybe itís something thatís going to be fixed with that 45 day patch people keep talking about? I donít see what the problem is with having more than one guy ranked captain on a ship. They donít have command of the ship your toon does. Star trak is funny about its ranks and hierarchy but they made a point in sto of stating that command of a ship isnít tied to your rank. Thereís not reason it should work the other way. Plus how does it make sense that an admiral is bothering to command the ship anyway thatís the captains job he should be in ops some place coordinating a flotilla or squadron.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 06:10 AM
It would be cool if you could promote one of your BOs to Captain, if nothing else it would show which of your BOs is your number one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
It would be cool if you could promote one of your BOs to Captain, if nothing else it would show which of your BOs is your number one.
My first officer is actually a captain right now.
Me myself, I'm actually Commander right now and through some nice bug I got to promote my to be Lt.Cmd. to Captain without any trouble.
I can use all the skills in Ground-mode, though I am limited in only using up to the Lt.Cmd. skill on my science vescle.

I'm quite sure this is not what Cryptic imagined with the promotion window, and I'm sorry to say - on topic - that there is no way it is possible to promote to captain; except through a very illegal bug
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakirn View Post
How exactly would your ship function with 10 Captains and 1 Admiral...?

Think about it and you'll understand why they can't be promoted to Captain.
I know it's more fun to troll, but try to look at the actual problem...

There is a BOFF skill that can only be used if that BOFF is a captain. There is no way for the BOFF to become a captain. Even if he/she/it could be promoted, there aren't any slots on ships where the skill could be used. The requirements of the skill should be lowered.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2010, 11:47 PM
I have the same problem< captain skill wtf???>
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Actually if you think about it there should be a BO captain, when your an admiral, strictly speaking from canon star trek admirals always take over command of someone else's shiip, usually when a multi ship task force is assembled for a specific task then disbanded afterwards.

Wasnt that the whole problem with kirk in the first place? being an admiral ment being deskbound and losing his command. Most admirals in star trek are shown either being pencil pushers or ex-captains who cant wait to use any excuse to temporarily take command of a ship.

Sooo when we're promoted to admiral we should have a BO as captain...

(TBH though top rank should have been captain that would have made more sense than a star fleet made up of 99% admirals which is what will happen within 6 months)

They should have made commodore and admiral clan/fleet ranks....

my 2 cents...
Closed Thread