Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,141
Well, since the latest blog by Cpt.Geko made it official, I thought I would make this very important request to the devs. official as well. At Tier 60, the KDF players will have the rank of Dahar Master!

So my humble request is the following - please, please, make the Dahar Master long overcoat that the Dahar Master NPCs wear throughout the game, popularily referred to as the Dahar Master pimp coat, availible in any way possible with 'Delta Rising'. Come on devs., I'm sure you all are well aware just how popular and how requested this piece of clothing has been amongst the ranks of the KDF for many years now. There is no better moment of bringing this to us than the launch of an expansion which enables us to reach the Dahar Master rank as players. The overcoat is awesome looking and I'm 100% sure that every KDF player would want one, it has been amongst the most sought after items by KDF players for a long long time now.

TL;DR - Devs please make the Dahar Master overcoat that NPCs wear availible for the players with 'Delta Rising'. Obtainable in any way possible, regardless, just allow us - the newly promoted Dahar Masters to have our grand-prize garment.
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,962
# 2
08-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Well, since the latest blog by Cpt.Geko made it official, I thought I would make this very important request to the devs. official as well. At Tier 60, the KDF players will have the rank of Dahar Master!

So my humble request is the following - please, please, make the Dahar Master long overcoat that the Dahar Master NPCs wear throughout the game, popularily referred to as the Dahar Master pimp coat, availible in any way possible with 'Delta Rising'. Come on devs., I'm sure you all are well aware just how popular and how requested this piece of clothing has been amongst the ranks of the KDF for many years now. There is no better moment of bringing this to us than the launch of an expansion which enables us to reach the Dahar Master rank as players. The overcoat is awesome looking and I'm 100% sure that every KDF player would want one, it has been amongst the most sought after items by KDF players for a long long time now.

TL;DR - Devs please make the Dahar Master overcoat that NPCs wear availible for the players with 'Delta Rising'. Obtainable in any way possible, regardless, just allow us - the newly promoted Dahar Masters to have our grand-prize garment.
I totally back this idea. I'd love that long coat!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Contact: Twitter | Line Messenger: askray113
PWE Community Manager
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,521
# 3
08-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Adding this to my report list

~CaptainSmirk
Trevor "CaptainSmirk" | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @PWECaptainSmirk
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.
Specialist
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,450
# 4
08-20-2014, 02:59 PM
The Dahar Master is supposed to be a weapons master of some sort. Any time I recall running into one as an NPC, it dual-wields pistols or is nigh unstoppable with a sword, etc...

I think that befitting this new rank and along with these new abilities, Cryptic should allow us a third active weapon slot. This would allow us to be that true weapon master, and carry our favored weapon into battle (sword, pistol, etc) without losing the practical side of things (KHG pulsewave for set, sniper rifle for picking off far targets, or maybe KHG+melee <-- those are the most practical combinations). Then we could enable the visual on this third weapon to have our pistols or our batleth showing while using others.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,089
# 5
08-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Excellent idea, I would love to have access to it


These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
# 6
08-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Oh please please make this happen. I have dreamed on walking the Hall of Heroes as well as the streets of Qo'Nos in one of these pimp coats since 2010!

I can't think of a single thing in game that I could want more than that. And I willing to do any amount of grinding to get it done.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,162
# 7
08-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Yeah this has to be a must with the addition of the rank. It would also be cool if you could add the klingon melee weapons that the NPCs enjoy like the Mek'leth and the D'k tahg knife.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,141
# 8
08-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
Adding this to my report list

~CaptainSmirk
Thanks Smirk!

If this makes it to holodeck with 'Delta Rising', in absence of actual bloodwine, I'll send you a crate of the best beer we've got here. (given international shipping laws permit it)

Qapla'!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,570
# 9
08-20-2014, 07:34 PM
If they don't give it to us. I'd call it one of the biggest ripoffs in STO.

How can you be a Dahar Master and NOT have the coat? Like Zorro without the mask, Superman without his cape!
Captain Marrik Steele, USS Nike(Avenger)
Captain Lunamaria Hawke, IKS Eclipse(Qib Battlecruiser)
Commander Altair RRW Icingdeath(Aelahl Warbird)
Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,219
# 10
08-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipagat View Post
Yeah this has to be a must with the addition of the rank. It would also be cool if you could add the klingon melee weapons that the NPCs enjoy like the Mek'leth and the D'k tahg knife.
No doubt the costume, the melee weapons, and such should have been in the game long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Thanks Smirk!

If this makes it to holodeck with 'Delta Rising', in absence of actual bloodwine, I'll send you a crate of the best beer we've got here. (given international shipping laws permit it)

Qapla'!
Although I admire Smirk and I am diehard KDF to the teeth for many years now in this game. They are probally going to laugh at him and tell him its never going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonxv View Post
If they don't give it to us. I'd call it one of the biggest ripoffs in STO.

How can you be a Dahar Master and NOT have the coat? Like Zorro without the mask, Superman without his cape!
Atleast those bio-torpedoes and mines from the last rep along with the projectile traits combined make the b'rel enhanced battle cloak no longer a gimmick.

Overall this is my view on X2 and the KDF on whats being said. If they can get those melee weapons, the overcoat for dahar master, a T6 negh'var and T6 bop... I'd praise X2 through the roof but if the only changes to the KDF are just text and nothing else I'd have to give them a klingon version of an octopus with 8 thumbs down.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:36 PM.