Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Lost items in mail
02-17-2010, 03:52 AM
hey guys yesterday i sent a few mails with items such as tribbles and food hypos etc from my fleet toon to my klingon.I went in to my klingon and found i had only gotten 4 of the 5 mails with items attached.The items i lost in the final mail were these rather exspensive pices off of the exchange

integrated targeting armor mk iv [phadis] (rare)
plasma bolt pistol - compression bolt mk iv Dot 2 (rare)

I just wounderd if this has happend to any one else?also ive submited a ticket yesterday does anyone know what sort of response times were getting?and what the likelyhood is ill get the items back?

This isnt a thread for Bi****ng im really enjoying the game up to now obviousley theres some stuff that needs fixing and content i would like to see but for a very very young game(when compaired to other mmo's launch state) i think its done really well

thanks guys
stef
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 08:19 AM
They had the same issue with Champions Mail system and I honestly don't think they ever really fixed it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefman123 View Post
hey guys yesterday i sent a few mails with items such as tribbles and food hypos etc from my fleet toon to my klingon.I went in to my klingon and found i had only gotten 4 of the 5 mails with items attached.The items i lost in the final mail were these rather exspensive pices off of the exchange

integrated targeting armor mk iv [phadis] (rare)
plasma bolt pistol - compression bolt mk iv Dot 2 (rare)

I just wounderd if this has happend to any one else?also ive submited a ticket yesterday does anyone know what sort of response times were getting?and what the likelyhood is ill get the items back?

This isnt a thread for Bi****ng im really enjoying the game up to now obviousley theres some stuff that needs fixing and content i would like to see but for a very very young game(when compaired to other mmo's launch state) i think its done really well

thanks guys
stef
Good luck getting those back...unless you have an exact time you sent them. I sincerely doubt the GMs will go through the gigabytes (or even terabytes) of logs they have to find your missing mail. If you had an exact time this occurred, at least you could help them narrow it down...then maybe you'd get lucky and they'd take action.

You can turn on time under the options for your chat. Just a suggestion...

Good luck and sorry you lost your items. That totally sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the replys guys

i can narrow the time down to sort of a 10 or 15 min window as i took a SS when i sent the ticket to keep the ticket number

its a shame as they wernt cheap items either if it was just the tribbles hypos or food i sent then meh i wouldnt be that botherd but those cost me a pritty enery pice lol

i know the devs stayed away from sql which is a shame as in sql it would be an easy thing to lookup(ive been involved in server game and website development and the search function in sql is very handy and its easy to keep toon data orgonised for easy and quick serches using that function)

but i imagen(guessing as obviousley im not familiare with the cryptic engin or the game core) mail should still be loged to the character and account name in whatever database system they are using so it should just be a case of pulling my toon up in the database something like account table>character table> "search":-stefan(click in to "stefan" table section) then within the character table selecting mail table but i could be way out as im not sure what system there using instead of sql but this is how many games including wow sql tables are orgonised

p.s. sorry about my spelling guys and as i say the above is just based on guess work from my own projects

anyway thanks again for the replys
stefan
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefman123 View Post
Thanks for the replys guys

i can narrow the time down to sort of a 10 or 15 min window as i took a SS when i sent the ticket to keep the ticket number

its a shame as they wernt cheap items either if it was just the tribbles hypos or food i sent then meh i wouldnt be that botherd but those cost me a pritty enery pice lol

i know the devs stayed away from sql which is a shame as in sql it would be an easy thing to lookup(ive been involved in server game and website development and the search function in sql is very handy and its easy to keep toon data orgonised for easy and quick serches using that function)

but i imagen(guessing as obviousley im not familiare with the cryptic engin or the game core) mail should still be loged to the character and account name in whatever database system they are using so it should just be a case of pulling my toon up in the database something like account table>character table> "search":-stefan(click in to "stefan" table section) then within the character table selecting mail table but i could be way out as im not sure what system there using instead of sql but this is how many games including wow sql tables are orgonised

p.s. sorry about my spelling guys and as i say the above is just based on guess work from my own projects

anyway thanks again for the replys
stefan
Wow thats a lot of assumptions
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Mail that gets sent to a character, but doesnt arrive, will get returned to the original sender. They have "failsafe" coding in the game where, if the mail somehow gets lost, doesnt arrive where it shoudl etc, after a certain timeframe it will be sent back to its original departure point. Just wait a while and see if it comes back.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmerc View Post
Wow thats a lot of assumptions
i wouldnt say its a lot of assumptions exactly its based on what ive learnt over the years both learning about and developing gaming server's and websites and the generalised structure of mmo databases (I studeyed this for my degree papers) and generaly all mmo servers have comon similariteys in there database structures

there is assumptions there but i wouldnt say allot of assumptions generalisation yes theres a bit of htat going on but not so much assumptions

I would say the only MAJORE assumption is that they are using a database system similer to sql or the berkley DB

thanks for letting me know about there fail safe has any one any idea how long it usually takes to kick it back as its been well over 24hrs now?

again thanks for the replys guys its appreciated
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 06:40 AM
Just an update (and maybe a stealth bump in the hope a gm or somone will see this)
i still have had no word from anyone and its getting a little frustrating now some of my freands were in game last night and the night before and we were on TS they happend to have to file a few bug reports and were getting responsis within hr's yet im still waiting to recive one from days ago.

I understand your busy and some tickets are more critical than others but if somone could look in to this for me i would very much appreciate it

stef