02-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Fed teamies are green
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luepert View Post
Fed teamies are green

Must of been a recent change ill have to log onto my RA and check it out.

Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2010, 10:38 AM
I see team mates a light blue color and when I get scrambled everything is a blue color. I think if you get scrambled you shoul dnot be able to lock onto a target.

You, the player, are the ship's sensors. What you see is what your ship does. It kind of is a useless skill, I can still figure out who the bad guy is by LOOKING at them.

If you think about it, this is a luxary that would nto exist in this area. You have a viewscreen, but your battle actions are oriented through external sensors. Picard wouldn't fire up the panoramic view and pick out ships to fire out.

This skill SHOULD work just like Jam Sensors. If you get jammed, you have to shoot at someone else.

If you get scrambled, you should not be able to manually target a specific ship. You could fire all you wanted (mash space bar) but you would be stuck with the luck of the draw in terms of what you hit.

This needs to be addressed because as it is, Scramble sensors is more or less a useless skill.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2010, 10:55 AM
During a ground mission, there was some scripted gas effect which caused me to shoot randomly. I would have the Jem'Hadar targetted (with a blue name) and when I went to fire it would usually turn me around and shoot my friendly turret. But not always, sometimes I would shoot correctly.

This is what scramble should do in my opinion. If you are scrambled, you should just randomly target things during the duration. There's a chance you could target correctly and there's a chance you couldn't. The effect is already in-game even
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpower34 View Post
I see team mates a light blue color and when I get scrambled everything is a blue color. I think if you get scrambled you shoul dnot be able to lock onto a target.

You, the player, are the ship's sensors. What you see is what your ship does. It kind of is a useless skill, I can still figure out who the bad guy is by LOOKING at them.

If you think about it, this is a luxary that would nto exist in this area. You have a viewscreen, but your battle actions are oriented through external sensors. Picard wouldn't fire up the panoramic view and pick out ships to fire out.

This skill SHOULD work just like Jam Sensors. If you get jammed, you have to shoot at someone else.

If you get scrambled, you should not be able to manually target a specific ship. You could fire all you wanted (mash space bar) but you would be stuck with the luck of the draw in terms of what you hit.

This needs to be addressed because as it is, Scramble sensors is more or less a useless skill.

Everyone look at the guy who has no idea what hes talking about, gg sir gg.

Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luepert View Post
Fed teamies are green
On the minimap, but not their names. Maybe their names should be green too eh.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosanl View Post
i agree this skill could use a boost , i usealy pug got 45 ra on fed and lvl-ing klingon lvl 30 atm (my fleet is lagging behind), i think 80-90% of scenario's are pug (no1 grped), when i get hit with it it shows me everyone same color as all my other klingons are arround me , this skill is only usefull vs pug/noobs anyway and when you are playing with grp or premade i presume that those ppl will just look at ships (model) and target the right one its not that hard tbh.

I mean sounds like ur grp-ed with friends or fleet members the OP and u prob have coms like vent ot TS this skill should not be a problem for you guy's or i hate to say it allmost never do but i gues l2p.

my 2 cents.

edit: I have never been hit with it when i was grp-ed maybe if ur grped it changes all to blue? no clue but sounds fair otherwise u could still see those that are grp members from anyone els in the match witch means if ur grp-ed this spell wouldent work / be effective or is it me?
Wow,

You really are stupid.

The OP was pointing out that the problem was that a certain ability was rendered ineffective by Klingons simply being grouped as the colour system.

If you think that has anything to do with "L2P" then i suggest you go back to WoW with your "spells".

I myself play Klingons and if this is the case then i want this fixed ASAP, i dont need or want any advantage over the feds based off poor game design (cloak needs to be addressed, as does a pre-made remote healing fedball of doom)
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Be nice for Fed teamates to have names shown in different colour anyway to spot them easier, and also make this scramble sensor thing a non issue at same time.

I would go for green like the minimap icon, though I think the klingon friendly and hostile targets could do with slightly more contrasting colour scheme than orange and mustard.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
Everyone look at the guy who has no idea what hes talking about, gg sir gg.

Za'Rex
So I agree with you that it needs looked out and you make fun of me for not knowing what I am doing? How does that work? I was suggesting a possible fix for the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpower34 View Post
So I agree with you that it needs looked out and you make fun of me for not knowing what I am doing? How does that work? I was suggesting a possible fix for the issue.
No sir you stated that manual control makes scramble sensors a non issue. That shows lack of experience as those of us who have experienced it know that even if you have a target selected you sometimes shoot a closer player. Usually this closer player is a friendly.

Also because you have a friendly targeted doesn not mean your heals will hit them, generally they heal a different target. The best way to deal with scramble is to drop all targets and use science team, 90% of the time it applies to you and 75% of the time it works in removing the scramble.

That is what I ment in saying you do not know what you're talking about.

Trying to heal anyone while your scrambled is a big gamble. Trying to deal damage to a hostile is also a gamble but not near as bad as healing a hostile.

Za'Rex