Lt. Commander
# 21
02-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Why are you sitting here posting every 5 min instead of something else if you find this game that bad?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Animal
Why are you sitting here posting every 5 min instead of something else if you find this game that bad?
Why are you? if you love the game so much, go play it instead of posting here. Besides, I am responding to people who have posted comments. Is that not the polite thing to do?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2010, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorta View Post
Not everyone who plays this game likes it. You will figure it out in a month and if not, well thats entirely your choice. As you may have already seen, a lot of people are abandoning this game like the plague. And those who stay are fed side, hard core pvp players, or general people who have so little to do with their time but this, that they will play ANY game with a Star Trek IP and love it, regardless of how boring it is. But even if this buddy thing is a free playtime for them, I wouldnt want any of my freinds to play this game. And if they did, well I wouldnt be playing with them if god forbid they actually like this game Call me peticular, but I prefer a game that is fully finished, not half done and then asked to pay for it. If they make the content a little more worth my time I may come back, and I may even bring freinds with me if I like what has been done, but until then I see this as nothing more than a joke.
If you are so "fed" up by the game then why not just go. You are a single person who does not like the experience you had with the game. What are you hoping to accomplish by pressing this issue on? To convince tens of thousands of other people that they must think like you because if they don't, they are ignorant? You must think highly of your own rant to apply your logic to the rest of us that have decided not to "ragequit".

Seriously, nobody forced you to buy the game, nobody forced you to play it. If you didn't like the game prior to launch I'm sure you could have canceled your preorder. You only have yourself to blame for staying, knowing the state of the game (assuming you played the open beta), and continuing to this point.

Do the rest of us a favor. Leave with some shred of dignity and don't tell the rest of us how to enjoy the game.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-17-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickAce
If you are so "fed" up by the game then why not just go. You are a single person who does not like the experience you had with the game. What are you hoping to accomplish by pressing this issue on? To convince tens of thousands of other people that they must think like you because if they don't, they are ignorant? You must think highly of your own rant to apply your logic to the rest of us that have decided not to "ragequit".

Seriously, nobody forced you to buy the game, nobody forced you to play it. If you didn't like the game prior to launch I'm sure you could have canceled your preorder. You only have yourself to blame for staying, knowing the state of the game (assuming you played the open beta), and continuing to this point.

Do the rest of us a favor. Leave with some shred of dignity and don't tell the rest of us how to enjoy the game.
I am not trying to convince ANYONE what to think or what to do. I am expressing my opinion. If you dont like it then DONT READ THE POSTS!!!! And as for cancelling my pre order, I didnt because I was giving the game a chance. I have been looking forward to this game for years and wanted to see what kind of progress I could make, and see if I can enjoy the game. I simply dont enjoy it like I thought I would. And yes I have been playing since open beta.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
C) hoping that some changes are made either whilst I am here or after my account has ended.

Put a little thought into what you type please.
Considering the vast amount of vitriol you put in your OP, I can't help but wonder what type of changes they could possibly make that WOULD appeal to you, and bring you back to the game. Further, to completely and utterly change the game in such a fashion (since you apparently hate everything about the game as it stands today) would probably completely alienate many of the people who currently like the game. So. Why would they anger the people who like the game and will subscribe to it just to bring back one person who hates it, and probably will hate it no matter what, and thus will never spend money on it?

Quote:
Not everyone who plays this game likes it. You will figure it out in a month and if not, well thats entirely your choice. As you may have already seen, a lot of people are abandoning this game like the plague. And those who stay are fed side, hard core pvp players, or general people who have so little to do with their time but this, that they will play ANY game with a Star Trek IP and love it, regardless of how boring it is. But even if this buddy thing is a free playtime for them, I wouldnt want any of my freinds to play this game. And if they did, well I wouldnt be playing with them if god forbid they actually like this game Call me peticular, but I prefer a game that is fully finished, not half done and then asked to pay for it. If they make the content a little more worth my time I may come back, and I may even bring freinds with me if I like what has been done, but until then I see this as nothing more than a joke.
Of course not everyone who plays the game likes it. I said that myself. So, the question remains as to why you are answering me as if I had never said that. Further, why do you persist in the belief that just because YOU don't like the game, then no one should? That anyone who DOES like the game is just misguided, and will 'figure out in a month' that it's no good?

Quote:
Why are you? if you love the game so much, go play it instead of posting here. Besides, I am responding to people who have posted comments. Is that not the polite thing to do?
<ROTFLOL> <re-rereading statement and OP> <ROTFLOL>

Dude. Seriously? YOU are going to lecture someone on 'the polite thing to do'? Thanks, I needed that laugh.

