Lt. Commander
# 31
02-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Riiiiiiight.
So the countless gigabytes of awesome artwork, the many many many tributes to past Star Trek lore and history... the sometimes incredibly painstaking attention to detail.....
these all amount to disrespect of the franchise?

What did I miss?
painstaking detail? Really
So where are the horse sure phaser banks on the Galexy?
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-17-2010, 03:07 PM
dont see how this MMO could be gone in 6 months when there is still LoTR, Warhammer, *** floating out there. So even if say STO dies, it wont be for years.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekollx View Post
No idea what a 'horse sure' phaser is.......

I'm referring more to the integration of past trek characters and history, the well thought out art (admit it, it is a good representation of Star Trek's future with the only issue being interior sizes)
and the little things like the way characters written lines actually seem appropriate to the character.

I also find the random planets you see in exploratory missions to be the 9th wonder of online gaming.
(do you have any earthly inkling how hard that must have been to get working?)

I also think they were very careful and reasonable in their portrayal of the Galaxy's future.
They took past events of Trek and developing political trends seen in recent movies and extrapolated believable outcomes with interesting twists.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
You can't even spell Galaxy right. Your opinion here is completely void.

Seriously, I'm really sick of these "die hard trekkies" (i use this term loosely) who complain about everything this game has and don't acknowledge anything good about it. These elitist non-trekkies need to drop their preconcieved visions that this game would somehow be EVE Online to the power of 10 and just shut up and enjoy the fact that we have a fun Star Trek MMO to play. Seriously, sitting around complaining about this and that is not going to give Cryptic any incentive to put more effort into this game... if you published a game and your audience did nothing but complain to you about it would you really care about fixing things and continuing to make it better?

Real fans of Star Trek enjoy this game and understand that this game wasn't going to be the end-all of MMOs while still carrying the Trek License.

Anyways, back on topic.

Congrats on dropping WoW! Welcome to the Federation, fellow Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
You can't even spell Galaxy right. Your opinion here is completely void.

Seriously, I'm really sick of these "die hard trekkies" (i use this term loosely) who complain about everything this game has and don't acknowledge anything good about it. These elitist non-trekkies need to drop their preconcieved visions that this game would somehow be EVE Online to the power of 10 and just shut up and enjoy the fact that we have a fun Star Trek MMO to play. Seriously, sitting around complaining about this and that is not going to give Cryptic any incentive to put more effort into this game... if you published a game and your audience did nothing but complain to you about it would you really care about fixing things and continuing to make it better?

Real fans of Star Trek enjoy this game and understand that this game wasn't going to be the end-all of MMOs while still carrying the Trek License.

Anyways, back on topic.

Congrats on dropping WoW! Welcome to the Federation, fellow Captain.
right cause CLEARLY they put a lot of effort into those pre paid ToS costumes we paid EXTRA for

http://www.tomshut.de/TosVsSTO.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
right cause CLEARLY they put a lot of effort into those pre paid ToS costumes we paid EXTRA for

http://www.tomshut.de/TosVsSTO.jpg
Are you serious?

You just dropped from about 2/10 respect points to -12/10.
You are looking at details SO small you can't possibly expect them to line up 100% with whatever you happen to want.

Don't get scrambled in the transport buffer on your way out.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Are you serious?

You just dropped from about 2/10 respect points to -12/10.
You are looking at details SO small you can't possibly expect them to line up 100% with whatever you happen to want.

Don't get scrambled in the transport buffer on your way out.
are you serious, their no lack of reference for ToS costumes, the internet is choking on them, they made so many mistakes only COLOR can be said to be right.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Nekolix...shut up. Seriously. At BEST, your complaint could be considered a minor nitpick, and that's being exceptionally generous. At worst...God has never had any regrets until He made you.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
are you serious, their no lack of reference for ToS costumes, the internet is choking on them, they made so many mistakes only COLOR can be said to be right.
http://verydemotivational.files.word...1748557446.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-17-2010, 04:34 PM
What Blizzard fails to mention is that the Peon is actually crying out of happiness... because youre free of your Wow-diction.