Captain
Is Cryptic testing/teasing us?

- new upgrade to Captain bridge officer promotion dialog box on Tribble.
- new command abilities with a decidedly situational design for groups of 'allies' - not team mates
- new BOFF abilities with very flexible skill structures

- new T6 Command class ship coming during the anniversary?
Captain
# 2
01-14-2015, 02:33 PM
A dev stated on the tribble forums that the promote to captain thing was an error, its not an upcoming feature.

A T6 command ship as part of the anniversary is probably a given.
Captain
# 3
01-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Borticus outright said that promoting a boff to captain is not something they are working on, and the promotion thing on Tribble is a bug, so I doubt that is coming.

Will the Anniversary ship be a T6 Command ship? Yeah I think odds are good of that being the case.
--------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========--------------
>>>CLICK HERE FOR GEAR UPGRADE COST REFERENCE TABLE<<<
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>Check out my redesign concept images<<
>Bob's Big Giant UI QoL Thread<
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Ughfffhhghguhhfg...
Career Officer
# 4
01-14-2015, 02:40 PM
the most important question is been answered here, the rest i dont care about. wanted to find out if my first officer on the fearless will go from commander to captain and if there is a way to separate the enemy faction officer exchange from the officer in question so they can be a starfleet officer instead.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2015, 03:12 PM
commanding an AI taskforce of your cstore ships is coming. you can bet on it. thats exactly what the FLEET ADMIRAL rank is in real life. look at nimitz. but i hope they make it painless to do
Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr
USS Stadi/USS Grendel
Dreadnought Class / Avenger Class Refit
"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."
Career Officer
# 6
01-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Geko has always wanted the "away team in space" idea... and that would be really awesome. It would be yet another reason to buy/use as many ships as possible.

While I think the Command school lays some groundwork for this possible feature, it sounds like it's not coming yet. Plus, I would hope that, if this feature becomes a reality, they would incorporate it into more than one mission.

I'm looking at you, Grapple Gun... one mission, really?
Captain
# 7
01-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanidaho11 View Post
A dev stated on the tribble forums that the promote to captain thing was an error, its not an upcoming feature.

A T6 command ship as part of the anniversary is probably a given.
Most likely, it will have just an ensign or lieutenant command specialization seat. Just as a way of getting us interested in the new ones that will be released shortly after.

It might be helpful to picture Picard as Cryptic and the Borg as PWE.
Captain
# 8
01-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Honestly, I'd settle for being able to put Captain (and the various Admiral insignia) insignia on my BOs.

Oh, and the off-duty clothing too.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Captain
# 9
01-14-2015, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwashington View Post
Most likely, it will have just an ensign or lieutenant command specialization seat. Just as a way of getting us interested in the new ones that will be released shortly after.
Most likely, but I wouldn't be so cynical to state it as "JUST a way of getting us interested in new ships" (since there's probably going to be more ships like the Guardian and Matha that don't fully cater to new specilaizations. The state of having less spec seating is just another point along the established gradient of ship design. It can exist for its own sake, not just as a marketing ploy though a ploy it may still be.)
Career Officer
# 10
01-14-2015, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhall85 View Post
Geko has always wanted the "away team in space" idea... and that would be really awesome. It would be yet another reason to buy/use as many ships as possible.
Excellent idea! IMO why having a fleet admiral without a fleet? Does not make any sense. Change the name to Commodore or something else if you cant have your BOFFs as Captains with their own ships on demand.
[