Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 480
# 21
08-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by policestate76 View Post
No. They are not "better" than other energy types. In fact, unless you have a high critical chance build, AP is even worst than other options in some situations. I tested it in 5 of my toons, and in 3 of em i ended replacing em with a disruptor build, plasma build and a polaron build. In one of my rommies, cuz i have more or less high critical chance it seems that antiproton works far better, and in my karfi i have a fludic antiproton build because i like the visuals, nothing more.. lol.
Just this! If you max your build for crits/accuracy then AP can be dynamite! Otherwise it's not so hot. You need to match you build and weapon choice for max effect.
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,842
# 22
08-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
Yeah, the whole dumb reason behind this, is because if they don't clear it themselves, than they get the 10sec immunity afterwards.

I have been running the destabilizing tetryons, and I will say they come in quite handy against boss types, as they can never clear it often enough (max I have accomplished is 5 stacks @ -58 each shield facing per sec., for 15sec. per stack, or overall 4350 per facing in 15sec., with almost no pause between stacks, being able to keep it running).

They just keep ticking down their shields, till they eventually have no shields at all, big help to the team when dealing with these boss types.
If a teammate is running those nano disruptor, do your ticks benefit from bonus shield damage?

I suspect something like that is very hard to test and track.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,418
# 23
08-25-2014, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post

They just keep ticking down their shields, till they eventually have no shields at all, big help to the team when dealing with these boss types.
It takes the same time even less to get rid of your target shields using any other energy type, so in the end , tetryons are the most useless weapons of all of em. And because once the shields are down, tetryons are by far the worst energy type out there.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,067
# 24
08-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
If a teammate is running those nano disruptor, do your ticks benefit from bonus shield damage?

I suspect something like that is very hard to test and track.
Would require some seriously thorough testing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by policestate76 View Post
It takes the same time even less to get rid of your target shields using any other energy type, so in the end , tetryons are the most useless weapons of all of em. And because once the shields are down, tetryons are by far the worst energy type out there.
While I can agree, that they do not offer up any form of DR benefit like disruptors, or cause hull burns like plasma, or even the CCO phaser/disruptors.

They still cause damage like any ordinary energy weapon, and the proc may seem pointless, but it does keep shields down longer on enemy bosses, much so more than more commonly used energy weapons, making is much easier for myself, and my teammates to continuously pound bare hull.

I still yield good dps from them, so they haven't made me unhappy with them.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 08-27-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,842
# 25
08-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
Would require some seriously thorough testing!.
I'm just thinking that I do team a fair bit in pugs with people who have different flavors of tetryons. I have a few of the nanite disruptors in my bank that I don't often use. Kinda wish I knew, because if it did buff the dots on refracting tets, then it's probably worth running over vanilla disruptors.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 69
# 26
08-29-2014, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Each weapon type has it's strenghts except tetryons and phasers which plain suck.
Nah, Tetryon is fantastic in the right build. A full cannon Science career escort Tetryon build can strip the shield off a group of 5-10 same-level enemies on an alpha strike, then finish the job with torp point defense turret (HEC)

You just need to build to increase the proc.

Against singular enemies or groups of 2-3 it's not that great though.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 444
# 27
08-29-2014, 06:15 AM
synopsis:

antiproton:

requires crit build and tac captain fed/klingon.
romulans can get by pretty well with any captain type and AP's if they gather enough crit bonuses from consoles/etc gear and boff's.

weapons training, energy weapons, targeting systems, and most importantly> energy weapon specialization.

tetryon and polaron:

requires a drain build for maximum effectiveness.

flow capacitors and consoles that magnify flow caps.

disruptor, phaser, and plasma:

requires no specific build to be effective beyond boosting damage through consoles. general purpose choice.

i run every single energy type and torp boats. all are very effective if you build into them in the case of ap's, tet, and pol.

plasma atm seems to have the highest output of a non required skill build types, 1 or 2 plasma disruptor hybrids (for the dis debuff proc) with other esoteric hybrid plasma damage types does some pretty high damage when both the dis proc and plasma fires eat the ships up.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,418
# 28
08-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurythefirst View Post
Nah, Tetryon is fantastic in the right build. A full cannon Science career escort Tetryon build can strip the shield off a group of 5-10 same-level enemies on an alpha strike, then finish the job with torp point defense turret (HEC)

You just need to build to increase the proc.

Against singular enemies or groups of 2-3 it's not that great though.
Well, i tested for 2 months 3 tetryon builds, using the apex set and the nukara one, in combination with maxed flow capacitors, blah blah bla, and i discarded tetryons for good. I mean, they are not bad, but why i should be using tetryons when i have more performance using any other energy type? that was my final conclusion.

I can also do what you say with any other energy type build, even with a phaser one. And faster. lol.
Captain
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,139
# 29
08-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by policestate76 View Post
Well, i tested for 2 months 3 tetryon builds, using the apex set and the nukara one, in combination with maxed flow capacitors, blah blah bla, and i discarded tetryons for good. I mean, they are not bad, but why i should be using tetryons when i have more performance using any other energy type? that was my final conclusion.

I can also do what you say with any other energy type build, even with a phaser one. And faster. lol.
Hmm?

AP works for me, max power rate, and mixture of high rate weapons carefully tested to work with the ship I am using. Anyone wants to go for a run at 8472 at sphere just pick a time and I'll be there with the West Palm Beach Battleship! Or make it a team effort.. Good run to test who's has the best payload sets..

I test what I can get my hands on and use. Gone through a lot weapons and consoles. Not all weapons are the same even with the extra triggers on them along with the sets of consoles packs.
Time will only tell!

Happy Thanksgiving for USA STO Players, Producers, Artist, Designers, Developers and Executive Board their families.. I hope I've covered everyone. Those of you I didn't mentioned, I wish the same message goes out to you also!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
# 30
09-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandereffi View Post
I just made Commander TAC, I have a MK II antiproton beam and 2 cannons. Are they beeter than a MK 4 other type of beams or should I keep what I have.

I usually just stay with my factions default weapon type until I reach level 50. That way you can always go to the faction requisition dealer to upgrade your newly procured ships if the exchange prices are ridiculous. I go common ("white") quality also, except for items I gain from in-game drops or are good deals on the exchange. You can sell the "white" items when you are done with them. You go through the lower levels fast enough that it is not worth it to me to put expensive high quality equipment on my ship.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 PM.