Lt. Commander
# 11
02-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stompar
we should def see if there is a universal rp channel, and if not, make one. perhaps naming conventions such as rpenglish, rpfrench, rpgerman etc.
French captains went for STORPFR and KDFRPFR
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulthron View Post
If you do...you may lose yourself in your character...
That never happens ... expect on Fox news reports about geeky satanists who read too much fantasy
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Bad-zack

1. LOVE your avatar :-)

2. hmm, then i hereby nominate English rp channels to be
STORPEN, and KDFRPEN

though man, those names hurt my eyes lol
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2010, 07:33 AM
I'd like to see a flag that can be set that says something like "I want to RP" and have 1 zone in each of the major areas etc. designated as RP discounting and when moving from one area to another if your flag is set then your placed into the RP zone.

Discounting zone chat because I don't believe you could use that but local chat would allow everyone who wishes to RP to do so as they wish. It may even be possible / preferable to set RP (English) and RP (German) etc.

This would give the RPers something closer to the RP only servers of other games without disrupting the flow of the game too much.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Bad-zack

STORPEN, and KDFRPEN

1) Thanks mate

2) Well english being the main language in the world, and even the galaxy ( Yes sir those aliens in the movies all spoke English ) we may go :

FEDRP
KDFRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmthemus View Post
I'd like to see a flag that can be set that says something like "I want to RP" and have 1 zone in each of the major areas etc. designated as RP discounting and when moving from one area to another if your flag is set then your placed into the RP zone.

Discounting zone chat because I don't believe you could use that but local chat would allow everyone who wishes to RP to do so as they wish. It may even be possible / preferable to set RP (English) and RP (German) etc.

This would give the RPers something closer to the RP only servers of other games without disrupting the flow of the game too much.
You sir just summarized the only reason why i hate this unique server system ! Hope they'll think about flags as you presented them !
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Bad-zack

STORPEN, and KDFRPEN

STORP is already one of the major RPer channels, and in English. Stop by and say hi sometime.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
STORP is already one of the major RPer channels, and in English. Stop by and say hi sometime.
Thx for th tip, that must explain why the lads took storpFR ! I'll be with you @ 19 gmt guys

We should make a tutorial for people to show them how to join a channel etc and ask a moderator to stick it !
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-17-2010, 08:22 AM
There's also the "Roleplayers" channel
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-17-2010, 08:53 AM
why do people who RP instantly gravitate to a bar in a game ,when most RP'ers I personaly know don't go to bars or anything social ?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-17-2010, 08:54 AM
For English speaking RP (but any are welcome)

Join channel : "Roleplayers" and "SubspaceRP"

I thought STORP was an OOC channel for RP help? I guess I should check it out (since we only get FIVE channels to choose from in-game...)

And here is another thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88503