Hmm. Do me a favor. Keep the same chat handle when your in TOL, cause i want to see you crying there too, when you relise, ALL mmo have issues like this when they start. For a VET, i figured you'd have figured this out. Your prolly look back at old fav's with rose colored glasses. We tend to do that when we've been a memeber of a game for years. CoH for example, my Fav. MMO so far, had it's fair share of issues at launch, but at 6 years of fun, they'er a distent memory, much like STO's issues will be in a year or 2.
Well, good luck to you. Cant' wait t to read you QQ threads in the TOR boards. Should be entertaining!
true true. But again rong forum the guys will **** you out off this forum before you even finish your talking. We all know the game sucks. And we all know we like to give it a shot. So we have 2 option stfu and play or gtg. Got it. Ok fine. /close topic
You should understand, as should most of these people leaving "Dear John Letters" to Cryptic (and presumably all of us) that you kind of tip your hand and actually kedoodle pretty much your entire argument(s) when you endorse WoW *insert MMO name here* ...
Because now we all know that:
1.) You think magical smurfs with battleaxes riding unicorns into a field of cotton candy and rainbows is the equivalent game-play genera to Star Trek , which is so far beyond the pale that I don't where to start...
2.) That you are home-sick... You came to STO looking for a new home, but can't get over the fond memories of your old game, and after a week or so, you simply can't handle being away from your unicorns and elfin cyb0r-girlfriend, and haven't found a Vulcan girl to replace her...
I compare the game to SWG / JTL constantly...because it's the most direct comparison a person can make...in *myriad* ways... But even that is a pointless comparison in the end...
A lot of what you're saying is understandable...
I find it interesting that ground combat is physically ugly in your opinion in STO...yet ground combat in WoW is apparently awesome... I couldn't disagree more... but that's all cool... Also curious, you want everything to autofire all the time...so I can only assume that combat is too difficult for you now...and am sorry if you find that to be so...
Overall, adios and have fun riding magical goats with Mr. T....
I'm a mmorpg veteran, played it since Ultima Online, thru many other well known mmorpgs, ending on WoW as hardcore raider, so much about me, now STO:
Had big hopes on STO but it turned into a c***p, so basicaly canceled my sub today.
Why I canceled?
- waaaay too many instances and loading screens
- there is absolutely no world immersion feeling
- despite on big space and whatnot I felt like playing a single player game
- ground combat visualy and technicaly looks like a crap, and is boring like hell
- the whole game way too repeative
- non friendly IU, especially map section with missing quest markers and stuff
- the klingon side is unfinished, nothing to do except again repeative pvp.
- no skill respect
- skill cap
- the micropayments
- too complicated skill system - I really wish to know what exactly I'm picking to skill up. e.g. Field Theory +5, wth it does? this game need serious tooltips, without it, only devs know what such skill can do. And thats not only for skill system window, many items has weird variables.
- no autofire on all weapons in space, and no autofire at all in ground combat
- the game is unfinished and I refuse to be a betatester and pay for it at same time
- GM never repllied to any of my ticket
- Gold spammers even in the game mail system.... cmon
Overally I see no hope for this game, and not going to be back.
See you in Kotor Online.
Hard to say this, but i would have to agree on most of the points.
-Instances and loading screens - you know the way STO is set up, with Sector Blocks in which you travell in Warp Speed and then jump to different Systems is more reminds me of a HyperSpace from Babylon 5 Universe. In Star Trek if you go to a full stop you'll return to a normal Space, However in Babylon 5 Universe if you go in to full stop in HyperSpace, you'll still be in HyperSpace.
While Kotor Online would be intresting to check out, it still missing one key feature: Space Combat.
And set up in a Star Wars Universe it wouldnt feel complete with out it.
Surely beeing a Jedi is fun and all, but i alredy played WoW,Tabula Rasa, ***, ****, LOTRO and D&D Online to enjoy the ground combat to my fullest.