Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjollnar
You could still leave a reward in it just needs to be noticeably different. Say a percentage of the winner's reward. Something around 50% would probably fair pretty well.
Agree Totally
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the 21st century. Where nobody wins and nobody loses at any sport or game, because it might hurt someone's feelings.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-17-2010, 09:08 AM
lol like if the olympics gave out gold medals just for everyone showing up
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjollnar
You could still leave a reward in it just needs to be noticeably different. Say a percentage of the winner's reward. Something around 50% would probably fair pretty well.
The problem is that if FvK iis ever unbalanced in a tier you will have one faction that does not have any way to do anything else but PvP be quite annoyed. Right now it is tempered by the fact that losing isn't that much of a problem so that if you get rolled all the time you don't feel like quitting. It also keeps those who are less skilled at this type of game in the game instead of slowly forcing them out of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2010, 10:26 AM
I fight to win in PvP because I hate dying and losing but I agree currently death is meaningless not just in PvP but PvE as well.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetier View Post
Unfortunately developers have found out from past attempts that if you dont give the losing players a reward they wont bother playing.
False.

The entire massive popularity of PvE is based around the fact that if you fail, you get nothing.

People still do boss raids all the time. It makes the victory all the sweeter. If you got purple loots for failing to kill the boss, nobody would bother trying to win that, either, and they wouldn't care if they did win.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2010, 10:54 AM
The thing about pvp is that if you are a Fed, even if you win every match 15-0 you still fly a glorified flying saucer ( and probably mutilate cattle on the weekends)
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
False.

The entire massive popularity of PvE is based around the fact that if you fail, you get nothing.

People still do boss raids all the time. It makes the victory all the sweeter. If you got purple loots for failing to kill the boss, nobody would bother trying to win that, either, and they wouldn't care if they did win.
Huh. Last I checked, if you downed the first two bosses in a pve raid but died to the third repeatedly and then gave up, you still got rewards.

in fact in wow, you can do this every day and get tokens used to upgrade your gear. And regardless of your own delusions(if any), even you have to acknowledge wow's pve is far more popular than any other mmo's.

Failure is part of success. If it wasn't, then every mistake ever made in history would have destroyed the universe. Everything is built on successes and failures. Eliminating 'rewards' from losing would not make it any more realistic or fun.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
The skillpoint reward is like 20-30 points more for winning not really a price if you ask me .....
This only leads to ppl not giving a damm about winning on some maps, they just wait out or fight a big ball in the center of the map to rack up damage .

Cryptic should make winning worth a bit more and give us something to fight for...
Or just reward player contribution in PvP. But contribution shouldnt just be kills, but heals, captures, holds, detecting cloaked vessels, effective use of engineering emplacements, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-17-2010, 11:53 AM
I am a very bad loser. Hence why i like to win.