Lt. Commander
# 1 Reset resolution?
02-17-2010, 07:58 AM
How do I reset my screen resolution? I set it to something that's unsupported, and now when I run the game the screen goes black. How can I reset it to what it was before without starting the game?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 08:13 AM
I am wondering the same thing. I will be getting a new video card soon, and I want to know how to change the setting from low reselution when I get the new carad.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 04:41 PM
You can either edit or delete your game "Gameprefs" file located in ../Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/Localdata if you installed to the default path.

If you delete it all your prefs will be reset to first run settings. If you want to edit it, open the file in notepad and find the 2 lines that read Screenheight and Screenwidth and edit them appropriately then save.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 05:45 PM
I did a similar thing switching resolution for main monitor and projector. I ran the game from launcher in 'safe mode' - launcher 'options'. This sorted the issue for me - I just had to reset the GFX to a quality / settings that worked. This, I would think, is a much easier way to do it than editing files!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlowmi View Post
I did a similar thing switching resolution for main monitor and projector. I ran the game from launcher in 'safe mode' - launcher 'options'. This sorted the issue for me - I just had to reset the GFX to a quality / settings that worked. This, I would think, is a much easier way to do it than editing files!
Ok, where is that exactly cuase I could not find where you were talking about.

Thanks for the info btw.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
Ok, where is that exactly cuase I could not find where you were talking about.

Thanks for the info btw.
When you first start the launcher and before you press 'Engage'. At the top of the launcher is a toolbar with 'Cryptic' to the left and 'Server' with a colored dot on the right for server status.

The toolbar has; Account Forums Support Manual Options

Select options and a new windows / pop out box opens with a slew of option check boxes / drop down menus and advanced command line.

Check 'Safe Mode', press ok then press 'engage' on main window.

The game then starts in safe mode. (usually windowed!)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlowmi View Post
When you first start the launcher and before you press 'Engage'. At the top of the launcher is a toolbar with 'Cryptic' to the left and 'Server' with a colored dot on the right for server status.

The toolbar has; Account Forums Support Manual Options

Select options and a new windows / pop out box opens with a slew of option check boxes / drop down menus and advanced command line.

Check 'Safe Mode', press ok then press 'engage' on main window.

The game then starts in safe mode. (usually windowed!)
Ok, so I was looking in the right spot. Well Safe Mod is not checked and the game is running fine. So I guess I will not have to change anything.

The pop up I was refering too happend the very first time I launched STO, and only once since after a patch.