Ok, bottom line here. YOU do not like the game. You obviously think that YOU and YOU ALONE are smart enough to actually know what is good for everyone else. Since YOU don't like the game, no one else should. Anyone who does is an idiot who will realize, if they have any braincells left (to use your phrases) that the game sucks and leave. Wow. Been a megalomaniac for long?

For the record, and before you try to dismiss me as some 'blind fanboi', I'll note that at NO TIME ANYWHERE in any of my posts here is there a defense of Cryptic. All I have done is pointed out that different people like different things. That just because YOU don't like something does not mean everyone should. Forget about the game for a second. Please tell me WHY everyone should ONLY like the things that YOU like. Tell me WHY people are not allowed to like things that you dislike.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-17-2010, 02:50 AM
That is quite some postin' for someone who hates the game. See, I hate Broccoli, can't stand the stuff. How I overcome this intense hatred is to not eat it. Neither do i haunt the produce section of the supermarket reading its label, or manhandling the bags of frozen brocolli in the freezer section. I find that 'not even thinking about it' and not letting it ruin my day works really well. Also, if someone else is in a restaraunt eating Broccoli I just leave them to it, if they like it that's fine. Not even once have i considered pulling my chair up next to them and ranting at them about how terrible broccoli really is.

If I order a meal in this restaraunt and they put Broccoli on my plate, even though I wasn't expecting it, I dont feel a need to stand up and rage at the waiter. I push the Broccoli, and anything else I find unsatisfying, to one side, and eat the part of the meal I really ordered, the part that attracted me to this particular restaraunt, and this particular dish.

Maybe remove the STO forums from your toolbar/favourites and cancel your account. This way you can prevent repeat episodes of this frothy, mouth breathing nerd-rage you seem to be currently suffering from.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Since when does a game implement a faction that they have to unlock in order to play from the outset? Only this one I believe. People shouldnt have to play another faction to unlock a faction they actually want to play. If they had any sense they would have made a seperate tutorial for the Klingons, but no they decided they had better things to do than put a little effort into making the Klingons their own tutorial.
Lord of the Rings Online does exactly that to allow you access to Monster play, which is basically a PvP faction (very much like the Klingon faction at the moment).
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-17-2010, 02:57 AM
"And those who are enjoying it are so blinded by the fact this is a star trek game that they wil continue to play even after it kills every brain cell in their head, thats if they have any left by the time they realise what a waste of time it is to play this game. I have more fun watching paint dry than I do playing the same pvp maps, same cloned pve maps."

Then your opinion basically states that because you can't find sympathy for your gripes, that something must be wrong with the rest of us for not quitting? Your presentation indicates the exact opposite of "I am not trying to convince ANYONE what to think or what to do."

Your rant and your continued need to have the "last word" shows that you cannot accept disappointment or constructive criticism with much maturity.

I don't claim that this game is without problems. I for one could care less about playing Klingon at this point. I really don't care about PVP much either. You do and I don't. You experience is different than mine. Your disappointment in the game is not my disappointment.

As I said before, leave with a shred of dignity. I am not feeding into this any further. Consider this though, this game will never be what anyone wants and furthermore will ever likely be re-released by another company if everybody ups and leaves. STO will become another Tabula Rasa, they won't drag it to death like SWG, this game will cease and we will probably never see it replaced.

As for me getting in a last word, I don't care really, you can have it. In general I don't think many care whether you or many others stay or go. However there are consequences. Get enough people such as you and there won't be a game to come back to later. You lay the burden of waiting until the game meets your ideals to play again on the rest of us to carry on the game. If you feel so strongly then tell them concisely what is wrong the game. The "ragequits" are a dime a dozen. Nobody is going to remember a thing you said even 24 hours from now. Devs don't really care about your ranting because you and everybody else doing it are not providing any useful feedback.

If you want things really to change then write your expectations, what experience you were looking for, and how you think they could "fix" it to meet your expectations. Post it in a useful format and you'll likely get the attention you seemed to be seeking by posting this thread, except you actually will have the ear of the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-17-2010, 03:00 AM
My friend was really grateful I got him a 5 day pass. Even though it says 10 day pass. He hasn't used it yet but he loves what he's seen at my house.

Whats with the current trends in our generation to be such a drama queen? Trolling like this isn't cool or fun. This kind is more like being a little girl. You are welcome to your opinion as long as you're respectful. Just like the spoiled girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory though, you have none. It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You lose! Good day sir!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-17-2010, 03:17 AM
Someone said they gave this to everyone, I can't find where I am supposed to give these keys to my friends? I have two friends that I would absolutely love to play with.
Closed Thread