Lt. Commander
# 121
02-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I actually enjoyed the pace of the game from Ensign through to RA5 and found Cryptic's approach to ranking up refreshing. It is quick even when you do every mission available to you at your level, however, the pace and the sheer amount of things to do, gave me the impression that the end-game was going to be even better than the journey. I hope it will be but as a newly levelled RA5 with just a few missions left in my journal to do, I'm beginning to wonder whether the dailies is all there is?

I wholly agree that Captain should be the maximum rank a player can attain not Admiral. Leave that title for the Fleet Leaders who want it, if it's wanted at all.
Lt. Commander
# 122
02-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
Ayenn, I appaud your enthusiasm for STO. . .
I would not say that I am "enthusiastic" about STO in the way you may think. I am merely talking about theoretical concepts in design marketing practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jounar View Post
Sorry but Im calling ******** on this rubbish.

I see alot of these "STO was designed as a casual MMO" being spouted by posters like yourself in various posts around these forums yet Iv never seen one Dev post or interview or trailer by Cryptic stating this.

Please post a link to any official information from Cryptic stating that STO was designed as a casual MMO and that players like yourself who only play 2-4 hours a week are the targeted demographic Cryptic is shooting for.
There is not link, my fine feathered friend. Proof is in the putting. All one has to do is look at the structure and form of STO and past Cryptic products as well as their format of continuing development. My "job" is to look at such things and figure out what is going on behind the curtain. It is not a precise science, but I am very good at what I do. My accuracy rate is, if I must say myself, quite impressive. You can choose to believe me or not but the evidence is plastered all over your monitor when you play STO. All you need to see it is an appropriate education and practice doing so.

Additionally, no creator of entertainment artifacts ever publishes the information you request. It may come out in an interview but, more often than not, it is never explicitly stated. How many movie producers ever create accompanying material that describes who should see one of their movies? None of them. They let the movie (the product) speak for itself.

EDIT: Hyperbole makes for bad argumentation. The precise numbers I game regarding my personal game play time was 2 or less hours week days and as much as 4 hours on weekend days.
Lt. Commander
# 123
02-17-2010, 12:14 PM
idk, i guess it depends on how you play. If you grind explor missions that are 3 or 4 lvls lower than you, you will lvl up fast, and easy (good xp for little work, as they are lower lvl than you). If you do the Story missions that are your lvl, you progress with the story, and you will receive rewards aproprate to your lvl. I do the explor missions when they come up, to unlock them, and as a filler, it my story misson get to tuff, I do lvl a little with them.
I play a good 4 hrs a day tru the week, and what ever time I have on the weekends, I am only LC, will make Cmd tongiht, its just fine imho.
Lt. Commander
# 124
02-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Personally, I'm quite happy with the speed of levelling in the game. I want to feel that I am accomplishing something and the speed of adavncement is fine for me. I can still play for fun and take part in new missions and updates even if I max out. Plus, I can go through it all as a Klingon afterwards, and hopefully (should Cryptic add it later) as Romulan or Cardassian, or whichever factions that add.

Don't worry about how the game is now, just enjoy it and look to the future.
Lt. Commander
# 125
02-17-2010, 01:02 PM
I've done every mission as it came to me, but often I have no choice about doing a mission that's two or three levels below my rank -- just doing the missions pushes my level up faster than than they can be completed.
Lt. Commander
# 126
02-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceilican View Post
Leveling would be slower if their "Episodes" were actually worth while material with substantial content worth paying attention to and something that remotely resembled Episodes from the ST series.

At least for me and I am sure there are plenty others would take their time and experience the content it if had and intellectual value and interest.

Scanning 5 items on a area the size of a foot ball field doesn't even remotely qualify.

I think I have done maybe half a dozen missions that were worth the time do them.

No XP for Exploration missions, no XP for PVP. No XP after the first set of Defend Missions, That would seriously put a dent in leveling progress.

Awarding BO points, fine, credits meh, XP no.
Yes, exploration missions should give credits and badges only, no XP or BO points.