Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-17-2010, 07:36 AM
I log on each night and do my exploration daily in B'tran cluster to get my epic gear. Other than that I've been leveling a science officer. I hope that some content materializes soon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowkiller75
what happens once you make admrial....is the game over......is the highest rank a 1 pip admrial.......do you get to command a fleet????? these are things i wonder
Do you think Cryptic laughs at us?

I sure do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkybudz
Who says you cant expect content? you paid for it right? i expect and im not gonna sit idly by with my mouth shut saying its cryptic i dont mind being ripped off... FFS wake up.
You played upwards of twenty episode's worth of content when you were moving up to admiral... Did you not notice any of that?

So in less than one month (who am I kidding...probably less than a week I'm guessing) , you have obsessively played a fifty dollar games worth of content... Basing on the games I can think of...and you have no idea if / when more is coming, so you are just ranting like a pointless ranty-thing there.... Every multi-mission story line... You read everything. you did everything....

Or maybe you just did it the easiest way you could think of and skipped through all of it... Then once you got to the top so you could be some sort of STO celebutard, you just started ranting about the lack of content because *you* didn't see any, because you had to take the shortcut....

Like a spoiled kid who eats his candy bar in thirty seconds then throws a fit so mumsy will give them another one...

Which of course you and I know you did, but I don't expect you to own up now... =D
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
You played upwards of twenty episode's worth of content when you were moving up to admiral... Did you not notice any of that?

So in less than one month (who am I kidding...probably less than a week I'm guessing) , you have obsessively played a fifty dollar games worth of content... Basing on the games I can think of...and you have no idea if / when more is coming, so you are just ranting like a pointless ranty-thing there.... Every multi-mission story line... You read everything. you did everything....
I agree with your statement, an offline RPG is good for about that much, so we all got our money's worth with our $50 we paid for the game. Unfortunately if cryptic wants to continue to earn $15 a month for subscriptions they need to add content to the game to earn it.

The short of it is that the content here is satisfactory for leveling to 45, once there it is lacking. I've been occupying my time with leveling a science officer, but this is probably the fastest that I have ever made an alt in an MMO as I normally gear my main first, but as of now, there is only one method (B'tran Daily) that I have to obtain good gear for my character. (I've already obtained the PVP gear)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-17-2010, 08:03 AM
2 Weeks of leveling to Admiral and I read most of the Mission-Briefing and Storythings....
exept for the *Scan for X five times* or *Defeat 5 whatever*.
And now IT IS BORING LIKE HELL -.-

All I've got to do is 1 Daily for better Equip...done in 15 mins...fantastic thing.

PvP is not my thing, nether having 35 Twinks or so. I like to play ONE Person in
STO. So - what can I do?

OK, every day I log in, do the Daily, log out and read Forum if there is some
Content to come....anyway...if there is nothing to do ingame...why shall I pay for?

Hell, I'm sooo damn bored that I just reactivated my 5 Years old EvE-Account and
take a second look at EvE *g*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlhog
2 Weeks of leveling to Admiral and I read most of the Mission-Briefing and Storythings....
exept for the *Scan for X five times* or *Defeat 5 whatever*.
And now IT IS BORING LIKE HELL -.-

All I've got to do is 1 Daily for better Equip...done in 15 mins...fantastic thing.

PvP is not my thing, nether having 35 Twinks or so. I like to play ONE Person in
STO. So - what can I do?

OK, every day I log in, do the Daily, log out and read Forum if there is some
Content to come....anyway...if there is nothing to do ingame...why shall I pay for?

Hell, I'm sooo damn bored that I just reactivated my 5 Years old EvE-Account and
take a second look at EvE *g*
cryptic doesnt beleive in breaking the mold
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Apparently you get attacked on the forums by the "get a life" brigade.

I'll probably just go back to playing my science officer for a while though or try a Klingon and see what Cryptic does from there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
You played upwards of twenty episode's worth of content when you were moving up to admiral... Did you not notice any of that?

So in less than one month (who am I kidding...probably less than a week I'm guessing) , you have obsessively played a fifty dollar games worth of content... Basing on the games I can think of...and you have no idea if / when more is coming, so you are just ranting like a pointless ranty-thing there.... Every multi-mission story line... You read everything. you did everything....

Or maybe you just did it the easiest way you could think of and skipped through all of it... Then once you got to the top so you could be some sort of STO celebutard, you just started ranting about the lack of content because *you* didn't see any, because you had to take the shortcut....

Like a spoiled kid who eats his candy bar in thirty seconds then throws a fit so mumsy will give them another one...

Which of course you and I know you did, but I don't expect you to own up now... =D
I'm sorry I played all the way up to admiral very damn slowly and I tell you what of the Episodes only a few are actually memorable that's how great they are, I've done enough Defend X / Explore X.

The content is pretty damn weak, Mission design is terrible to be brutally honest and Dialogue seems thrown together last minute, There are so many mistakes it breaks the immersion factor constantly.

Heck remember the mission where you have to cure the independent Romulans for the virus that they got cause the Remans infected them and took over the lab. Now remember scanning the subjects for a pure sample. What did they look like ?, Starfleet Uniforms.

Those sorts of things with the weak mission designs like Scan X amount / Destroy X amount with nothing other than that to me is weak and not worth what I paid for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazferiti
I agree with your statement, an offline RPG is good for about that much, so we all got our money's worth with our $50 we paid for the game. Unfortunately if cryptic wants to continue to earn $15 a month for subscriptions they need to add content to the game to earn it.

The short of it is that the content here is satisfactory for leveling to 45, once there it is lacking. I've been occupying my time with leveling a science officer, but this is probably the fastest that I have ever made an alt in an MMO as I normally gear my main first, but as of now, there is only one method (B'tran Daily) that I have to obtain good gear for my character. (I've already obtained the PVP gear)
No I can give you an offline RPG box set that would have to a casual player a years worth of gameplay for less than a single month sub

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baldurs-Gate.../dp/B002TOKQH2
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-17-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowkiller75
what happens once you make admrial....is the game over......is the highest rank a 1 pip admrial.......do you get to command a fleet????? these are things i wonder
Nope, you get called back to Earth and get to sit behind a desk. But there is one thing that makes it worth it, its a click-able chair.

That's the prize.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-17-2010, 08:17 AM
I roll my Engineer or klingon toon
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:51 PM.