Lt. Commander
Can you please either add a 'pause' button or stop characters moving completlt while they are being created as it is not easy to modify attributes with they shifting about all the time. We need a "Hold still dammit" command.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 11:01 AM
People have been suggesting something like this to Cryptic ever since they were involved with City of Heroes six years ago.
For some reason they never seem to understand how annoying this is.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 11:34 AM
I'll go ahead and add my voice to the throng of people asking for this feature. I don't even bother trying to tweak a character's face because of the constant motion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Can't you go forward, select the "twitch" stance (I think it's called, the android one) and go back and do your face? The twitch moves still but the head doesn't turn all the way to the left or right so you cant see half of it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 03:02 PM
How about the haracter just sits still when you are working on the face? its a PITA to work on the face when the thing keeps turning every frakin whitch way
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Small light at the end of the tunnel - Champions Online has included a new 'FREEZE' button for the character creator/tailor in the latest version in test to stop toon movememnt while you fiddle with the bits. This may be taken as an indication that Cryptic has finally gotten the message and we can only hope that it finds its way into STO soon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2010, 12:54 AM
Wait they did it?

It's a revolution!

Amazing! Call the world record guys, it only took game developers, what, 20 years to figur e out?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-28-2010, 07:50 AM
They could do something more subtle: When you are editing face features, stop face movements. When editing body, stop body moviments, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnis
Small light at the end of the tunnel - Champions Online has included a new 'FREEZE' button for the character creator/tailor in the latest version in test to stop toon movememnt while you fiddle with the bits. This may be taken as an indication that Cryptic has finally gotten the message and we can only hope that it finds its way into STO soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
Wait they did it?

It's a revolution!

Amazing! Call the world record guys, it only took game developers, what, 20 years to figure out?
Yeah this really would be a mini-revolutionary thing. As I mentioned in my previous post people have been complaining to Cryptic specifically about this since their involvement in City of Heroes six years ago.

I agree if they managed to finally slip this into CO I have to think it should end up here as well. Let's just say if it doesn't then people will probably be even more annoyed by this because there's evidence it -can- be done in a Cryptic game so why not here.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothic View Post
Yeah this really would be a mini-revolutionary thing. As I mentioned in my previous post people have been complaining to Cryptic specifically about this since their involvement in City of Heroes six years ago.

I agree if they managed to finally slip this into CO I have to think it should end up here as well. Let's just say if it doesn't then people will probably be even more annoyed by this because there's evidence it -can- be done in a Cryptic game so why not here.
I mean it's the time time ANY game company has done this. (eve don't count because they never move anyway)

I truly can't believe it took game developers this long to figure it out. I mean really, how dense are they?