Lieutenant
# 1 antiproton vs other beams
08-24-2014, 08:24 AM
I just made Commander TAC, I have a MK II antiproton beam and 2 cannons. Are they beeter than a MK 4 other type of beams or should I keep what I have.
Captain
# 2
08-24-2014, 08:44 AM
AP very good choice of weapon. That's all I use for beams. Look for ACC (accuracy) which will make sure they hit the target instead of wondering off it. Same for for torpedo's, cannons and mines (tip make sure they're not the type that can be shot down by the enemy) for mines.
  1. Antiproton: +20% critical severity or higher
  2. Look for ACC (accuracy) +10% or higher

MK II your using make sure you can use what your level allows you to use in MARK LEVEL. Higher always out ways the lower level. Now there is some typo's in MARK LEVEL Example Mark X Rare could be higher than Mark XI Very Rare. I've seen it happen many times.
Time will only tell!

Last edited by coolheadal; 08-24-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Captain
# 3
08-24-2014, 09:29 AM
No. They are not "better" than other energy types. In fact, unless you have a high critical chance build, AP is even worst than other options in some situations. I tested it in 5 of my toons, and in 3 of em i ended replacing em with a disruptor build, plasma build and a polaron build. In one of my rommies, cuz i have more or less high critical chance it seems that antiproton works far better, and in my karfi i have a fludic antiproton build because i like the visuals, nothing more.. lol.
Ensign
# 4
08-24-2014, 09:58 AM
I have antiproton, fleet and other, and prefer fleet plasma to the other's stuff they put in there..
Captain
# 5
08-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Each weapon type has it's strenghts except tetryons and phasers which plain suck.
Career Officer
# 6
08-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Each weapon type has it's strenghts except tetryons and phasers which plain suck.
Unless your in a Gal-X,Malestrom and Chimera (If you equip the console) or use the quad phaser cannons from the Sao Palo then your pretty much stuck using phasers to maximize the bonus weapons they come with but I have to agree that PVE wise phasers do suck but PVP wise is another story. Never bothered with Tetryons as my other weapons shread through shields already.
Captain
# 7
08-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandereffi View Post
I just made Commander TAC, I have a MK II antiproton beam and 2 cannons. Are they beeter than a MK 4 other type of beams or should I keep what I have.
To be honest, at such a low level you are at, the enemies are easy to beat. What I suggest is that you try the ones you have now. If they work good, I wouldn't bother replacing them. The higher MK weapons will work better than the MK II. The base damage alone of the MK IV is going to do more damage. However, if you are not needing to spend a noticeable amount of extra time with the slightly harder enemies, I wouldn't worry with it.

If you are spending more than half an hour playing, you should increase in another level or two quickly. As you have seen, you level fast. Therefore, if you buy new weapons now, you will be doing it again soon. What I did on my first character is use weapons till they didn't work as good anymore. Then I put them in my bank (to save for another character I was leveling later), and just collected loot drops. When I got a new collection of a single energy type, I popped them on my ship.

Also, I tried to stick with common weapons, consoles, and other gear at such low levels. When you are finished with them, you can sell them on the exchange, and make something off of them. Whereas the green and better are bound to either character or account. If I got something that was better quality, and was bind on pickup, I would go ahead and use it.

You do want all weapons on your ship of the same type, but I would suggest not focusing on trying to stay with a specific energy type from level 0-50. When you get a complete set, I would use it (just don't forget to switch out tac consoles also). This will do more for you. It will give you a chance to see which energy types you personally like best, and see what they do. Also, it can be cheaper that trying to buy a specific weapon at such a low level, because you are trying to match a specific set all the time.

I hope this is helpful.
The problem with AFKers is not that the mission is boring. It is that they found a way to exploit the game, and other players. If it was that they are bored, then they would be playing it on advance. (About MIE)
Captain
# 8
08-24-2014, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandereffi View Post
So you are still just leveling? if so get the highest mark weapons that you can. Once you get to level 50 then you can start worrying about what weapon type to get like antiproton vs disruptor vs plasma and beam array vs dual cannons. Also like coolhead said you want to check the mark and the quality (common, rare very rare). I dont think its a type but it is intended that a very rare quality mk x will be equal to a rare quality mk xi item. But a very rare mk xi will be better then a very rare mk x. So pay attention to the quality and the mark.

Also if you are getting close to level 40 you should start looking for advice on how to build your ship up. The level 40 ships you get with your free ship tokens are perfectly useable for level 50 content. And once you get to level 45 the quests/missions will start to reward MK X gear mostly uncommon but some are also rare quality. Some of the missions closer to 50 like the Dyson missions actually reward very rare gear. The weapons from the Solanae episodes reward very rare XI beam arrays, dual cannons and dual beam banks. And if you repeat one of the missions you can get a MK XII very rare deflectors, engines and shields.
Captain
# 9
08-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Quote:
I don't know,... I seem to melt cubes quite handily with Phasers and Quantums,...
U.S.S. Pyxis NX-92673 - ( Fleet Defiant ), U.S.S. Rukantha - ( Delta Class )
I.K.S. Faru Sadin - ( Fleet B'rel )
R.R.W. Rhadamanthys - ( Fleet T'Varo )

"Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." - Me
Captain
# 10
08-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Agree about tetryons, but phasers works far better than tetryons. I love my Vesta with the aux phasers build and i love my dyson destroyer with a phaser beam build as well. Both ships perform really nice, and honestly they do a lot of harm anyways. Plus, you have the undine set that can help you to build a mixed / photon / phaser build and its performance is far better than a few months back.