Lieutenant
# 1 A niggle: Gorn doing Klingon
08-20-2014, 11:29 PM
I've got a Gorn tac captain that I've been leveling up. I understand that they are allies to the Klingons but going through the story line my inner Trekkie feels queasy with my big iguana doing very Klink stuff. I was ok with him running around with a bat'leh but the mediating at Kahless' shrine got me.

Anybody else feel this way?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-20-2014, 11:32 PM
Having all Klingon allies become Klingons more or less is somewhat annoying for me, but I think it is unavoidable. Totally agree with you though.

The New Peace Saga by @lordarathron:
"A New Beginning", "Resolution on Risa", "War on Earth", "The Devil and All His Angels"
Other: Attumar: First ContactLegacy Series: Legacy of Attumar: Parts One and Two
Captain
# 3
08-21-2014, 03:47 AM
That's because nobody gave two thoughts about how this game should work out back then. All they had was "Fed vs Klingons", but Klingons would lack the customization options the diverse UFP would offer, so they simply turned the Klingon Empire into the "Red Federation" where everyone appearantly follows Klingon habits and culture (which is of course because there were no resources or time to create content like homeworlds and starting locations and so on).
"I am First Omet'iklan, and I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar."
- "I am Chief Miles Edward O'Brien. I am very much alive, and I intend to stay that way." - "Amen! Let's get it done!" -Omet'iklan, Miles O'Brien, Benjamin Sisko
Captain
# 4
08-21-2014, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordarathron View Post
Having all Klingon allies become Klingons more or less is somewhat annoying for me, but I think it is unavoidable. Totally agree with you though.
get over it you alien lesser species. this is the Klingon Empire you adapt to our ways not the other way around.

its canon
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-21-2014, 06:27 AM
There are several places in the Fed storyline that assume you're Terran, and the Romulan storyline is awful for assuming Remans and Romulans are interchangeable - even from Reman NPCs.
Ensign
# 6 It's CANON
08-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icsairguns View Post
get over it you alien lesser species. this is the Klingon Empire you adapt to our ways not the other way around.

its canon
What would be cool to have an assassination attempt to give it a liittle flavor
Commander
# 7
08-26-2014, 07:02 PM
I'd like to hear a Gorn speak Klingon. Slurred consonants anyone?
Career Officer
# 8
08-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Klingon cultural imperialism. The Gorn were defeated, so they have to accept the victor's customs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Empire Veteran
# 9
08-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Try being a Lethean, a species that might as well not even exist for all the times they are mentioned in STO.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-27-2014, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadfael71 View Post
I've got a Gorn tac captain that I've been leveling up. I understand that they are allies to the Klingons but going through the story line my inner Trekkie feels queasy with my big iguana doing very Klink stuff. I was ok with him running around with a bat'leth but the mediating at Kahless' shrine got me.

Anybody else feel this way?
I would have to believe that Klingons that resist alien integration are like rl rednecks.
They're around, but they're out in the boonies where said aliens probably wouldn't want to go anyway.

If there was a type of discrimination against an alien "warrior of the empire" then it would degrade an already fragile relationship imo.
In-game (if it's proper to use it as an example) you have to investigate some Orions.
J'mpok states that "some defiance is to be expected".
From this, it's implied that there is alot of internal diplomacy when it comes to alien - Klingon relations...far more than one may expect.
If the Empire was ruled with an iron fist, there would be no aliens in the KDF because they would all be dead.

Things Fedside, however, feel alot more insidious.

EDIT: TL;DR Doing Klingon stuff is fine because you're a Warrior of the Empire...I think that's all that matters.
NO to ARC

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev

Last edited by rezking; 08-27-2014 at 02:57 PM.