Lt. Commander
Well since there are a bunch of threads about how it cost less skill points to max out phaser/disruptos instead of polaron/anti-proton.

I want to ask this: Has any one actually done any testing to see if the higher enemies have higher resists to the lower energy types? Are different races weaker verses a certain type?

For example the Romulans use plasma, does that also mean they are more resistant to plasma or weaker?

Also do the energy type skills have any effect on the ground weapons you use? If not I think they should.

Edit: Or will this only effect space PvP? Cuz I'm going to load up on phaser/disruptor resistant armor and poke fun at the ones that say it was cheaper skill point wise to max phasers/disruptors.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 12:42 AM
I don't know if Romulans are more resistant to plasma; but I DO know that higher level ships use higher level abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Bump to see if any1 else has info.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 11:07 AM
all i know is, ive been using plasma since Commander and its been burning thru even Cardie hulls at Captain levels. Im sure there is resists as I remember first facing off against Hirogen and Romulans the Phaser arrays I had had trouble breaking thru the shields. So it would make sense that each Faction has its own resist...What exactly it is I cant tell you. Hopefully in the near future people can put together the math and create UBER guides.