Lt. Commander
# 11
02-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Why bother worrying about it. The game is fun, has a large player base, and has a clever system (at least for space combat. I'm still undecided on ground). Sure, there are some balance issues and some dry content. But what MMO doesn't have that? WoW is 60 lvls of dry content until you get to the fun stuff, and they're still tweaking their classes to try and get the balance down. And in the meantime, we still have some pretty sweet content (like City on the Edge of Never and Past Imperfect) which tells us that we can look forward to better stuff in the future.

And always remember the most important thing: if the game turns a profit, the company will focus more resources on it. As long as we don't flee in droves from a few rough spots, as long as we show our continued support, then Cryptic will be willing to work on it. If there's nobody willing to play, it's never gonna get better.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekollx View Post
oh no your stuck with me until my 60 days run out, which should be just about the time we see signs the game is circling the drain.
Sure, ok. You believe what you will. :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintar07 View Post
Why bother worrying about it. The game is fun, has a large player base, and has a clever system (at least for space combat. I'm still undecided on ground). Sure, there are some balance issues and some dry content. But what MMO doesn't have that? WoW is 60 lvls of dry content until you get to the fun stuff, and they're still tweaking their classes to try and get the balance down. And in the meantime, we still have some pretty sweet content (like City on the Edge of Never and Past Imperfect) which tells us that we can look forward to better stuff in the future.

And always remember the most important thing: if the game turns a profit, the company will focus more resources on it. As long as we don't flee in droves from a few rough spots, as long as we show our continued support, then Cryptic will be willing to work on it. If there's nobody willing to play, it's never gonna get better.
they said the same thing About Champions...look how they screwed that up with one move...

STO was being ****ed on by the devs out the gate.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
they said the same thing About Champions...look how they screwed that up with one move...

STO was being ****ed on by the devs out the gate.
Well, Champions is pretty much a giant rip off of their former game, City of Heroes/Villains (which, last I checked, was still pretty popular). I totally could have told you that it wouldn't be very good. I mean, it was clearly intended as a CoH/V for kids from the beginning. Star Trek is it's own franchise.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Well, Champions is pretty much a giant rip off of their former game, City of Heroes/Villains (which, last I checked, was still pretty popular). I totally could have told you that it wouldn't be very good. I mean, it was clearly intended as a CoH/V for kids from the beginning. Star Trek is it's own franchise.
which they clearly have no respect for.

Let me ask your something. The preorder bonus SPECIFICALLY say "original 3 uniforms, (red, blue, gold) and that includes the mini skirts!"

does one shirt, one pair of pants, and a single tube skirt constitute "3 uniforms" when they promised the Mirror Universe outfit and only give us a shirt and sash for men, but have NPCs flaunting the female costume (that you can't wear yourself)

What does that tell you?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
which they clearly have no respect for.

Let me ask your something. The preorder bonus SPECIFICALLY say "original 3 uniforms, (red, blue, gold) and that includes the mini skirts!"

does one shirt, one pair of pants, and a single tube skirt constitute "3 uniforms" when they promised the Mirror Universe outfit and only give us a shirt and sash for men, but have NPCs flaunting the female costume (that you can't wear yourself)

What does that tell you?
It tells me that they're having unforeseen problems with the costuming. Just like with my Pre-Order costumes. They were available on launch day, but only for my main character. None of my bridge officers could wear them. Cryptic fixed that. Same problem with the WoK movie uniforms. Cryptic fixed that. Oh, also, the WoK uniforms lacked bloodstripe pants. Cryptic fixed that.

Now if it's like this in a year, then I will seriously consider quitting, but you have to give these things time. There're a lot of variables in MMOs that never show up until launch day. To the best of my knowledge, the only MMO that's ever had a completely clean launch was LotRO.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2010, 10:12 AM
wow is 60 lvls of dry content because no one really runs vanilla anymore? tbc as well.

So 70 lvls of dry content. But... you're more likely to get into an Eye/Sunwell/Hyjal run over MC or BWL.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Hey welcome to the lets dump WoW for STO club. lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
Hey welcome to the lets dump WoW for STO club. lol
Don't get me wrong, I like WoW in it's own way (Although I think LotRO is better). I still play it because I have friends on and because it's still more tolerable than *** and Warhammer *shudders*
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
It tells me that they're having unforeseen problems with the costuming. Just like with my Pre-Order costumes. They were available on launch day, but only for my main character. None of my bridge officers could wear them. Cryptic fixed that. Same problem with the WoK movie uniforms. Cryptic fixed that. Oh, also, the WoK uniforms lacked bloodstripe pants. Cryptic fixed that.

Now if it's like this in a year, then I will seriously consider quitting, but you have to give these things time. There're a lot of variables in MMOs that never show up until launch day. To the best of my knowledge, the only MMO that's ever had a completely clean launch was LotRO.
6 and a half months wasn't enough time? (Mirror Universe)