Lt. Commander
# 21
02-17-2010, 07:08 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticFringer View Post
Guess it isn't completely off topic but I wonder if people realize that, from the sounds of it, KOTOR is going to be more like STO than anything else as far as the "single player repetitive" feeling goes? I plan on playing it too, of course, but my expectations for it pretty much match this game except with a lot more voice over content and a Star Wars skin.
++rep.....

Has nobody but LunaticFringer and I read that SWTOR is going to be all about a small group, max of 4 players per a team (last web report i read), and that the whole thing is story driven with AI pets to fill in so you don't need team mates? They stole the Bridge Officer idea.... it's classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols
Wow, what a bunch of @$$holes you all are. It seems like as more folks explain why they are leaving, the nastier the fanbois get.
I love it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc4175 View Post
Can I have your stuff ?

Yes...you can... with only an hour of playtime you can have every item in the game.

Isn't that great?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
++rep.....

Has nobody but LunaticFringer and I read that SWTOR is going to having a small group, max of 4 players per a team (last web report i read), and that the whole thing is story driven with AI pets to fill in so you don't need team mates? They stole the Bridge Officer idea.... it's classic.

I love it.
lol stole the bridge officer idea /facepalm

have you actually played biowares other titles maybe i should point you to KOTOR a game from many years ago it was a single player RPG it got lots of awards and guess what it had AI pets you could control just like BO's and they helped you complete content just like in many many other games.

personally i don't really care for the star wars IP always prefered trek but STO hasn't lived up to the hype or what was told to us in all the interviews leading to release and i can understand why people will quit because of the product cryptic released.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Always these:
- I'm a MMO veteran
- I've played MMOs for [insert double digit year number] years
- I've been around a loooong time
- I've been playing games since probably most of y'all were in diapers

They supposed to make a point or something? I fail to see it...

PS: The OP made a funney:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTom
I'm a mmorpg veteran
and
Quote:
- no skill respect
and
Quote:
- skill cap
Yes, he's a veteran indeed.

............................................______ __
....................................,.-...................``~.,
.............................,.-...................................-.,
.........................,/...............................................:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../
...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:

Why I canceled?

- waaaay too many instances and loading screens
all MMO's have loading screen in one form or another.
- there is absolutely no world immersion feeling
I disagree, once I started reading the text boxes immersion quickly followed
- despite on big space and whatnot I felt like playing a single player game
Don't get your hopes up, KOTOR is designed to be a single player experience as well
- ground combat visualy and technicaly looks like a crap, and is boring like hell
I have fun in ground combat. I find it fast-paced and exciting.
- the whole game way too repeative
because killing a 100 boars, orcs, soldiers, sith, etc is not?
- non friendly IU, especially map section with missing quest markers and stuff
Use you scan area function. It does more than find anamolies.
- the klingon side is unfinished, nothing to do except again repeative pvp.
can't argue with this, it was rushed due to player demand.
- no skill respect
I don't respect your skills iether:p
- skill cap
- the micropayments
what micro-payments? Unless you mean the Klingon/Ferengi in c-store, I haven't seen any micro-payments.
- too complicated skill system - I really wish to know what exactly I'm picking to skill up. e.g. Field Theory +5, wth it does? this game need serious tooltips, without it, only devs know what such skill can do. And thats not only for skill system window, many items has weird variables.
Click info and read. There is a learning curve much like Eve and other games on the market.
- no autofire on all weapons in space, and no autofire at all in ground combat
I can only support autofire if they put arrays on individual timers. The only toon you have to tell to fire in ground combat is your own, so 2 keys to press is not too much(imo)
- the game is unfinished and I refuse to be a betatester and pay for it at same time
All mmo's are unfinished to an extent when released.
- GM never repllied to any of my ticket
guess you're not special enough to warrant individual/personal treatment?
- Gold spammers even in the game mail system.... cmon
like cockroaches they exist every where MMO's do.

See you in Kotor Online.
I look forward for your reasons for quiting KOTOR when it fails to live up to your ideals, until then good luck to you.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2010, 07:19 AM
LOL @ the FANBOIS no no no it dosnt suck they said there gonna fix it /stompfeet it dosnt suck its not a reskin of Co it is imme5rsive it is an MMO its not a 1 player console with an online option i swear its not.

It amazes me some peoples capacity to either ignore or avoid the obvious.

O yeah TOR ... Please dont try to compare the two one isnt even in beta and has been being developed for 2 years and counting this crap was rushed out in 18 months to capitloise on a movie and make a ton of cash off trekkies.

Tor is being devd as an mmo not some movie spinnoff cash raiser.

SWTOR is not being devd as a single player experience ..... rofl. there will be single player elements asd in all major titles but trust me you wont solo tor in 3 days. And the whole pet AI ...... thats been around loooong before sto gave you bo.s i dare say almost all mmos have some sort of pet system. STO is NOT an MMO its a 1 player with an online shootem up option.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-17-2010, 07:23 AM
oh ye and please get it right

SW TOR = new mmo in development

KOTOR = old single player rpg won lots of awards and shiznit

:p
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-17-2010, 07:25 AM
It's not KOTOR, ffs, and can I has ur stuffs?
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkybudz
LOL @ the FANBOIS no no no it dosnt suck they said there gonna fix it /stompfeet it dosnt suck its not a reskin of Co it is imme5rsive it is an MMO its not a 1 player console with an online option i swear its not.

It amazes me some peoples capacity to either ignore or avoid the obvious.

O yeah TOR ... Please dont try to compare the two one isnt even in beta and has been being developed for 2 years and counting this crap was rushed out in 18 months to capitloise on a movie and make a ton of cash off trekkies.

Tor is being devd as an mmo not some movie spinnoff cash raiser.

SWTOR is not being devd as a single player experience ..... rofl. there will be single player elements asd in all major titles but trust me you wont solo tor in 3 days. And the whole pet AI ...... thats been around loooong before sto gave you bo.s i dare say almost all mmos have some sort of pet system. STO is NOT an MMO its a 1 player with an online shootem up option.
yep like i say crypt fail again. The rush the game for some f*cking $$$ and get the fan boy jurk at the game. THe will stick in the game because its Star trek when the even change the title to hell what a crapy game perhaps the will leave. But again swtor is indeed promise. I keep a eye on them.
Closed Thread