Lt. Commander
# 1 Just canceled my subscription
02-17-2010, 05:27 AM
I'm a mmorpg veteran, played it since Ultima Online, thru many other well known mmorpgs, ending on WoW as hardcore raider, so much about me, now STO:

Had big hopes on STO but it turned into a c***p, so basicaly canceled my sub today.

Why I canceled?

- waaaay too many instances and loading screens
- there is absolutely no world immersion feeling
- despite on big space and whatnot I felt like playing a single player game
- ground combat visualy and technicaly looks like a crap, and is boring like hell
- the whole game way too repeative
- non friendly IU, especially map section with missing quest markers and stuff
- the klingon side is unfinished, nothing to do except again repeative pvp.
- no skill respec
- skill cap
- the micropayments (now Klingons nd Ferengly, but I can bet there will be much more + respec too I guess0
- too complicated skill system - I really wish to know what exactly I'm picking to skill up. e.g. Field Theory +5, wth it does? this game need serious tooltips, without it, only devs know what such skill can do. And thats not only for skill system window, many items has weird variables.
- no autofire on all weapons in space, and no autofire at all in ground combat
- the game is unfinished and I refuse to be a betatester and pay for it at same time
- GM never repllied to any of my ticket
- Gold spammers even in the game mail system....

Overally I see no hope for this game, and not going to be back.

See you in Kotor Online.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 05:32 AM
Have a nice day!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 05:40 AM
Why do people insist on posting 'QQ I am leaving QQ'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTom
I'm a mmorpg veteran, played it since Ultima Online, thru many other well known mmorpgs, ending on WoW as hardcore raider, so much about me, now STO:

Had big hopes on STO but it turned into a c***p, so basicaly canceled my sub today.

Why I canceled?

- waaaay too many instances and loading screens
- there is absolutely no world immersion feeling
- despite on big space and whatnot I felt like playing a single player game Did you ahve grouping turned off? ask players to group with you?
- ground combat visualy and technicaly looks like a crap, and is boring like hell Great fun for me, I challenge myself to complete a mission without killing the enemy where possible, quite afew can be done using stealth rather than brute force
- the whole game way too repeative Every MMO has a sense of repition, whether its grinding rats or doing the same part of raids jsut to get to the boss
- non friendly IU, especially map section with missing quest markers and stuff look in your journal it tells you where to go, jsut like UO, it never pointed a big ass arrow at a point screaming, go here, would you like me to get mummy to hold your hand?
- the klingon side is unfinished, nothing to do except again repeative pvp. klingons additions coming in update, they have already said.
- no skill respect there are technical and coding reasons for this, already stated they are working to include this
- skill cap please link where they ever said there would be NO skill caps? they changed it in Beta, sad but a fact of life things get changed in beta when practise means the theory is unsound
- the micropayments what micropayments? are we playing the same game? oh you mean teh klingon and ferengi presets? wow like a few quid, or free if you got teh bonus cryptic points
- too complicated skill system - I really wish to know what exactly I'm picking to skill up. e.g. Field Theory +5, wth it does? this game need serious tooltips, without it, only devs know what such skill can do. And thats not only for skill system window, many items has weird variables. I agree this needs clearing up alittle, but the +5 is actuall 5% of abse increase, but due to their coding its actually a series of dminishing returns (post somehwere explain this in great detail) click a skill it says what it increases, field theory will increase X,Y,Z so if you ahve Boff using that skill they get a boost for it
- no autofire on all weapons in space, and no autofire at all in ground combat you want an auto attack? spend all your time jsut circling? wow that would be boring as hell, I enjoy balancing Fire at will with selected weapon attacks to ensure my damage is optimum,
- the game is unfinished and I refuse to be a betatester and pay for it at same time Beta finished long ago, all games are 'incomplete' when launched, even WoW was buggy as hell at launch
- GM never repllied to any of my ticket did you check the support on your account?
- Gold spammers even in the game mail system.... cmon everygame has spammers, when you find a way of stopping it, please let teh game companies know they would have your children for an answer

Overally I see no hope for this game, and not going to be back.

See you in Kotor Online.
KOTOR is not looking as all dancing as everyone is saying, teh more I hear the less I like, try setting your expectations lower, that might help
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
I'm a mmorpg veteran
Big deal.

Quote:
See you in Kotor Online.
No.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
I'm a mmorpg veteran, played it since Ultima Online.................
Quote:
- no skill respect.
If you are really veteran, then you should know that its respec. Respect is something totaly different. Maybe you played other games in your native language... But seriously, why this word? Plus respec option is comming soon anyway...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 05:55 AM
Yes, we have no respect for ya in STO. Also if you are so hardcore, figuring some skills/finding info on them shoudlnt be that hard. Also missing quests descriptions - if you read your journal, or do some exploring, you will find everything fast. Too bad for you, hardcore boy/man, there is no hand holding addon in STO for your hardcore play.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Quote:
non friendly IU, especially map section with missing quest markers and stuff
I think you have played to many WoW and have forget the great Ultima Online time? For me, its important to "do not have" all around mission markers. I am mature enough to read it out the text ^^
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeraphine View Post
I think you have played to many WoW and have forget the great Ultima Online time? For me, its important to "do not have" all around mission markers. I am mature enough to read it out the text ^^
I bet you were thinking whole time about "Where is Sulu?" neverending story..
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 06:18 AM
Goodbye, Mr. QQ'er.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2010, 06:21 AM
Guess it isn't completely off topic but I wonder if people realize that, from the sounds of it, KOTOR is going to be more like STO than anything else as far as the "single player repetitive" feeling goes? I plan on playing it too, of course, but my expectations for it pretty much match this game except with a lot more voice over content and a Star Wars skin.
Closed Thread